Chapter 29 Fake Couple Dates


TL: Akabane


***


"...... Call this number when you have a next date. Preferably this week. If you leave a voicemail, it would be helpful if you leave the date and location too."


"Yes ......."


I made a promise to provide the date and parted ways with Mizuki in front of the subway station that was nearby.


A date? ...... I don't even have a girlfriend!


"What am I supposed to do ......?"


I let out a big sigh and dropped my shoulders.


I'm sure if I lied like that, I would have been hit.


But what should I do?


Talk to Azaki and make a girlfriend right now?


Then, isn't I'll be the same scumbag as Azaki?


I don't want to end up like Azaki now that the city's toxicity has taken its toll on me.


I guess I'll just have to be honest and apologize.


But if I did that, I would definitely end up dating Mizuki.


"I guess I'll just have to get over it, won't I?"


I really didn't want to do this, but it looks like I have no choice but to use the deepest trick.


I took out my phone and opened the Lime chat.


I had no choice but to get someone else to play the role of girlfriend.


Someone I could trust the most.


There is only one person like that.


"Please help me ...... Sasaki."


***


[Sasaki's POV]


After getting out of the bath, I opened the window to lightly cool my flabby body.


The cool breeze coming in makes the butterflies that came into the room dance.


The butterfly that came in earlier doesn't seem to be leaving.


A small swallowtail butterfly.


Small and cute, but with very fine wings.


I sent him a picture of a butterfly with magnificent wings as a part of my daily life, but he didn't reply.


Next time I see him, I'll have to give him a warning as a big sister.


"Come on, butterfly, get out of here!"


The butterfly grabs onto the window crescent key and lets its wings drift in the wind.


The scene was elegant, and strangely enough, I could watch it for a long time.


A strong night breeze blew through, and the butterfly went out the window on it.


"Mr. Butterfly, don't ever come to such a small world again!"


As I looked away from the butterfly, I heard a ringtone from my phone.


This ringtone is from .......


I jump on the phone that was on my bed and answer the call.


"Makishima?"


||  "Sasaki? Do you have a minute?"


"What⁈ It's so rare to get a call from Makishima!"


||  "............"


"Makishima?"


||  "......Are you free this weekend?"


"Yeah, I don't have anything special to do. ......? Don't tell me you're asking me out on a date, Makishima?"


I thought I was making fun of him, but what came back was a serious answer.


||  "......Umm, do you want to go out with me?"


"What ......?! Was that really an invitation for a date?!"


||  "You don't?"


Well, Makishima was delirious......⁈


Hmmm, Makishima's kind of wanting to meet me...


"Okay."


||  "Good, let's do it on Saturday, okay?"


"Okay."


Makishima was so excited.


Is he a tsundere? He usually treats me like a child, but he's such a spoiled child.


I was smiling on the phone the whole time.


***


The day of the date.


I arrive at the station where we are supposed to meet, more nervous than at a soccer game.


Don't worry, Mizuki is just going to observe without getting in the way.


When I called Mizuki after the date was set, I told her about the day's proceedings, but she said she would watch from a distance because it would be pointless if she disturbed us, and I also made sure to remind her not to talk to me.


I also made sure not to talk to her. Besides, both Mizuki and Sasaki were wearing disguises, so if they ran into each other, they wouldn't notice each other.


I could just relax and go on a date with Sasaki.


"Here you go!"


I hear a voice behind me, tugging at my clothes.


"You called me in the middle of the night because you wanted to go on a date with me so badly, Makishima-kun."


Sasaki .......


The familiar scene of Sasaki making fun of me.


What a relief.


"What's wrong? Look at me."


"Nothing."


No, no, no. Sasaki is my girlfriend today. Mizuki is watching me somewhere, so we have to act like a couple.


"...... Sasaki."


"What?"


I'm too embarrassed to look away and hold out my right hand to Sasaki.


"Why don't we hold hands or something?"


"Ha......?"



PREV | NEXT