Chapter 27: The Identity Of The Black-haired Girl


TL: Akabane


***


I was attacked by a cherry hunter in the men's toilet and was saved by the mysterious black-haired girl, Sato, who asked me to-- as a thank you.


"Be your boyfriend for ...... the song?"


I couldn't understand a single word of what she was asking me.


"Boyfriend? Me?"


"Yes."


"What do you mean, for the song?"


"It's ......."


Sato looked around and put her hand on her chin in thought.


"...... Hey, could this be the men's toilet?"


"You came in here without knowing⁈"


"Because ...... the boy who just went after you had a great look on his face ...... I was worried."


At first glance I thought she was a cool girl, but maybe she's a surprisingly kind ...... person?


Just as I thought so, Sato took my hand and started walking rapidly.


"Come here ......."


"Wait, wait a minute!"


Having been attacked by Cherry Hunter, I had become suspicious of women, and I let go of her hand just as we left the men's toilet.


Even though she helped me, there's no way I can trust her because she's wearing sunglasses and a mask the whole time and, most importantly, I can't see her true nature.


A poster on a bulletin board at the university alerted me to a cult group or a pyramid scheme or something ......?


Maybe the "boyfriend" she mentioned earlier is an allusion to something. (boyfriend = believer, or something like that).


"What's wrong ......? Did you forget something?"


"No, that's not what I meant!"


"Did you go to the bathroom yet?"


"No, I didn't!"


Sato tilted her head.


Is she blurting it out on purpose or is it ......?


"Sato-san, I seriously appreciate your help! But since this is the time, I'm going to tell you. ......"


"...... What?"


"I don't trust you, Sato-san."


"What?"


"You're wearing a mask and sunglasses even though we're indoors, and suddenly you're asking me to be your boyfriend and what's with the song?! I don't get it! Are you trying to solicit me for a religion or something? Or are you acting on your own to make me feel indebted to you, working with the woman I just met?"


"...... Hey, is this going to be a long story?"


"Don't you understand where you stand⁈ I'm doubting you right now, but ......"


While I was in the middle of talking, Sato, without saying a word, took off the hair elastic that was holding her hair together and threw the sunglasses that she had been wearing toward me.


My body reacted on its own and grabbed the sunglasses with both hands.


"What are you suddenly doing?"


I couldn't believe my eyes when I looked up from the sunglasses in my hand.


How is this possible?


I couldn't keep my mouth shut.


"I'm a singer-songwriter."


I was so surprised to see her with this green, straight, black hair and her eyes that attract others.


Just by unraveling her hair and removing her sunglasses, the person in front of me transforms into a different person.


"Mi-Mizuki......, is it?"


It's that MIZUKI who said she and Sasaki had a falling out. ...... Why is she here?


"Do you know me?"


"I heard you ...... at the halftime show the other night, but that's not important right now!"


I give my sunglasses back to Mizuki and check my surroundings.


Fortunately, the toilet was in front of a secluded corner of the store, so no one saw us, but it was probably only a matter of time before someone came by.


"Please put on your sunglasses before someone sees you!"


That was a bad idea.


Like Sasaki, do I have a phase where I have fateful encounters with famous people?


Unlike Sasaki, Mizuki in front of me is an active celebrity.


It would be a scandal if it was discovered that the two of us were together in a place like this.


"Mizuki. Let's talk about it after we change the place. Understood?"


"......"


Mizuki put on her sunglasses and looked at me in a daze.


"What's wrong?"


"...... You're so familiar with me. Normally people who know me would be more surprised. Are you actually a celebrity or something?"


"I'm just a regular college boy. ......"


"Really?"


I chatted with Azaki on lime, [I've got something to do] and left the store with Mizuki.


I got a read on my earlier chat and Azaki replied, [Put on a rubber and go to bed lol].



PREV | NEXT