Chapter 40: Misha's Circumstances


TL: Scaramochi


***


Misha's situation was a conventional one if you ask me.


When Misha married Tomas, her parents were vehemently opposed.


She had been a waiter at a tavern when Misha first saw him and get proposed, but her parents were not happy about the fact that he had such an unscrupulous job. For a country farmer, it was no wonder they had such values.


At that time, Tomas' will was firm and he reluctantly accepted, but what was left after his lovely son had said goodbye to this world was his hateful wife and his forgotten son.


Her in-laws blamed her for the death of her husband and told her to go back to her parents' house but leave the child behind.


With Tuck around, she couldn't even go out to serve at the tavern at night as she had done in the past.


She knew that if she left him with her in-laws, she would never be able to see him again.


Then she was asked if dhe would be interested in serving as an assistant to the only son of the village chief of the neighboring village.


He was in his mid-40s, but he said she could bring Tuck with her.


"Hey, I hate to say it, but I don't think it's such a bad deal."


"Hey, Harris."


"I'm sorry to hear that, but I'm telling you there are plenty of stories like that out there."


"......Yes. If that's all there is to it, then sure......."


"What? Is there some circumstance you're not telling us about?"


"Yes. The problem is his father's ....... there were rumors about his ex-wife who ran away from that son in the next village ....... you know, that's......"


Then I remembered. I once heard a story about an idiot village chief who got his hands on his good old, dawdling, idiot son and his wife.


If you looked at Gina, she had a sour look on her face, and Misha had a bright red face and was slumped over.


The way she squirms is indescribably sexy.


He's got good taste.


I wonder what he was going to do with this beautiful woman who looks like she's a bit of a lightweight.


Gina spat.


"Scum."


"The person who came between us said that since I get to live with my kids, I have to put up with that much, as if I were being selfish. I couldn't even get enough to eat, and I was so cornered that I impulsively tried to go after that person......."


"That's a stupid idea."


"Harris!"


"Don't yell at me. Because, you know. Try getting caught in a dungeon with a bunch of goblins. That's when you'll be better off dead, right?"


"Yes, but there's a way to say it."


"It doesn't matter how you put it, it's all the same."


Gina fell silent at my words.


"Well. No matter. I'm sure God still wants you to live when you meet us. You've got to stop being stupid enough to die now."


Misha looked down.


When I looked up, she had a serious expression on her face.


"I know I did something stupid in a momentary lapse of fancy. But how can a woman with no redeeming qualities live with a child?"


I don't know if I'm the right person to ask such a question.


"Well, it must be quite difficult."


Misha's eyes take on a suspicious power.


"Harris. Do you want to take care of us, parents and children?  You've taken great pains to save our lives, but if things continue as they are tonight, we won't be able to survive."


"I have no reason to do that."


"I know that, but I don't have anyone else to rely on anymore."


"You don't?"


I sigh.


"How can you be so sure? How can you decide so easily on the first day you meet someone? See, even Gina has this look on her face."


Misha makes a "Oh?" face.


"Speaking of which, what is the relationship between you two?"


"I'm just the landlord."


"I'm just renting a room."


The voices spoke up at the same time.


Misha is a little surprised by the reaction.


"I'm tired today. You too can take a hot bath and go to bed. Oh, don't look at me like that. I swear to God I won't do anything. I'm too tired for that."


Just then, Tuck comes running in, completely naked and bare-chested.


Tiana was chasing after him from behind, holding a towel.


"Hey! Wait! If you don't wipe quickly, you'll get cold and get sick!"


Misha gets up and the two of them grab Tuck.


After that, I pick up Tuck, who has stopped moving like a golem that has run out of magic, and carry him to my bedroom.


It just happened the way it did.


Tonight, I'll give up the bed and sleep on the couch.


Gina had been freed from the sofa life since Comba had made her a bed in exchange for money to prepare for his apprenticeship.


I sent Misha into the bedroom after wiping myself clean, and enjoyed a drink while lying on the sofa near the fireplace.


Gina asks as she dries her hair.


"Tiana. Do you want to sleep in my bed with me today?"


"Thank you, Sister. But I'll be fine."


Gina shrugged and disappeared into her room.


I call out to Tiana, who is about to go to the kitchen, holding the box with the earrings in it with great care.


"You're going to sleep on a straw mattress, aren't you?"


"Yes, Master."


"It's cold in the kitchen. That's will makes you sick."


What should I do then?


Tiana's face lights up.


She comes over and takes the empty glass out of my hand and puts it on the side table with the box.


Tiana picks up the cloak she had thrown on the floor and quickly slips between me and the back of the sofa.


She pulls the cloak over both of us and puts her hands around my body.


"Master's body is warm."


She says as she snuggles into my body, which is hot from the alcohol.


"It's like the day I met Master for the first time."


Soon Tiana begins to sleep peacefully, but I, who should be tired from the dungeon, have a hard time falling asleep.



PREV | NEXT