Chapter 72: Unforgivable Acts

[Tiana's POV]


♡♡♡

"Suddenly, I felt dizzy. I was about to collapse, but Harris supported me, just as Tiana-chan said. He really is a gentleman."

Alice distanced herself from Master.

"Well then, think about what I just said earlier."

Alice lightly stroked Master's cheek and waved at me before descending the stairs. I couldn't leave Master standing in the corridor, so I invited him into the room. Although he didn't appear injured, weariness was evident on his face.

Even though it had only been a few days, it felt like Master had become a different person. Frowning, he seemed preoccupied with something. As I approached, I noticed a pleasant fragrance—apparently, Alice perfume had rubbed off.

The scene from earlier flashed before my eyes. She mentioned being supported when she was about to collapse. Had he been supporting her for so long that the scent lingered? Suddenly, I felt a pang of unease. Without thinking, I found myself embracing Master, burying my face in his chest.

"Master, are you okay? Did you get hurt?"

"No, I was used by Zeigt, but there was no actual swordfight."

"That's a relief."

As I looked up at Master's face, a mix of relief and a hint of loneliness washed over me. Perhaps it showed on my face because Master looked puzzled.

"You don't seem too happy about it?"

Master's expression clouded.

"No, it's not that. But, maybe a bit disappointed."

Master became expressionless. Oh no, it might sound like I'm disappointed that he's okay!

"Ah, no, it's not like that!"

"What's not like that?"

Blushing, I felt embarrassed but had to say it.

"Um, when you go out, I didn't do the, uh ... forehead charm like usual."

"Oh, you didn't."

Master's voice became sharp.

"I'm sorry I didn't do it. I felt embarrassed and couldn't do the charm. I'm sorry."

"What does it matter?"

"Well, even though you were safe without the charm, I felt a bit disappointed that my charm might not mean anything. But, I'm glad you're safe. I've been worried."

Master looked at me intensely. The severity in his face softened.

"Even so, you've been worrying about me all this time. It's like doing the charm. Well then, get ready. We're going back to the inn."

Master ruffled my head, reminiscent of how he treated Nix. I hurriedly prepared to leave.

Stella-sama was not around when we descended, so I couldn't bid her farewell.

"I'll make sure to say goodbye properly before leaving this town. I need to express my gratitude for taking care of you."

Master left a message with Alice, and we left the shop.

The cold wind hit us. I hadn't noticed in the warmth of the shop, but the temperature had suddenly dropped. Instinctively shivering, Master took off his cloak and draped it over my shoulders.

"I-I'm fine."

"You're trembling despite saying that."

"But, Master..."

"I'm fine. I'm wearing the undershirt you sewed for me. It's quite warm. You should get thicker clothes for winter."

Master's cloak was brand new, with no name sewn on it yet. I felt apologetic, but once I wrapped it around me, the cold became more bearable.

"I'm so sorry."

"Don't worry about it."

As we walked, I pondered whether to ask about Aisha. Was it worth asking? Glancing at Master walking beside me, it felt like something had changed. Though I couldn't help much, maybe I could listen. It might provide some relief.

"Um, can I ask something?"

"What is it?"

"The other day, after the meal, you abruptly left the restaurant. About that woman, she was beautiful, but what's the relationship between you two?"

"It's not your concern."

Master clenched his teeth, his jawline tense.

"I'm sorry. All I can do is listen, but maybe it'll distract you. I have worries about sister, too..."

Master turned to face me, his expression scarier than I'd ever seen.

"You probably already know, right? The rumors spread by the people in Norn."

"What are you talking about?"

"Do you really not know about Aisha?"

Master gave me a suspicious look.

"Yes, I haven't heard anything. Did you two lived in Norn?"

"Yeah, for a while. We lived together for a period."

"You rented her a room, right?"

"Huh?"

"No? You didn't rent her a room like Misha?"

Eh? But, why did she glare at me that time?

Master let out a sigh.

"But now, are you two not getting along? You seemed angry at her, but are you two fighting?"

"She spread rumors about me. That's why I was hated by the townsfolk until you came along with me."

I wonder if a girl like Lily, who was mean to me, would grow up to be like that woman if she wasn't warned? She was beautiful, but she was a bad person. I couldn't forgive her for speaking ill of Master. When I first met Master, he looked so scary because of the hardships he faced.

"That's terrible!"

I unintentionally raised my voice, and passersby stared at me.

"Saying bad things about someone like, Master, is absurd! Understood. If I see her next time, I'll give her a piece of my mind. I'll make her apologize to you! Just watch me!"

Master looked surprised at my loud outburst.