Chapter 26: Spelling Names


TL: Scaramochi


***


I got back to Norn a little after noon.


I don't think it's possible, but there's no guarantee that those guys haven't planted something in my absence, so I'm going home first. It doesn't matter if I go to the guild later after all.


I told him to go back to his own house he was sticking around me all the time.


Surprisingly, he backed off quietly, haha.


"If you need anything, please leave a message at the guild. I'll be there as soon as I can."


I walked up the hill to go home.


My feet naturally quickened in my haste.


As I pass by the house in front of me, Grandma Odie stops me. She told me that Tiana was taking care of her in many ways, so I couldn't ignore her.


I was curious about the house, but I was called by someone near my house.


"Oh. Can I help you?"


"Yeah. I have something good to tell you."


"What is it?"


"She cut her hair."


"Tiana?"


What's that about?


"Her bangs is a little long. She had it cut so that her eyebrows would show. Look, she's teaching her to write too."


"You mean Gina?"


"Yes, Gina."


"And?"


Grandma Odie sighs heavily.


"I knew it, you don't understand it at all."


Maybe it's my age, but I have no idea what she's talking about.


"Well then, thank you for inform me."


"Wait, wait."


"What is it?"


"When you get home, the first thing you should do is tell her about her hair."


"Why would I do that?"


"Because that's the way it's supposed to be. Well, just think you've been deceived when you say it."


After that, I walk back to my house, twisting my neck.


I open the door and call out to her, and Tiana comes in at a very fast pace.


"Master! Welcome home!"


She lifts her lowered head. Her brunette bangs are a little reddish.


Hmm. It seems to have gotten shorter if you ask me, or not so much.


"Did you cut your hair......?"


A smile blooms on Tiana's face and her cheeks turn a little red.


"Ehehe. Did you notice? I got my sister to cut it for me! So, Master......"


Tiana is fiddling with the hem of her dress.


Gina, who came from behind, was puckering her mouth.


Hm? What is it? S...U...I...T?


Ah, so that's what it's about.


I look at Tiana's face from both sides.


"Mhm. I think it looks good on you."


It was as if a flower had bloomed before my eyes.


I see. I'll have to thank Grandma next time.


"Ah. Have you had lunch yet?"


"No. Not yet."


"If you'd like leftovers, I can serve them right away."


"Oh, that's fine."


As I relax over Tiana's food, which I haven't had in a long time, she comes right up to me.


"Um. Master."


"Yes?"


"What happened to your hand?"


She found the scar that remains on my left hand.


I said it would eventually disappear, but it still has a thin knife-stick mark.


"Ah. It's just a little. Don't worry, Eilia made sure it was healed. Oh yeah, I was wondering how you were doing."


Tiana looked nostalgic, but only for a moment.


"If you got healed, that means you were originally badly injured, right? What's wrong? I've even given you a spell."


"Eh? Spell?"


"When Master goes out, I gives you a kiss on your forehead, doesn't I? When my father went out, my mother did it too. She wish him to come back safely. She said it was a spell to pray for the safety of the person you love. Eh? Then, Master for me is......?"


"Well, um, I'm coming home safely now, so it's okay, right?"


"But, is that doesn't hurt anymore?"


"Yes. So don't worry so much. More importantly, get me a refill."


"Oh, yes. Right away."


Tiana was mumbling something as she took the plate.


"I did that to Master ....... so that means I......."


I asked Tiana as she brought me my refill.


"Was there nothing unusual over here?"


"Only that I was taught to write ....... Ah."


Tiana always goes to the mending place and comes back with a wax plate.


"I can now write my name properly!"


The wax plate she proudly shows me has my name all over it. Harris-sama, Harris-sama.......


"Isn't that my name there?"


"That's what I said too."


Gina, who had been silent until now, interjected.


She insisted with her whole body that it wasn't her fault.


"Because Master's name outnumbers my name, and I wanted to get it done before you got gome."


More in number? You mean letters? Not much difference, isn'it? Get it done?


Tiana reported happily.


"I sewed your name on all of Master's underwear. I'll do the ones you're wearing now after I wash them."


Looking at the happy Tiana, I had no choice but to swallow my complaints deep in my throat.


You know what? I'm not a child, so I don't sew my name on my clothes.


"Oh, yeah. Since the day before yesterday, there's been a bunch of very enthusiastic knights looking for houses all over the place. But they haven't come to our house yet."


Gina changed the subject.


"I'm not sure what it is. Well, I don't think it's any of our business. It looks like they're starting with the government offices, the Temple, and the Adventurer's Guild."


"Haa. Well, that's a lot of work. I can't say I'm happy about that. It's tough when I don't get paid for my work. I'm going to go check it out."


I hurriedly shoveled down the rest of my plate and went out to the guild.



PREV | NEXT