Chapter 9: Someone I Love


TL: Akabane


***


[Akari's POV]


"Nn~~~~!!!!"


I raises my voice, speechless.


What the heck!


I kissed Sakata's cheek. ......


Why did I do such an embarrassing thing?


I'm such an idiot. ......


Yesterday, I was attacked by Tojo-senpai.


They touched my breasts and buttocks and almost kissed me.


I don't want to kiss such a guy. ......


Please, someone help me.


Please help. ......


That was the moment I wished so.


I was so happy to see him.


If he hadn't saved me, I would have been attacked by Tojo-senpai.


The moment I imagined that, a chill ran down my spine.


I can't thank him enough, Sakata.


Thank you so much.


My first impression of Sakata was, "His face is scary."


He also has a bad attitude.


To be honest, I thought he must have a bad personality.


But I was wrong.


Sakata was a kinder person than I had imagined.


He was handsome, easy to talk to, and


Kind.


Yesterday, he protected me from Tojo-senpai.


The moment I imagine Sakata-kun's face, my heart starts pounding and my chest goes wild.


My mind goes blank.


I've been strange lately.


All I can think about is Sakata.


Today, during class, all I could think about was Sakata. 


I want to hear his voice more.


I want him to praise me for being "cute."


I want him to whisper "I love you" in his sweet voice.


Countless desires swirled in my head.


My instincts are craving for Yuji Sakata.


(This is ......)


Perhaps, I love Sakata.


I have fallen in love with him.


"......"


How can I go out with Sakata?


Do I have to appeal to him more aggressively ......?


I have zero experience in love.


So I don't know how to get closer to the person I like.


I tried searching the internet for "how to go out with someone you like" but it didn't help me at all.


Ugh, what should I do ......?


"Hmm?"


Suddenly, someone called me.


Who could it be?


I was curious, so I picked up the phone.


||  "Hey, Akari."


Masato Hajima's voice came from the speaker of the phone.


I and Masato are childhood friends.


We've been good friends since kindergarten.


Just in time.


Let's talk to Masato about it.


"Hey Masato. Do you know who Sakata-kun likes ......?"


Masato makes a dumb voice, "What's ......?"


||  "Yu ...... Yuji, do you like that guy?"


"Huh!"


I couldn't hide my upset at Masato's words.


How did he know who I like?


Can Masato read people's minds?


"Hey, how did you know ......?"


||  "Hmm? Seriously, Yuji, do you like him?"


At Masato's words, I nodded, "Yeah ......."


Masato has found out who I like.


What's this, I'm so embarrassed. ......


I flap my legs on the bed.


"Don't tell anyone about the person I like ...... okay?"


||  "Yeah, I know. I won't tell anyone."


At Masato's reply, I breathes a sigh of relief, "haa......."


"Hey Masato ......."


||  "Huh? What?"


"Do you think I can go out with Sakata-kun?"


||  "Hmm? What's that? Do you want to go out with Yuji?"


"Yes, I want to go out with him. ......"


||  "Then, ask him out on a date."


"Ha, a date?!"


I shouted out loud.


How am I supposed to ask him out on a date? 


I, who has zero experience in love, doesn't know. ......


"I don't know how to ask for a date. ......"


||  "Just ask him to hang out with you tomorrow."


"Eh? Is that all I have to do?"


||  "Yeah, that's it. That's all you have to do?


"......"













Yesterday, Akari Shinomiya kissed me on my cheek.


Why did Shinomiya kiss my cheek?


Could it be that she likes me?


Did she kiss me on the cheek because she likes me?


Damn, I can't stop thinking about Shinomiya.


Maybe I should call her and ask, "You like me, don't you?" right?


No, that's quirky. ...... 


Let's not do that.


"Nn......?"


Suddenly, Shinomiya calls me.


I answer the phone.


"Hello, Shinomiya?"


||  "Uh, yeah, that's right ......."


Shinomiya's voice came over the speaker.


Her voice was a mixture of nervousness.


"What do you want from me ......?"


||  "Well, that ...... Sakata-kun, are you free tomorrow?"


"I'm ...... free tomorrow."


||  "Well, do you want to hang out with me?


"Just the two of us?"


||  "Yes, just the two of us. ......"


"......"


I fall silent at Shinomiya's words.


This is an invitation for a date, right?


You mean, you want to go on a date with me, right?


Huh? What ....? Do you seriously like me?!


Haha, no way. ......


As I fell silent, I heard a voice mixed with anxiety coming from the speaker of my phone.


||  "You don't like it.....?"


"I don't hate it! I don't hate it at all!"


||  "Really ......?!"


"Yeah, really."


||  "Oh, good. ......."


A sigh of relief came from the speaker, "Haa ......."


She seemed relieved.


After deciding where to meet, we ended our call.


Tomorrow, I would have a date with Shinomiya.


What the hell is this .......


Is this a dream?


 





 





[Akari's POV]


I'm going on a date with Sakata tomorrow!


"A date with Sakata-kun, huh? ...... Ehe, ehehehe."


Oh no, I can't stop grinning.


I can't show this kind of face to Sakata. ......


"Nn......?"


Masato called me again.


I answer the phone.


"What's wrong?"


||  "Did you ask Yuji out on a date?"


"Yes, I was able to ask him out."


||  "I see. You did a great job."


Thanks to Masato, I was able to ask Sakata out on a date.


But I still have a mystery.


Why is Masato cooperating with me?


"Hey, Masato."


||  "What's up?"


"Why are you helping me?"


||  "......"


My words silence Masato.


The room is quiet.


Not a single sound.


After a while, Masato opens his mouth.


||  "Well, I wondering why too ......"


It's a mystery.


Why is Masato cooperating with me?


There should be no benefit for Masato even if he cooperates with me.


But he cooperates with me in spite of that.


What is Masato thinking ......?


That's what I'm wondering.



PREV | NEXT