Chapter 19: Sweat-Soaked Blouse


TL: Akabane


***


With the student council election coming up, we spent the entire first period today listening to the speeches of the candidates for the election. We, the general students, were gathered in the schoolyard and listened to each candidate's speech for about 10 minutes.


"My name is Suzune Minazuki, and I will be participating in the student council president election. I look forward to working with you......."


""""Uwoooooohh!!!""""


"Good morning everyone. My name is Tsukina Aoyama, and I am running for student council president."


""""Uwoooooohh!!!""""


"I am Yuji Tamura, and I will be participating in the student council election."


""Uwo!""


Well, the reality is merciless.......


The student council election this year is turning into a kind of popularity contest, especially in our school where there are more boys than girls. The popularity is completely split between Suzune and Aoyama, and the two received an overwhelming number of votes in a mock vote held a few days ago for some of the students.


Tamura-kun ...... I feel sorry for you.......


***


So after the election speech, which only reaffirmed Suzune & Aoyama's popularity, I decided to go home early to work on my novel submission again today after school. Yesterday, I had to write until late at night because I played perverted games with the Minazuki family's fun-loving friends, but if I had to do this every day, I wouldn't have the energy to keep up. I hope to finish early today so that I can get some sleep.


As I left the classroom and walked down the hallway toward the school gate, I suddenly noticed a female student walking ahead of me.


She seemed to be unsteady on her feet, walking with staggered steps like a drunken person, occasionally putting her hands on the wall to catch her breath.


I became concerned about her and said, "Hey, are you okay?" I ran over to her and noticed that she was a student I recognized.


"Ah, Mamoru ...... what's wrong?"


Aoyama smiled a little painfully as she noticed my presence. Her face was kind of red.


"No, that's my line. Are you okay?"


She didn't look okay as I looked at her. She was looking up at me with her mellow eyes, breathing roughly, "Haa...... haa......."


"Um, yeah ...... I think I caught a bit of a cold ...... but it's nothing serious."


"You don't look like it, that's why I'm calling out to you. ......I mean, aren't you supposed to be working part-time from now on?"


"Yeah ...... I am, but....."


"No. You can't get a part time job with a body like that."


She looks like she's going to collapse at any moment. She doesn't look like she can work. But even so, she still forced a smile on her face and shook her head.


"If I take a day off, I'll have a hole in my shift. ......Besides, the cats are waiting for me......."


"Don't do that."


"Thanks for worrying about me ...... but I'm used to it, I'll be fine."


Aoyama said and turned to walk out again, but......


"Hawawa......"


She screamed stupidly and fell toward me with a tangle of her legs, and I hurriedly held her body.


Something soft and big was pressed against my chest. She seems to have lost all strength from her body when she fell down, and she rests her chin on my shoulder as she leans her weight on me and breathes roughly into my ear, repeating, "Haa...... haa......."


Aoyama's body is generally soft.......


"I'm sorry......"


And my body is also hot, probably from her fever.


"Let's go to the infirmary for now."


"But, but......"


"But what? Let's just go."


With that said, I lent her shoulder and half-heartedly decided to head to the infirmary.


It should have taken us about two minutes to get to the infirmary, but the infirmary teacher seemed to be absent and the place was deserted. I carried her to the bed and she managed to sit down on the bed by herself. But then she looked a little flustered and her eyes widened.


"What's wrong?"


"I think I dropped my contact......."


With these words, she unzipped her bag with a dazed hand and took out a case of glasses from inside. When she put on her glasses, the girl with the bottle-bottom glasses I knew so well appeared.


"It's kind of nostalgic......."


"Um, don't look at me too much, it's embarrassing......"


Despite my nostalgia, she seems embarrassed to be seen in glasses and turns away from me.


But I am still more familiar with her in glasses. She's cute in her glasses, but she told me not to look at her, so I decided to sit down next to her.


"Your novel ...... is very popular. ......"


And there Aoyama mentioned the novel.


"No, if it's popular, you're more popular."


"Just for now ...... because I'm trying so hard not to be overtaken by Mamoru......"


"So you got to post two chapters too?"


"Because if I don't, I won't be able to beat Mamoru......."


"Even if that's the case, you're whipping yourself pretty hard, aren't you? There were a lot of typos, which is unusual for Aoyama."


I'm sure she's pushing herself too hard. I can't speak for others because I'm submitting two chapters myself, but she also has a part-time job and campaigning. On top of that, I'm sure she keeps writing late into the night. At least as far as I know, she is not a very fast writer. She writes more carefully than I do, and has made very few typos and omissions so far. But in her latest chapter, there were three typos just by the time I found it. She must have written and submitted it in a hurry.


"Well, for now, please go to sleep......"


She gave a small nod when I said that. Then she fell backwards as it were. She apparently had her blazer in the way, and she touched the buttons with her still dazed hands, but her hands didn't seem to be strong enough to undo the buttons properly.


"Sorry, Mamoru, but ...... please help me......."


"No, you can at least undo the button yourself."


"No, I can't. I can't get my hands ...... to do it."


Aoyama smiles wryly.


Apparently I had to do it. I kneeled on the bed, straddling her, and gently withdrew her hand from touching the button.


She threw her hands up on the bed as if to rest herself against me. I am thrilled to see her like that, but I hurriedly shake off my evil thoughts again.


Ryutaro. You are dealing with a girl who is suffering from a cold, right? Don't have evil feelings for such a girl, okay?


I know. It's not right for a human being to have feelings for a girl who is fighting a cold with her face bright red and breathing hard. That's why I took off her blazer just to take care of her.


Oh, yes, let's picture the Buddha image in my minds.......


I unbutton her blazer with the image of the divine Buddha in my head. I was so excited when I opened her blazer from side to side.


Her blouse was soaked with her sweat. In fact, her sweat-soaked blouse was soaked through, revealing the pure white fabric covering her two soft things.......


"I'm glad I wore white today......"


Aoyama's comment is an added bonus.


Eh? Does that mean there are other days than white? What color? Red? Or is it black?


Noooooo!


I can't go on, I'm having a lot of troubles! ......Troubles are spewing out of my brain! I hurriedly pictured the divine Buddha in my mind again, and then I realized. I was so excited that I couldn't stop thinking about it.


"Mamoru ...... your eyes are a little weird......."


I hurriedly averted my gaze from her chest as Aoyama said this to me. Seeing me like that, Aoyama muttered, "I think I know how Mamoru gets the stories for his novels......."


"And anyway, do you want me to take your temperature? Where's the thermometer?"


I looked around deceptively and she pointed to a shelf by the bed.


"It's in the third drawer from the top......"


"You know a lot."


"I was on the school board on my freshman year."


"Oh, yeah, I don't remember that......"


I replied, reaching for the shelf as I straddled her. There was an old-fashioned armpit thermometer, just as she had said.


No, wait a minute.......


Then I noticed something and looked at Aoyama. She turned her face away from me, her face even more on fire than usual.


And then...


"I need your help ....... to take my temperature..."


Apparently I was given the task of sticking a thermometer in her armpit......



PREV | NEXT