Chapter 8

[Akane's POV]


"I love you, Toma."

I said that and hugging Toma tightly.

Toma undressed me, leaving me in my underwear. Then he kissed me.

After a while, we became intimate, expressing our love for each other.

I'm a terrible person.

I'm trash.

I berate myself.

After all, I have a boyfriend, and I'm involved with another man, who happens to be my boyfriend's best friend.

To put it plainly, I like Toma more.

Actually, Renya and I are just friends with benefits. It's different from a real relationship. We care for each other, but it's not a committed relationship.

"I'm the worst, aren't I?"

After that act, Renya and I lay naked and sweaty on the bed.

"It's not a big deal, is it?"

"I'm being unfair to Toma, aren't I?"

"If you think that, should we end this relationship?"

"No, I don't want to end this." I said, hugging Renya.

"If it makes you happy, it's okay, right? It's true I like Akane, not in a romantic sense, but for some reason, I like you."

"I feel the same way..."

"We're not causing trouble for Toma. We only have a physical relationship, right?"

I know this is wrong.

But I can't stop.

Once you've experienced the illicit thrill of an affair, it's hard to quit.

I'm going crazy.

I love it so much that it hurts.

"Yeah, you're right."

So, I cheat on Toma.

Someday, I'm sure I'll get caught.

When that happens, what should I do?

Oh well.

I'll figure it out somehow.

***

[Toma's POV]

A week has passed since then.

I'm still suffering from insomnia, but I've gotten used to this state.

Since that day, I haven't seen Asuka.

And I go home with Akane every day, so there's no chance for an affair.

Maybe it was all just a dream.

I even considered that.

Today, once again, Renya and I go to school together and go home with Akane.

Day by day, it's becoming increasingly absurd.

If someone cheats, it's their fault.

Is that really true?

In the rain, Akane and I share a single folding umbrella and head towards my house.

The rain came out of nowhere.

Thanks to the folding umbrella that I usually leave in the shoe cabinet, we can make it home like this.

"Hey, Akane. Tell me what's wrong with me."

What could possibly be wrong with me?

What made Akane start cheating on me?

"There's nothing wrong with you. You're perfect, aren't you?"

Then why cheat?

Sexual desire is a powerful thing.

Even if you hate someone to the point of wanting to kill them, you can still get an erection when the mood strikes.

Now, can I kill her?

She's naked.

And she's a girl.

"It hurts, it hurts, it hurts, it hurts, it hurts, it hurts, it hurts, it hurts, it hurts, it hurts, it hurts, it hurts, it hurts, it hurts, it hurts, it hurts, it hurts, it hurts, it hurts, it hurts, it hurts, it hurts, it hurts, it hurts, it hurts, it hurts, it hurts, it hurts, it hurts, it hurts, it hurts, it hurts."

I repeated that over and over as Akane cried out.

I treated her roughly, not thinking about anything else.

"T... Toma... Stop... Gah."

I choked Akane with both hands.

As I watched her struggle and gasp for breath, I felt satisfied.

After our act, Akane lay limp on the ground.

"I'm sorry, Akane."

"Die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die."

Akane kept repeating that while crying.

It's enjoyable, but it's also painful.

Was it because I was one step away from killing her?

No, it's different.

This feeling... I still love Akane.

After changing into my uniform.

"I'll be going out for a bit. You can leave whenever you want..."