Chapter 135: Super Host Legend ~Kanata Of Anti-Corporate~ Debut Chapter

The members of the secret base have increased lately. Watanuki on April 1st and Hozumi on August 1st, whom we met recently, started coming to the base.

"Eat this! Hyper Piston Shot!"

"Well, I might bring them down for sure...! Hoo!"

Watching Tsukasa and Keikai-senpai indulging in billiards with a cue between their legs, Hozumi and I observed them with lukewarm eyes from the bar counter area.

"Hozumi, what do you want to drink next?"

Acting like a master, I stood behind the counter.

"Well, let's see. Long Island Iced Tea."

"Good choice."

I poured liquor into the shaker, covered it, tossed it from my back, did a spin, caught it, and finally poured the cocktail into a rocks glass.

"The cocktail shake dance is cool! Amazing, amazing!"

"Heh! I knew it."

I chuckled lightly. I learned this cocktail shake skill in my previous world. It was meant to boast when I eventually got a girlfriend. However, when I showed it to Igarashi in my previous world during the early days of our relationship, she just said, "Wow." with a cold smile. It was bittersweet.

"But with your current moves and the recent live performance, Kanata, you're shining. And those two over there are popular too, despite being a bit silly."

Tsukasa and Keikai-senpai still had the cue between their legs, engaging in some inexplicable game of pulling out Jenga blocks.

"Hey, Kanata, what do you think about those two?"

"Well, they are popular. Popular guys are valuable, right?"

"Yeah, true. A popular guy is a rare find."

Hozumi, lost in thought, looked up from the rocks glass. Then, standing up from the counter seat, he said,

"I have a favor to ask everyone, can I?"

The two fools with cues between their legs came over.

"What's up? A favor? If it's about debuting as an underground idol, I'll pass. I'm not cut out for that, haha!"

"Oh, I'm in a bit of trouble. What should I do? Well, I guess I can think positively."

"No, it's not about idol debut. I want to ask for a part-time job."

Hozumi looked serious.

"Just for one day. I want all of you to be hosts for the day."

We tilted our heads in confusion. Hosts – men who shine in the nighttime world.

"Hosts? Why?"

It's troubling to be asked something like that out of the blue. I wanted to know the background.

"Before I became an underground idol, I was actually a host. I received a lot of help in terms of earnings back then. The money I earned at that time is what allows me to focus on idol activities now."

Hosting seemed like a natural fit for Hozumi, who takes pride in making girls happy.

"Before becoming an idol, I was asked by the owner of the place I used to work at. They're planning a big summer event, but they don't have enough hosts for the incoming guests. So, they want me to come back for just one day. Also, if you know anyone with talent, bring them along."

"Oh, I see. So, you're saying I have the talent to be a host!?"

I couldn't stop smiling. Being suited for hosting means being popular, right? As an introvert, I feel very shy when praised like that, but it's still exciting.

"Host, huh?"

Keikai-senpai looked displeased. There seemed to be some resistance.

"Hosts don't touch female customers, right?"

"No, it's all about customer service. Touching is definitely a no."

"Hmm. That's boring. Why can't you touch when there are breasts and buttocks right in front of you? It's hard to understand."

Usually, this guy always touches girls he meets at school, feeling their chests and buttocks. Rather, it's harder to understand how he gets away with it in university, but since Keikaipai-sen is popular, he gets a pass.

"Well, I also have a bit of resistance. Money is meant to be spent on wooing girls, not to be wooed by girls, right?"

Tsukasa also seemed dissatisfied in some way.

"Yeah, that's right. It sounds logical, but why does it sound a bit shady?"

"And they want to have sex with us, right? That's definitely wrong. It's absurd to do it with the girls who come as customers in the dazzling light."

"What's with that aesthetic? It sounds cool, but why does it still sound shady?"

Tsukasa, the player, seems to have his own aesthetics.

