After Story: Ice Cream Cravings


TL: Akabane


***


[Kouhei's POV]


I heard the sound of May's footsteps.


At the time after school, I went to Yuzuhana's house and played games.


"Yahoo!  Winning in a row!"


The character I was controlling was thrown out of the circle, and Yuzuhana made a victory gesture and looked very happy.  She seemed to be in a good mood today, and her combat record was slightly better than mine.


Until the day when she scolded me, I was still very domineering ...... because of the frustration after losing to me, she might have been secretly doing special training every day.  What a child who hates losing.


It was great fun to compete with strength, but my pride wouldn't allow me to lose again.


I gripped the controller tightly, trying my hardest not to lose the third game in a row when Yuzuhana got up from the sofa.


"Going to the restroom?"


"Ugh.  I'm hungry, so I'm going to take a break.  You're hungry too, right?"


"I'm still full, let's do two more games."


My record today is 6 wins 7 losses.  If I can win 2 in a row, I can rest in a good mood.


"I don't want to. I want to rest."


"W-Wait!  One more time, please!  At least after I win!"


"Nah."


"No, wait! ......Ah so, are you scared?"


"Why would I scared?  After all, I already beat you.  Ah~ I can finally rest comfortably~"


While smiling as if she had just won a victory, she went towards the refrigerator.  Opening the fridge, she browsed through the inside, then returned empty-handed.


"Hey, how much do you like ice cream?"


"Why ask that all of a sudden?"


"Just answer it."


"How much, huh? Well... I think it's mediocre ...... I lose to you if I have to be compared."


Yuzuhana was dumbfounded.


"What do you mean?"


"Well, during the summer vacation of the third year of college, Yuzuhana said that you wanted to milk so you took me to the farm, right?  Although there's actually a farm close by, but you deliberately went to the one far away."


"Ah~ how nostalgic.  Kouhei was laughing hysterically while milking that time."


"D-Don't say it like I'm a pervert!  I'm just happy that the milk came out a lot!  Especially since you can't get a single drop of milk out!"


"What?!  You want to make fun of me while talking about the farm, huh?!"


I shook my head because that wasn't what I meant.


"Well, I don't really want to milk, I just want to eat ice cream at the farm."


"What kind of excuse is that?!"


"As soon as I arrived at the farm, I rushed straight to the ice cream shop and didn't focus on the milking."


"I-Isn't that because the weather was so hot?"


"Even though it was summer, the weather was already cool.  Plus, if you say the keyword "Watch The Show" to the ice cream vendor, I'll get 1 free ice cream."


If you don't watch the show, you won't be able to say those keywords.  She also probably thought that it would be too much if she made me drive 200km just because she wanted to eat ice cream, so that's why she used the excuse of wanting to milk.


Inevitably, Yuzuhana made an apologetic expression.


"W-Well, it's because ..... it's hard for me to say "I want to eat more ice cream, so take me there" and force you to drive a long distance for it."


"I'm not angry. After all, it was quite fun there.  Although I think you're overdoing it.  You even spent 10,000 yen just to buy ice cream, which you ended up not putting all of it in the freezer.  As a result, I had to rush to finish it."


"Sorry for being a brat who bought too much out of excitement! But wait, didn't you also buy a huge amount of balloons when we stopped at the hot spring on the way back?!"


"It was because you looked so ravenous while eating, so I thought it would make you happy too!"


"That time I spent another 10,000 yen to buy you ice cream too, didn't I?!  So don't get mad!"


"Who's mad?!  The ice cream was great anyway!"


"If you're not angry, then don't bring up the past!"


"So why are you suddenly bringing up the ice cream?!"


"It's because I wanted to get you interested in ice cream!"


"What?!"


"Because I wanted to eat ice cream, so I was thinking of buying it!"


"Alright!  What's so hard about buying it?"


"I only have one.  If I eat alone, won't you want to eat it too?"


"It's true that it would make me drool .... but, isn't ice cream hard to split in half?"


"It's hanami daifuku."

[TL: Mochi ice cream.]


"Hanami daifuku is the one with two bars, right?  Just split one nest."


"That should be the case.  But it seems that at some point, I've already eaten it, so there's only one left."


"......Ah~"


"......What's wrong with that face of yours?"


"There's nothing."


"It can't be 'nothing'!  I won't get mad, so please answer me honestly."


"No, it's not.  It just sounds like a sign that you're going to get mad."


"Didn't I tell you that I won't get mad?!"


"But you're mad right now!"


"You got caught and won't admit your mistake, right?!  Let's be honest, you stole it, right?!"


"See?  You're mad!"


"It's because you did something that made me angry! Why did you eat it yourself?!"


"It's because you told me to eat whatever I want!"


"When?!"


"Three days ago!  When you told me to take a shower and rest or something!  I was going home for dinner, but you told me to eat whatever I wanted in the fridge!"


"Is that why you ate my ice cream?!  There's half of it left!  I thought I was the one eating it!"


"Well then, you just eat the rest yourself!  And we're even!"


"Doesn't that make it look like I did something bad?!  Especially since we promised that if you go shopping, I'll cook the rice!  We'll play games until late at night, right?!"


"Then... let's eat out!"


"What?!  Don't you want to eat the rice I cook?!"


"I want to eat the rice you cooked!  Moreover, the sandwich you made for me at the zoo was really good!"


"So, why did you say you wanted to eat out?!"


"I meant to eat ice cream.  There's good ice cream on the shopping street."


"Ice cream cone, well ...... ah, right.  I don't think I'll be able to eat it anymore since the shop has moved."


By the way, the store was going to move about half a year later.  It was such a good store that I always went there once every two weeks, so I still remember how disappointed I was back then.


"I would... but what about the game?"


"The game can be put off for later.   Chatting with Yuzuhana made me want to eat ice cream.  Well, for now, please enjoy the remains of your victory."


"Not only will I enjoy my victory this time, but I will dominate it until Kouhei can't be saved anymore~"


And then, after we agreed to a rematch, we turned off the power of the game console and headed to the shopping street.


***


TL: The story of volume 1 end here ~



PREV | NEXT