Chapter 1

[Mia's POV]


"Here you go!"

After parting with Akito, I stepped to the school gate.

There was a boy waiting for me there.

"I'm not waiting for you, so, how did it go?"

His gentle voice caressed my ear.

He has center parted black hair, a small face, all parts in place, and stands 180cm tall. In addition, he is an ace on the soccer club and can play sports.

He is called the most handsome guy in the school and is often seen get confessed.

He is not like Akito.

Besides, he holds hands and gives hugs, unlike Akito.

Akito didn't even hold my hand even though we had been together for about three years.

Maybe Akito didn't like me from the beginning.

He was just playing around with me.

I was happy when he confessed his feelings for me.

I had always liked him.

But now I don't like him.

Now I like him, Kaito.

We became friends this year when we were in the same class, and it started when I talked to him about Akito.

We had fun going out together as a distraction. Then I gradually became attracted to him.

I love him so much that I can't help it.

"We broke up properly."

I report to Kaito.

Kaito's face gradually turns into a smile.

"Now we can go out properly, Mia."

"Yes!"

Kaito's smile makes my cheeks break into tears.

Kaito and I then headed home, hand in hand.

***

"Thanks for the ride home, Kaito."

"Mia is my girlfriend, so it's only natural, right?"

He tell me like it's nothing. He's so sweet.

Besides, he makes proper conversation.

Akito is always silent, even though we go to and from school together. He was very curt even when I tried to talk to him.

I knew it was a good thing I broke up with Akito.

"Thank you, I love you!"

I give Kaito a hug before entering the house."

"I love you too, Mia. I'll see you later."

Oh, just the fact that Kaito says he loves me fills my heart.

"Yeah! See you later!"

Lately, calling him at night has become a routine.

I'm happy every day to hear Kaito's kind voice.

I saw Kaito's smile and entered the house.

***

"Kuhahaha, I knew it I'm a bit of a sucker!"

A deserted back road.

A man's voice echoes.

"She's not really my type, but she has a good body. I'll just go for it, and after I get two more girl, I'll hold them and throw her away!"

His voice was very ugly and horrifying.

And Kaito's face was twisted into a hideous expression.

"This world is great, isn't it?"