Chapter 133: The Arrival Of Unscrupulous Merchants!

Amidst Moo-chan's laughter and Yuzuriha's kneeling despair, their contrasting positions were vividly displayed.

"It's been a long time, a long, humiliating time! I started writing novels before you! Milk Bag Chest! You probably don't know, huh?"

"What are you talking about?"

Moo-chan began reminiscing, like a villain revealing their tragic past.

"Six years. Yes, it took six years! I devoted every day to surpassing you, who always dominated the rankings! I studied templates day in and day out, analyzed what writing resonates, meticulously crafted words and settings, and continued publishing works! I promoted on SNS during exams and even on test days! But the goddess of victory didn't smile at me! Yet, I didn't give up! After relentless research day after day, I finally reached the ultimate strategy of Kanoero through the template! It was exhilarating! I surpassed you, got published, turned it into a manga, and even an anime! While you drowned in talent, I honed my logic! This is the result! Kukuhahaha!"

Moo-chan seemed like a demon lord, but she had struggled and finally achieved success. It was something to be respected.

"So, from now on, I'll advise you, Yuzuriha. I'll color you in my own shade with a creative theory tainted by a sense of justice and survival bias."

"Isn't that the behavior of the most disliked SNS influencer? Morally preaching that unsuccessful people are at fault! I hate being told such things!"

"But you are unsuccessful. I am successful. That's everything."

"From now on! I will climb up! With my comrades, I'll show you! I pledged in this doujinshi!"

What kind of conversation is this between a hero and a demon lord? Well, creators might be like this. Anyway, let's wrap it up for today...

"I've heard enough! Leave this competition to me!"

At that moment, an unwanted intruder appeared. I recognized the voice but turned around anyway. There was Suo in a white shirt and a tight black skirt, an office lady style with a hint of eroticism. Behind her were many cosplayers lined up.

"Suo. Why are you here?"

Why do these idiots gather here? I didn't plan anything here at all, no?

"I came here for work. I'm here for the promotion of the mobile game 'Prince Nemo' that our Obrigada company is releasing this month! It's currently being exhibited at the corporate booth! Please take a look!"

Oh, right, some people come here for work. Well, that's fine.

"What do you mean by overseeing the match? The outcome seems clear already."

"No, that's not it. The appeal of a novel is subjective to the reader. It's often more profitable for a work supported passionately by a minority than one vaguely supported by a majority. So, let's decide the winner with a different challenge."

In a low voice, exactly what I was looking for.

"Yes! Suo is hired! I'll leave the arrangements to you!"

"I'm on it!"

And Suo inserted herself between the arguing Yuzuriha and Moo-chan.

"You two seem to have some unresolved issues. Let's settle it with a competition."

Yuzuriha and Moo-chan tilted their heads but listened to Suo.

"We have two cosplay suits here. They're the costumes of the characters Archibas and Amarau from the game our company will release soon, 'Prince Nemo.' I want both of you to change into these costumes, go to the cosplay booth, and strike alluring poses in front of the cameras for the promotion of the game."

Wait, did a hint of sincerity slip out there? Suo? Is this competition really for the sake of the two?

"That's fine, but how do we determine who wins? Can you quantitatively measure a cosplay competition?"

"Yes! We'll measure on SNS which of your cosplays garnered more attention. In this era, you can easily do it with online marketing."

Suo confidently stated. Yuzuriha and Moo-chan began pondering. They seemed to lack one final move for the competition.

"Hey, what advantage do you gain from this, Suo? In a cosplay competition, can you really determine superiority quantitatively?"

"That's right! Can you measure which of us is talked about more on SNS!?"

"SNS metrics will measure which of your cosplays generated more buzz. It's much better for our company's content to have a few passionately supporting it than a vague majority. You understand?"

Suo said with confidence. The two novelists agreed to the competition. At that moment, I noticed something. Suo had a wicked grin for a brief moment.

"Suo, Suo."

"What is it, Kanata?"

"Do you have any advantage in this competition?"

Suo smirked and replied,

"If two S-class beauties like them cosplay as our game characters, create a buzz at the cosplay booth, and distribute scenarios written by them, the gacha will undoubtedly thrive. Kukuhahaha!"

Oh no, this person is running an unscrupulous business. Maybe I've invested in a terrible woman. In this competition, Suo has already won, and the remaining two are just clowns. So pitiful.










Considering the character settings, Yuzuriha takes on the role of Archibas, and Moo-chan is assigned as Amarau.

"Kanata, what do you think? Does it suit me?"

Pink hair, purple eyes, and a black formal suit skirt costume. Surprisingly, it suited her.

"You look good. I sense elegance in that formal suit."

"Is that so? That's good then. But still, it's a bit embarrassing..."

"Well, just enjoy it. If you win, you'll get a big opportunity. Even if you lose, there's no loss."

"Yes! I'll do my best!!"

Yuzuriha, however, didn't confidently step into the cosplay booth. Instead, she was peeking from inside the building. No doubt, she's nervous about coming out.

"Ultimately, it's the usual Yuzuriha!?"

"K-Kanata! What's with the abundance of those camera guys?! It's weird! With so many cameras, they might suck our souls!"

"That's an old superstition."

On the other hand, Moo-chan was already in the cosplay booth, cosplaying as the character Amarau, interacting with the camera guys and actively promoting "Prince Nemo" by distributing flyers to passersby.

"Yuzuriha! Listen!"

I put my hands on Yuzuriha's shoulders.

"Eek! What is it?!"

"If you win, I'll do anything for you! So, give it your all! Fight!"

"...Anything?"

"Uh, yeah, anything...."

Yuzuriha squinted her eyes for a while, pondering. Then...

"I'll go. Please watch me as I fall intensely..."

"Fall? Well, do your best!"

And Yuzuriha boldly entered the cosplay booth. The real competition is about to begin!





***Author's musings***

That Suo, the unscrupulous merchant...

By the way, Archibas and Amarau are characters borrowed from another work by the author.

See you again.