Chapter 7

I knock Asuka down.

"Eek!"

Asuka falls on her butt.

It's clear that she has no idea what she's saying.

She gets up.

"What's wrong with you?"

"Asuka-san, you're insane."

I look down at Asuka.

She gets up, rubbing her butt.

"Is it normal to push a girl like that?"

"You're not a girl."

I know how terrible what I'm saying is, but I don't care.

"Hmm, then what am I? I feel like it's your fault that she got stolen from you."

"Why ... am I at fault? It's Akane ... Akane is at fault..."

I haven't done anything wrong. They are the ones who are wrong.

"It's you, it's all your fault. Hey, why won't you have sex with me?"

"I only do that with someone I love."

"You're so sincere. Well, I'm going."

With a slight smile, Asuka starts walking.

"The key is left unlocked, so it's okay..."

I felt like her enthusiasm had decreased a bit.

But now I can finally rest. I should sleep.

"Goodbye, loser."

Saying that, Asuka left the rooftop.

I can't understand at all what she's thinking. I've learned that you can't judge people solely by their appearance.

"...Let's sleep for now."

***

I woke up before the fifth period ended.

"Touma, let's go home!"

Akane came to the classroom with her school bag, smiling.

My condition has improved quite a bit with just a short rest, but I still don't feel like sleeping today.

Today, I'm meeting Akane for the first time. Maybe that's why my heart is beating a little faster.

"Sure, let's go!"

I wonder what kind of feelings Renya had yesterday when they were together.

What do you think of me?

There are so many things I want to ask. But the one thing I want to know the most is ... why are you cheating on me?

Am I the one at fault? The words Asuka said bother me.

No, no, no. I'm definitely the victim here.

"You two are so hot!"

And there, Renya showed up.

"Don't tease us!"

Akane pouted, cheeks bulging.

It's our usual banter. But I can't perceive it as our usual banter from my current perspective.

"Sorry, sorry. I hope you two will be happy together."

Leaving those words behind, Renya left the classroom.

Who does he think he is?

I'll make this end soon.

"Sorry, Renya is always like this..."

I continue to play the usual "me." If I change my attitude even slightly, I might arouse suspicion.

"No worries." Akane responds.

We leave the classroom and head to the shoe lockers.

"You've seemed a bit unwell lately. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, maybe it's just a cold."

Then, Akane hugs me.

"I'll share some of my energy with you."

She says something like that.

To be honest, I felt nauseated.

Goosebumps covered my entire body.

Normally, those words should have made me happy.

But I'm not the same person I used to be.

I've changed because of them.

"Do you like me, Akane?"

"I say it all the time! I love you!"

Liar.

Then why are you cheating with Renya? If you love me, give your all to the one you love.

I want to kill them right now. I want to strangle them.

Am I weak because I can't do it?

Someone, please tell me, am I a coward?!

"I love you too, Akane."

Akane smiled happily and said, "Let's get married in the future."

Huh, what's going on?

Why do you look so happy? It's as if you actually like me.

Don't you hate me?