Chapter 2

"Good Morning."

The next day after I left Mia.

As I was walking to school, I saw my best friend Haruto walking alone in front of me, so I called out to him.

"Huh? It's so unusual to see you going to school alone."

He is a 185cm tall handsome guy with black mashed hair. He is a member of the basketball club and popular. He is so popular, but he still loses to the main character.

The protagonist is bizarrely popular. Is this the protagonist's priviledge?

Haruto and I have been best friends since the first year of junior high school.

"Well, yeah. I'm on my own from now on."

"Oh? You finally broke up with her?"

Haruto says with a grin of amusement.

"What do you mean finally? Well, you're right."

"What the.....?"

Haruto stops and reveals an idiotic expression.

"Hey, what are you doing? Let's go!"

I'm annoyed that he's so handsome despite his stupid face.

"Oh, no, no, no, wait a minute! What do you mean you guys broke up?!"

Haruto comes pestering me.

"Well, she said we broke up yesterday."

"You were dumped?"

"Yeah."

I nodded.

"Ah, I knew it."

Haruto is convinced on his own.

"Hey, what do you mean you knew it?"

Isn't that a little rude?

"You know, Saeki next to you, she always had that worried look on her face."

"You're lying. She always had a smile on her face."

Mia is the kind of girl who always smiles and makes everyone around smiling too.

That's the kind of heroine that developer setting her up to be.

"But it's not towards you, you know."

"Huh?"

I don't get it. What are you talking about, like you know something? Nobody knows more about Mia than I do.

"Well, if you don't know, that's fine."

For some reason, Haruto ends the conversation in a throwaway way.

"You should have attacked her a little more. You're so shy in weird places."

Haruto sighs in disgust.

"......Well, I didn't want to get dirty."

Well, I will be cuckolded after all.

I won't be able to face Mia unless I erase that from my memory.

Because I will be betrayed in the process. In fact, I was rejected yesterday.

Well, it's not that I don't like Mia.

So that when Mia goes out with Kaito, Mia can go out with him without any drawback.

"An then, Mia won't feel guilty if she goes out with someone other than me."

Haruto shushes.

......Huh? Did it get a little darker?

"......You were thinking in your own way. But, you know, why are you assuming you're breaking up?"

"......Ah, well, it's obviously not balanced, right? She's the most beautiful girl in the class, remember?"

I can't say it's set up that way.

I laughed and faked it.

"Hmm?"

I felt someone behind me.

But when I turned around, no one was there.

Was it my imagination?