Chapter 71: Temptation

I returned to Reckenberg with the miners. One of them casually approached, expressing gratitude for saving him from a near-death situation while working as a day laborer during the off-season. He mentioned having many children at home, including a nursing baby.

"Aha. You must be Harris. You saved my life, my wife's, and six children's lives. Surely, good things will come your way."

With such a large number of struggling people, it was impossible to bring them all into the town. Zeigt left some of his subordinates to keep watch and went to consult with the count about future plans. Meanwhile, Eilia seemed quite fatigued from using healing magic and quickly disappeared into her room. Though I was somewhat tired from the day's events, I became concerned about Tiana, so I decided to head to Stella's shop.

"Can I come with you?"

Comba asked, but Gina stopped him.

"We've successfully completed the mission, and it's still early afternoon. Let's celebrate with a toast."

Comba compared our faces.

"Yeah, it's in the middle of town, and I'm just going to pick up Tiana. There shouldn't be any danger, so relax and enjoy yourselves."

"Sorry, brother. Then, I'll do that."

Gina, heading to a corner table with Comba, gave me a wink. Gina seemed to be trying to be considerate. Well, I'll graciously accept those feelings.

When I reached Stella's shop, it was already closed after the lunchtime rush. I entered through the side entrance, knocking on the back door.

"Hey, you. This isn't the entrance to the shop."

Several employees, sitting and relaxing, glared at me.

"Oh, sorry to interrupt your break. Is Stella around?"

"The owner is out for a bit. What do you need?"

I hesitated, wondering if I should explain to someone who didn't know the situation, but then a cheerful voice echoed.

"Oh, isn't that Harris? Hello there. Oh, you've come to pick up Tiana, haven't you?"

Alice approached, shaking her dull blonde hair.

"I'll take care of this person."

Despite appearances and actions, she seemed to hold some authority within the shop. Alice turned to me, smiling.

"You look quite tired. Was the job tough?"

"Well, yeah. So, what about Tiana?"

"She seems a bit tired, so I let her rest in her room. Let me guide you. Follow me."

I went through the kitchen and headed down the corridor.

Alice climbed the stairs, and her well-shaped hips swayed from side to side, catching my attention unavoidably. We went up another floor, and when we walked a bit down the hallway, Alice turned around.

"Hey, Harris. You were staring at my butt just now, weren't you?"

Here she goes, making my face turn red. I shrugged and lowered my head slightly.

"I didn't mean to, but maybe it caught my eye. If it bothered you, I apologize."

Looking up, I realized she was suddenly addressing me informally. Well, I'll accept that feeling gratefully.

"How is that?"

"'How is that?'"

"Do you like what you see? I mean, I may be saying it myself, but I think I have a pretty good figure."

Alice turned toward me, pushing me against the corridor wall.

I couldn't feel them because of the leather armor, but I could see her rather large breasts pressed against me and changing shape. Alice looked up at me with moist eyes and put her hands behind my neck.

"You seem to prefer very young girls, but sometimes it's nice to have an adult woman. Even if you're going to be nice to her, you shouldn't have to deal with a girl that size every night."

"What?"

"If it were me, I could do a lot of things for you. It's not like you're only interested in girls, right?"

Alice stretches up and blows on my ear. I try to push her away with both hands, but I'm at a loss for where to put my hands.

"Wait a minute. Who says I do what every night?"

"You don't have to hide it. Tiana told me. Tiana told me that she and her Master sleep together every night."

I look up at the ceiling.

"That's definitely not what she meant."

"What's the difference? What is it that a man and a woman do when they are in bed together? So, you know. How about a gold coin for a month's allowance? Not including food, clothing and shelter, of course."

Alice, who had been looking up at me, changes her expression.

"I guess it seems expensive to have someone you can hold for free. I'll do my best to serve you."

"Hey, why me? You were flirting with Zeigt the other day, weren't you?

I finally say this much. I was left to keep up the pace.

"Hmm. I don't think he's the type to have a mistress. He can't have a regular wife either. I just want to get my allowance and take it easy. Harris, on the other hand, seems very tolerant. He's so energetic that he needs company every night. I heard that you're not just an adventurer, but a man of some standing, so I thought I'd put my hand up."

Alice takes my hand and brings it to her hip.

"You can't make a decision if you're told to do so out of the blue? Well then, I'll give you a special service. Would you like to try it out in my room for a minute? I've been in here a long time, but circumstances have kept me from going out, and I've been in the sun all that time."

I managed to get my hands off Alice's hips.

"I even almost got kidnapped once when I went out for a bit. That old lady wielded a warhammer and took out those five guys in no time. Oh, but that's not what I'm talking about. I'll definitely satisfy you. I mean, once you try it, you'll be hooked. Right? Let's do that."

"What do you mean?"

"Oh, you're a little taken back, aren't you? I thought you were used to women, but I didn't expect that. I don't do this with just anyone. In fact, I can do it with only one man and I've never cheated on anyone. What's with that face? That's hurtful. Oh well. Harris has beautiful fingers and dexterity, doesn't he? It makes me shivers."

Alice hugs me tightly. Immediately, the nearest door opens. And before I had time to push Alice's body away, Tiana emerged from that door.

"Ah. Master. You're back. ......What are you doing with Alice?"

Tiana looks at us with a small tilt of her head.

I search for words but couldn't come up with a good line. Alice slowly pulls herself away from me and turns to Tiana.

"Oh. Tiana-chan. I was just about to show him to your room, when suddenly, here we are."

Alice looks down helplessly.

Hey. Don't do that. You're not going to say something weird, are you?