"So, are you two saying no? Kanata, what about you?"

Host. It's not an exaggeration to say it's the peak of being a real couple.

"Well, this is also part of social studies. I'll do it."

I didn't really want to, but hey, isn't everything an experience? You have to gain social experience, right?

"All right! Let's all do our best!"

"""Ooooh!"""

And so, we decided to work as hosts for just one day.










And then we came to know.



The greed and cunning of the creature called woman...










And so, we confidently walked through Kabukicho, impeccably dressed in high-end suits. Along the way, we passed by a group of yakuza, but they trembled and avoided us in the face of my night-cool-guy aura and host power.

"Hey, hey, Senpai, what was that just now?"

"Don't ask. You wouldn't want to know that Kanata won the anti-corporate power battle."

"Hey, you playboys, I can hear you, you know. I'm not anti-corporate."

Hozumi looked at us somewhat anxiously.

"Huh? Did I choose the wrong people ... Kanata, your coolness seems to have a different direction..."

What are you talking about? I think I'm emitting an aura of a cool adult right now. These guys are rude. I'll definitely show them during the real deal! We arrived at the store and were led to the backstage.

"Are those guys Hozumi's friends? He did gather some good-looking faces. By the way, who's the leader of that group over there? We're part of the Anti-Violence Law, so we don't associate with anti-corporate..."

The owner of the store interviewed us, but he seemed to be making somewhat rude remarks about me.

"I'm not anti-corporate! And you don't join the Anti-Violence Law, it's automatically enforced!"

"Huh? With that aura, you're not anti-corporate...? And you're going to be a host with that face? It's too wild ... well, having one eccentric might be okay. Yeah, I'm starting to feel that it's okay!"

Apparently, we passed. Do I really have a face that doesn't suit being a host? I'm starting to lose confidence.

"W-Well! It's okay, Kanata! Your face is undeniably good-looking! Surely, you'll be requested by girls who like a bit of roughness! Yeah!"

Hozumi tried to reassure me, but are the customers I'll attract really going to be those weird ones only? I don't like the sound of that. After a simple training session, we waited for the opening time.

"Everyone, you haven't forgotten your host names, right?"

Hozumi spoke to us, sensing our nervousness.

"Yeah, I haven't forgotten. I'm Nanso Bakin, a naughty type host."

Naughty...? I think Senpai is quite dirty-minded, though.

"My name is Vincent Katsushika! Call me Vin! I'm a cute-type host with a curl! Kyun!"

What is this? Tsukasa's adaptability is amazing. He's really good at creating characters.

"My name is Tokoyo Miyako Sumeragi. I'm a serious-type host. Nice to meet you."

I'm inherently serious, so I'll go with an honest character. But the two playboys are looking at me with lukewarm eyes.

"Hahaha... Well, everyone knows that Kanata is inherently serious! I believe that sincerity will convey to the girls! Trust me!"

Hozumi's follow-up struck a chord...

"By the way, what's Hozumi's host name?"

"It's Kageno Koji. Isn't it cool?"

"What's with that? It's as hard to read as a real name. Isn't it becoming a habit? Chuunibyou?"

I was expecting something idol-like and refreshing, but Hozumi is unexpectedly unpredictable. And as we chatted, the opening time arrived. The four of us formed a circle, pumped ourselves up.

"All right, the princesses are coming! Let's all do our best!"

"""We're handsome guys! We're handsome guys! Fai-o, fai-o, fai-o!"""

And so, the "radiant night" begins...





The event this time seems to be a festive uproar to boost the club. More customers than usual are coming. It appears that the featured host will adorn the cover of the next host specialty magazine as today's number one, drawing attention from the public. The event is filled with enjoyable activities, themed around a summer festival. Customers can enjoy wearing yukatas, and classic summer events like goldfish scooping and shooting ranges with the hosts. Amidst the event, I was assisting at the tables of popular hosts.

