Chapter 5

What is she talking about?

She's insane.

"You know, I always lie down here and sunbathe in the morning and after school."

I silently watch her.

"So, I was really surprised yesterday. I stumbled upon a sex scene. Moreover, it's an affair! She was doing it with a guy who's not her boyfriend!"

Kyogoku frolics merrily.

What is wrong with this person?

"Kyogoku-san, you're crazy."

"I know. I'm a bit strange."

Kyogoku gets closer to me.

An overwhelming sweet scent wafts over me.

Then, Kyogoku places her hands on both my cheeks.

Her fingers are warm and gentle.

"Wait. So you mean they always have sex here in the morning and after school?"

I have a sudden doubt and immediately ask Kyogoku.

She's always here in the morning and after school.

So why is she talking as if she saw them doing it for the first time yesterday?

"No, it was the first time yesterday."

In other words...

Maybe there won't be another chance to do it here.

"Kyogoku-san..."

"Hm?"

Kyogoku's eyes are very large, and there's a mysterious force that seems to draw me in.

My heart suddenly beats louder for a moment.

"Could you share that video with me...?"

There's evidence right in front of me.

I could spread it right now, the video of Akane and Renya.

Then, Kyogoku releases her hands from me and gently embraces me.

"That's not allowed. If you do that, you'll expose it, right, Fujimura-kun?"

She seems to know exactly what I'm trying to do.

"Of course, I'm hurt ... I want to kill them."

Kyogoku rubs my back gently.

"Well, why don't you just kill them? Use a knife or something."

That's true.

Without spreading the video, I could kill them with a knife in an instant.

So why am I not doing it?

"I know ... there's a reason you can't do that. You're scared to kill them with your own hands. Hey, hug me."

With tears in my eyes, I embrace Kyogoku.

What's happening?

I don't know.

But I hug her as she requested.

"I want to understand love. I wonder if sex is love. What is love, and what form does it take?"

"Love doesn't have a form."

"That's your opinion, but I can't understand it. Why do people have sex with others when they have someone they love? I think it's because there's no love in sex."

It's like a stab to my heart.

I release her from my hug.

"I'm sorry, I went too far."

Seeing my reaction, Kyogoku quickly apologizes.

I see.

There's no love in sex.

I thought I was the only one filled with love.

For me, sex was the way to convey love.

But it wasn't the case.

Kyogoku also releases me and steps back.

"What are you going to do now, Fujimura-kun?"

"I'm going to get revenge on both of them ... with that video..."

I take a look at Kyogoku's smartphone.

"Well, that's impossible. To me, your current relationship is just interesting."

"I see..."

My attempt to lift my mood only made it worse.

I turn my back to Kyogoku and descend the ladder.

"Where are you going?"

"I won't talk to Kyogoku-san anymore..."

It's my fault that I briefly relied on someone.

I guess I have to figure things out on my own.

I look up at the sky.

It's entirely blue and dazzling.

"I'm always here in the morning and after school, except on rainy days, so come here anytime."

I probably won't come here ever again.

I close the door and leave the rooftop.