Chapter 3: Public


TL: Scaramochi


***


"Hah ......"


"What's up? You look kind of tired, don't you?"


As I let out a sigh in the classroom, my friend called out to me.  I looked at his no-nonsense face and sighed again.


"What, did you have a bad day?"


"No, it's more like a good thing,......."


It should be a crazy joyous thing, but I can't honestly rejoice.  I can't be honestly happy about it, even though I'm supposed to be very happy about it.


Maybe this is what I mean by 'high risk, high return.'


"Hmm, well, if you have any problems, talk to me, okay?  I'm on your side."


"......,thanks."


What a nice guy.  I was a little bit moved.


As I was thanking my friend for patting me on the shoulder, I suddenly felt a buzz around me.


'What's going on?'


I thought so and turned my gaze to see Minagi.


"--?!"


She seemed to have spotted me, who had jumped up and down in surprise.  She walked up to me. 


My friend beside me looked a little happy, but he seemed to notice that her gaze was on me and tilted his head slightly.


In the meantime, she came up to me and called out.


"Atsumori-kun."


"What is it?  Minagi-san."


"Minagi, san?"


"Oh, no, Reina!"


Reina!


The moment I called out her name, my friend's eyes peeled back.  No, it wasn't just him, but all of my classmates were surprised.


She doesn't seem to care about that, and tells me.


"I want you to hug me."


"What?"


"You know what I mean, don't you?"


No, I don't.  I have no idea why she said that in the classroom and in front of everyone.


I looked around with trepidation, and saw that everyone was looking at me with a kind of murderous intent.  Perhaps they heard Kainagi's words.  It's so silent.


"Come on, hurry up. Recess time is over."


She opens her hands as if she's rushing me.  I'm really going to make her do this.


Sweat like a waterfall started to pour down my face.  My heart is beating loudly with nervousness.  But if I don't do it, I'm sure she'll.......her heart would cool down and she'd be like.


"......I guess that's the extent of it after all."


Minagi lets out one sigh and starts to reach into her skirt pocket.  I've already confirmed before that there's a phone there.


I stood up with great vigor, knowing what was going to happen next.  I couldn't pretend to be anything else.


"I'm sorry for making you wait, Reina~!"


I hugged her in a fluid motion, though my tone was a bit annoying.


At that moment, I could tell that the people around me gasped or became more eager to kill me.  This is taking me to the back of the school building........


I was already feeling like crying, Minagi whispered to me, not knowing that I already wanted to cry.


"I don't really care.  I'm being hugged by Nukumori-kun like this."


"I see, haha ......"


"It's so warm.  Is it because you're passionately seeking me in front of everyone?"


You were in the mood to do it, weren't you?  You were urging me to do it!


As I hugged her, I was getting frustrated, and then the voice continued.


"Besides, if you do this, you won't attract any unwanted insects, will you?"


"Heh?"


"You're dating me, so I'm sure you won't mess with other women."


"What?"


"If you cheat on me or something, I'll kill you......."


Which one of us are you talking about--!


I was stunned, but Minagi kissed me on the cheek and moved away.  Her slightly embarrassed face is so beautiful that I can't help but admire it.


Minagi left for her own class, oblivious to the murmurings around her.


"......Warm forest."


My friend tapped me on the shoulder as I was pouting.  The pain was several times heavier than when I had been hit earlier.  It's just a bit more forceful.


"You are my enemy from just now."


"You said you were on my side!"


"Shut up!"


On that day, I lost everything.  The gray days opened up and I might as well go to.......



PREV | NEXT