"That guy is called Sumeragi, but seriously, isn't he too much of a mafia character? lol"

I am Miyako Sumeragi, getting my face teased by the popular host Garyu. I seem to have become a character who gets teased, huh?

"Sumeragi-kun's face is seriously hilarious lol. Looks like he can handle tequila in one go lol. Boy, tequila please!"

Upon a customer's order, the boy brings a tequila shot glass in front of me. I gulp it down in one go and place the glass.

"Huh? Can't you say 'thanks for the meal'? Seriously, you're a terrible newbie haha."

"Sumeragi-kun, you're such a fool! I'll treat you to another tequila ahaha."

And another round of tequila is ordered. I gulp it down again.

"Thanks for the meal."

I say it politely and sincerely.

"Seriously, haha. Your reactions are so boring, it's hilarious!"

Which one is it? But the customer seems to be in a good mood.

"Right? Oops, it's about time. Sorry. Gotta leave the table."

"Eh, being with this boring Sumeragi-kun is a turn-off! Stay nearby, I'll get a bottle!"

--- "First bottle of the day has arrived!"

Some voice echoes through the speakers in the shop. Hosts gather around my table, clapping their hands and getting excited.

--- "Yes! Comments from the princess and prince! 3, 2, 1!"

--- "Yes! Shooting champagne to capture the princess's heart! Whoooa!"

While saying this, Garyu aims the champagne cork at my face. If it's released like this, it will hit my face. The expectation here is probably for me to dodge or cover my face with my hands, revealing an awkward appearance. However...

"It's dangerous, you know?"

I catch the cork aimed at my forehead with my right hand.

"Eh? You caught it? A bottle cap?" "Eh? Amazing, isn't it?" "Wow!" "But seriously, you're terrible at reading the atmosphere!"

Somehow, a weird atmosphere flows due to me catching the cork. Unbearable.

"Geez, you rookie! Seriously uncool!"

"Gross, gross. Sumeragi-kun is annoying."

It's really frustrating. Is this how host clubs are? It feels like the world of high school caste systems all over again. In the midst of such aimless thoughts, a voice echoed in the shop.

--- "The bottle has arrived! Thank you!"

Seizing the opportunity, I leave the table and head towards the table with the bottle along with other hosts.

--- "Comments from the prince in 3, 2, 1!"

--- "Senpai, are you okay being surpassed by a newbie!? Even though today is my first day, I've already opened a bottle! Senpai, please acknowledge me!"

--- "Vin-kun, you're cool! Senpai, you're behind! Behind!"

Tsukasa, also known as Vincent Katsushika, was the one who ordered the bottle. He's really hyping it up with the microphone. Isn't he too familiar with being a host? After the call ends, and they toast with champagne, Tsukasa leaves the table.

"Vin-kun, where are you going?! Wait!"

"Not just one. If you want me, call me later for another bottle. Bye!"

Tsukasa, who pleasantly put in the bottle, strangely looked cool as he moved away from the table. Well, he's a bit sleazy.

"Oh, Kana-- I mean, Sumeragi! Did you see my intense microphone performance?! It was quite fun!"

"Yeah, I saw it. It was quite a show."

"Well, you gotta show off on occasions like this. Sumeragi, let's see you put in a bottle too. I want to witness your intense microphone skills."

"I'd rather hear how you did it. Any special technique or something?"

I'm just the character getting teased, putting in a bottle is like a distant dream.

"Huh? It's easy! That girl from earlier, we hooked up at a shared izakaya before. We coincidentally met here again."

"She put in the bottle because you know each other?"

"No, not really. I asked her for a threesome a long time ago. She turned me down, though. Yet here she is, enjoying the host club. Isn't it unfair that she's having fun while refusing me?"

"Sorry, I really can't relate to that feeling."

"So, I told her I was really hurt by that, and as an apology, she put in a bottle for me."

"Uh... that makes no sense... it's not helpful at all!"

