Chapter 30: A Hold Hand And A Broken Friendship


TL: Akabane


***


Sasaki rolls her eyes when she hears my outlandish suggestion.


"Well, ...... hands, do you want to hold hands?"


Sasaki said as she looked at my hand.


Well, that's a don't-draw if someone suddenly says something like that to you,.......


"Jeez, just kidding! I just wanted to make fun of you like you always make fun of me. ......"


I make a lazy excuse and try to put my hand back, but Sasaki grabs it.


"Makishima."


"What's wrong?"


"My hand is still ...... embarrassed, so no."


"No, so that was a joke earlier!"


"But if it's ...... your pinky, I'll forgive you."


"Pinky?"


Sasaki gently wrapped my trembling pinky finger in her left hand.


The warmth of Sasaki's palm on my pinky finger was ......


That's????


"Hey, what are you doing?"


"...... Ehehe."


"Why are you smiling?!"


"Nothing. I'll hold on to your little finger today so that you won't get lost."


Sasaki says this with satisfaction and pulls me along with a grin.


"Hey, let's get on with it."


Sasaki always goes at her own pace, her emotions are clear like a child's.


I felt like an idiot for trying to act like a couple and worrying so much about it.


If I think about dumping the couple or something else to get Mizuki's attention, I'll only annoy Sasaki.


...... Okay, I'll just go with my natural style.


***


[Mizuki's POV]


Saturday morning at 10:00 a.m., in front of the High-Tokyo University station.


I straddle the saddle of a bicycle in the station's bicycle parking lot and stare into the eyes.


"Makishima, there you are ......."


I was skeptical about whether he really had a girlfriend, and I thought we'd lost touch ...... but I didn't think he really had a girlfriend.


I was skeptical, but I'm glad I took the day off and came here.


I took out my notepad and pencil and followed them while keeping my distance.


It is not often that I get a chance to observe a couple on a date. If I had done so without permission, I would have been a suspicious person.


The two of them went to several cafes, went into a general store to look around for accessories, and picked out a catsuit.


Even in the cafes and on the road, those two never stopped talking.


They talk all the time and walk around at a very close distance. Also, what is that little finger they're holding on to?


There was a peculiar air between them that kept others at bay.


I wonder if they have been together for a long time. ......?


The girlfriend is very sweet, or rather, she is getting closer to Makijima without his noticing, and Makishima is responding to her in a very familiar way.


Why did Makishima come to the blind date when he has such a goofy girlfriend?


I'm curious about a lot of things ...... but I guess I'll have to ask him about that later.


I watch them shop from a cafe across the street from the store where they are shopping.


They seemed to have decided which catsuit to buy, and after buying it, Makishima came out of the store while putting it on her head.


Cute girlfriend.


Makishima said she wears a mask all the time because of hay fever or something, but I think she would look absolutely adorable without it.


I left the cafe just as they were walking out of the store.


I'm not sure what to expect, but she looks somewhat like her standing .......


Her hair is short and her height looks a little taller because of her thick soles, but she looks just as ...... much like that girl.


"No way ......."


There are rumors that she already flew overseas, and if she went overseas to chase a guy, there's no way she's coming back.


No way she's going to come back and .......


--- "--I don't want to. I don't want to be a traitor like Mizuki."


That voice ruminating in my brain.


I just found a way for the two of us to live together ...... but she didn't shake her head.


That's why she died.


Despite her absolute status and popularity, she lost everything and died because she was too absorbed in one man.


I who lived and she who died.


Which was the right answer ......?



PREV | NEXT