Chapter 56: The Start Of The Game And Sasaki's Upset (Excitement)


TL: Scaramochi


***


--- "--The first round of the Emperor's Cup, a match between the prestigious Tokyo national team, Koto University, and the Kanagawa national team, N3 Odawara United. The commentator was Mitsuhiro Matsubayashi, a graduate of Koto University and a former member of Odawara United. The live commentary will be provided by Shimono, a former member of Odawara United."


--- "Thank you very much." 


--- "Well, Matsubayashi-san, Koto University has a lot of fans because of their spectacular soccer game, and they are also considered a dark horse in the Emperor's Cup. How do you see it?" 


--- "I'm looking at Victor de Makenzie, a third-year FW player, and Seiichi Azaki, who started as a first-year player. Victor had a hattrick in last month's Tokyo representative game, and the freshman, Azaki, is so talented that he is rumored to have turned down a high school pro job, and from his play, he is a solid and serious player, so I am looking forward to his future development." 


--- "I see. How do you see Odawara?" 


--- "Well, it's Kanekawa Ryushin! He has the power to make it to the first division in England as a high school graduate. He's mentally sluggish because of the expectations of those around him and the noise in the media, but he's a striker who can score from anywhere with arms and legs as thick as a bodybuilder's, head and both feet, so I have high hopes for him." 


Is Kanekawa Ryushin still highly regarded? And where's the information that Azaki is serious?


Starting from the bench, I was wearing my jersey and listening to the live commentary on the Emperor's Cup live streaming site through my earphones. 


The starting lineup for the match was announced in the locker room before the game, and while Jang-senpai started as the goalkeeper and Azaki started as one of the volunters, I started on the bench because I wasn't called up to the starting lineup. 


As a freshman starting from the bench, I helped with the pre-game work with the manager and the trainees, and after that I went out to the field. 


It was warm enough today that I was sweating just standing there. 


Odawara United's home ground is a stadium with a capacity of 15,000 people, and the crowd of supporters of Odawara United jostled with the huge number of cheering fans.


Seeing this scene made me realize that we were about to play a professional match. 


As I looked from the bleachers toward the pitch, my eyes immediately fell on that man. 


His arms and legs were as thick as logs, and his muscles were even more muscular. He looked like a bodybuilder. 


This is the real Kanekawa Ryushin...... a man who plays rugged soccer with that heavy-looking physique. 


It's not just the muscles. Kanekawa's supremacy that overflows from his body inspires me. 


Kanekawa's charisma is a mass of charisma to behold. I had assumed that was why Sasaki, a former idol, was attracted to Ryushin Kanekawa, but maybe, almost certainly, Sasaki likes...... me. Maybe.


"Makishima? Your face is all frizzy, are you okay?" 


It seems my face had naturally relaxed when I was thinking about Sasaki, and when Azaki, who was in front of me before I knew it, said that to me, I put my face back on. 


"Nah, it's all right!...... More importantly, Azaki, save your stamina until I come out." 


"Of course. What do you think I rounded my head for?" 


Azaki, in his uniform, says as he pats his shaved head. 


I'm glad he did it for me, but it's a pain in the ass that it takes me so long to recognize him as Azaki because he's no longer an amper. 


"In the first half, I'm going to build my attack around Victor-senpai. And from the second half, I'm going to unveil Yutaro Makishima. So, make up on the bench properly before you come." 


Azaki kicks me in the butt with his stylish phrasing. 


In short, he wants me to sweat it out from the start. 


"You, don't lose your makeup until I come out, okay?" 


I kick Azaki's butt back and send him out onto the pitch. 


Now, it's the match we've been waiting for. 


The match between the university's strongest team, Koto University vs N3 Odawara United, is about to begin. 


***


[Sasaki's POV]


If Makishima scores...... I'll be at Makishima's house....... 


--- "To my house, of course." 


Hey, it's too cool no matter how many times I remember it!!!! 


Every time I remember it, my face gets all curt and hot and squirmy. 


It's okay. It's normal, Ayane Sasaki. 


I'm one year older than Makishima. I should be leading Makijima. 


I've put more effort than usual into my appearance, I've put on my favorite casual A-line one-piece, and I've read how-to books on the subject so that I won't be upset if something happens in Makishima's room. 


Now I just need to do some brain rehearsal. 


I did the simulation in my brain while waiting for Yuzu, who I had promised to go see the game with today, in front of Takahamaya at the west exit of Yokohama Station. 


"Ayane!" 


I heard Yuzu's voice calling me from the station. 


Yuzu, wearing a T-shirt with the words "Koto" written on it, probably for the cheerleading squad, with a shoulder bag slung over her shoulder, came breathing hard. 


Yuzu was the manager of the B team, so she was going to be cheering for the team instead of sitting on the bench this time. 


"I'm sorry I made you wait, okay?" 


"No, I'm not waiting for you. I was just simulating." 


"Simulation? Oh, you mean today's game?!" 


"No, no." 


"I think it's Takato's pace, because Jang-senpai, the goalkeeper, who has good feet, can join in the build-up so the volante doesn't have to drop, Azaki is there to relay from midfield to the front line, and Victor-senpai is at the front line to carry the opponent with his post-play." 


"Yu, Yuzu! We don't have much time, let's get on the bus and go to the stadium." 


"I'm sorry! I started talking again." 


Yuzu beamed with embarrassment.



PREV | NEXT