"Well, selling yourself is about personality! I'm sure there's a way that suits Sumeragi. Anyway, I got called to another table, so see you!"

Saying that, Tsukasa confidently walked away from me. His back already resembled that of a seasoned man of the night.

--- "Bottle order from the princess!"

Once again, the call for a bottle echoed through the shop. I joined the circle, and the host who put in the bottle was someone I knew well—Nanso Bakin, also known as Kekai-senpai.

--- "Yes! Prince's appeal in 3, 2, 1!"

--- "Learn from me, you guys, and raise the host average. If you guys don't put in more bottles, I'll stand out too much, and it'll be embarrassing for you!"

--- "That's right! Bakin-kun is actually a kind and shy boy. Learn more from Bakin-kun to make the girls happy!"

Kekai-senpai and the princess who put in the bottle filled the shop with their performance. Huh? Aren't hosts supposed to elegantly woo girls with sophisticated play? Is this childish showing off really part of the job? After chugging a bottle of champagne directly from the bottle, Kekai-senpai left the table.

"Wait, Bakin-kun!"

"Sorry. Since there are so many lonely girls. If I don't go, who will? Wait quietly. I'll be back with the bottle."

"Yeah! I'll be waiting!"

Then Kekai-senpai approached me.

"Senpai... you really had a triumphant look..."

"Totally. We newcomers have to work hard, it's a pitiful story. I feel sorry for myself. I'm thinking about the future of the industry."

Isn't he too conscious of the host's job?

"Is there some kind of trick to putting in a bottle?"

"Huh? For me, I hate girls who smoke. That girl from earlier, as soon as she sat at the table, she had a cigarette in her mouth, appealing for me to light it. That pissed me off. So I took the cigarette and threw it away."

"This is a customer service job! You can't interfere with customers smoking!"

"In exchange, I had the boy bring me a cigar, and I put that in my mouth. Cigars are good. The aroma is really nice."

"Do you smoke it? Isn't your customer service too free-spirited?!"

"Then the girl has a lighter, right? I had her light it for me. I smoked the cigar, and when the girl asked if cigars are delicious, I made her try mine. Then she put in the bottle for me."

"You're not doing customer service at all! You're just making selfish requests! Isn't this too laid-back? It's not like this in your usual days!"

"That's the thing. The trick is to be natural. Don't be pretentious; just confront the customer as you are. That's my host path..."

And Senpai heads to the next table. His back truly exudes the aura of a night king.

"Exactly what is being a host!?"

It's completely different from what I thought. I thought it would be a more glamorous world, but there's a lot of silly showing off and foolish acts. Maybe I'm not cut out for being a host. Should I go back to the countryside? While thinking that, the boy called out to me.

"Sumeragi. You have a requested visit."

"Eh? Seriously?! A request?!"

"Yes. Please do your best."

The boy raises his thumb. I also raise my thumb and head towards the table where there's a requested customer.

"Thank you for the request. I'm Miyako Sumeragi. Let's enjoy the night together."

Bowing my head, I deliver my sincere catchphrase. When I lift my head, there she is—the beautiful girl with silver hair and red eyes, elegantly coiling her long hair.

"Yeah. Nice to meet you. Anyway, bring me the DV assortment!"

"You virgin girl! That's not on the menu!"

I know the girl in front of me, making a ridiculous order with a sharp expression. I feel a dizzying charm in her adorned figure in a dress. But it's pitiful. She's a virgin. Her name is Milan!





Next Chapter Preview!

One after another, eccentric customers nominate Kanata, thrusting him into a world of blatant harassment and exposed desires!

Facing numerous outrageous requests, Kanata's admiration and dreams of becoming a host crumble.

But he must not give up because Kanata is the genuine anti-establishment king!!





Next time on "Super DV Host Legend ~ Kanata, the Anti-Establishment ~ Awakening Arc"


PREV | NEXT