Chapter 28: Mizuki's True Feelings And A Prediction Of New Turbulence


TL: Akabane


***


I leave the restaurant with Mizuki.


It is completely dark outside, and I squint at the headlights of cars passing by on the main street.


Mizuki is dressed in a top that exposes her shoulders and a jacket with a raised feel.


The denim that accentuates the slenderness of her legs makes her slender body look even thinner.


Once again ...... is too much style.


She is cool with few words and has the exact opposite vibe of Sasaki, making me nervous to talk to her.


...... But it would be a waste of time if I just kept on walking around slack-jawed.


When we turned from the main street to a less crowded street, I opened my mouth.


"Mizuki, I have a question."


"My name is Tsukino."


"Shhh, a first name is a little ....... Can I call you Sato like before?"


"Sato is a pseudonym."


"Is it a fake name? Did you lying about your last name when you introduced yourself?


"Yes. ....... My real last name is Mizuki, which is Mizuki for "castle" and Mizuki for "water"."


"O-Oh."


Ah, so the "Mizuki" in her name came from the last name. ......


Isn't that kind of stage name usually taken from a first name, not a surname?


"Hey ...... what's wrong with your unflattering face from earlier? Could it be?"


Mizuki looks into my face from the left side.


"Do you want ...... my autograph?"


No, no, no, I don't think I do.


This girl has been too perceptive ever since I met her in the toilet.


"My autograph ...... If you don't mind with a pencil, I'll write it down."


"Yes, it's rude to say I don't want it, so can I have one?"


I took out the end of Azaki's note that was inside the jacket, shredded it and handed it to her, and Mizuki wrote her signature on it with a pencil she pulled out from somewhere.


"Yes, please don't resell it."


"No one would buy an autograph on a scrap of a note like this and thinking it's real."


"...... But this is real."


"Then, Mizuki, would you like to buy it?"


"No, I won't buy it. Would you go to a bank and ask them to buy your coin?"


"No, I wouldn't."


"That's what I mean."


I'm not sure what she meant by that, but she seems like a smart girl as we speak.


I was relieved to hear that she is not a child who only says "Pancakes!


I put the autograph in my wallet and returned to the conversation.


"Why did you come to the blind date, Mizuki?"


"......"


"A celebrity coming to a place like that is definitely an act of self-destruction."


"......"


I ask in rapid succession, and Mizuki suddenly turns her face toward me.


"......You are really strange."


Mizuki stops and looks at my face through her sunglasses.


"None of the people in the office or the program staff ...... could talk openly with me. Because I'm not a good talker, everyone runs away ...... after I say the minimum requirements. But you were very talkative even though we had never met before."


Mizuki took off her sunglasses and mask and gently grabbed me by the chest and brought her face close to mine.


"I'm just guessing, but do you ...... have any celebrities in your family?"


...... Of course there are not.


Born into a fruit farming family in Yamanashi, I am an ordinary person with no ties to the entertainment industry.


However, there are certainly former entertainers in my immediate area.


Is it because I'm too used to Sasaki ......?


Maybe I am so used to Sasaki that I spoke to Mizuki with the same feeling.


"Can't you answer?"


I can't tell if she's ...... perceptive or not.


I look away, thinking of Sasaki's face.


Then Mizuki finally let go of my chest.


"......If you're used to being a celebrity, this is a good opportunity for you. If it's a date and you can't talk normally with me, I'll be in trouble."


"So, a date?"


"You didn't forget to thank me, did you?"


By "thank you," do you mean that thing where you asked me to be your ...... boyfriend?


"You mean, you asked me to be your boyfriend because you wanted a date?"


"Yes. I want you to be my boyfriend for one day and go on a date with me. It's something I need to do to write a song, so I'd appreciate your help."


I see, Mizuki wanted a date to write a song as a singer-songwriter. I finally understand what she meant before when she said it was for the sake of the song.


That doesn't mean I think there's any need to come to this common people's party. ......


She's in a women's college, so she don't have a chance to meet anyone, huh?


"Okay, tomorrow at 10:00. In front of Hachiko."


"Wait! Don't go on by yourself! I never said anything about going!"


If I went on a date with Mizuki and got involved in a scandal, it would be really bad.


If I'm not good enough, I can kicked out from the soccer team and never goes pro .......


I can't stop sweating.


I'm going to have to find a way to say no.


"Do you have a girlfriend, by any chance?"


Girlfriend .......


That's it. Shouldn't it be better to deceive her by saying I have a girlfriend here?


"Yes, I have! I have a girlfriend!"


I had never told such a blatant lie in my life.


I don't feel guilty at all...


"......Oh."


Mizuki turned from her suspicious look to a softer one.


"Then I feel bad for that girl, and I'll pretend this conversation never happened."


It was helpful to have someone who knew what I was talking about.


Besides, dating that Mizuki would have been bad for Sasaki, and this was the right thing to do.


"Well ...... then, can I change my thanks?"


"Change it?"


"Can I observe you and your girlfriend's date for reference for the song?"


"Yes. ......"


"That would be my way of thanking you for saving my life."


I couldn't say no to her now that I had told her I had a girlfriend.



PREV | NEXT