Chapter 55: Ayane Sasaki's Place To Shine


TL: Scaramochi


***


[Sasaki's POV]


"Thanks for today. Yuzu." 


"Yeah. See you later, Ayane." 


By the time Yuzu and I parted at the Daigaku-mae station, it was already late in the evening, so I changed to the subway to go back to my apartment. 


"By the way, this business card......." 


I went back to my room and looked at the business card Mizuki left in my bag. 


Written on it was the name "Mayumi Sakaki, Sakaki Productions."


When I saw the name at the café, I couldn't stop getting goosebumps. 


I displayed that picture in the photo file on my phone. 


A woman smiling coolly while taking off her mask next to me, who was an elementary school student at the time, smiling awkwardly due to nervousness. 


She was Mayumi Sakaki herself. 


Sakaki was the person who gave me, an elementary school student, the dream of becoming an idol. 


She is a former popular idol who dominated the world as the core member of the five-member idol group "Peace Lovers." 


She had charisma and mature charm, and I was fascinated by her. 


I looked up to her so much that I passed the audition for the Genesistars' third season before entering high school, and I even cut my hair to the same chestnut-colored, belly-short hair as Mayumi Sakaki before making my debut. 


I was surprised that Mayumi Sakaki would give me her business card via Mizuki....... 


I'm so happy, but I have a bad feeling about this. 


I've known about Sakaki Productions for a long time, and I've even wanted to join her production after I retire as Ayane Kiraboshi to broaden my work. 


That is why I immediately understood the meaning of this business card. 


"I'm sure it's an...... offer to return to show business, right?" 


With a complicated look on my face, I opened the my phone screen.


I'm getting closer to my dream. 


It's like a dream come true to be able to work with Sakaki. 


It's also the path that Ayane Kiraboshi, during her active career, had always dreamed of and wished for....... 


"In other words ...... Ayane Sasaki, I hope--" 


The phone in my hand vibrates. 


The words [Incoming call: ♡ MAKISHIMA ♡] appear on the screen of the phone, bringing light back into my cloudy eyes. 


"Ma, Makishima?" 


||  "Oh, Sasaki...... that, how are you?" 


"Uh, yeah ...... I'm fine." 


Since that kissing fiasco, we hadn't seen each other for a long time, partly because Makishima was busy practicing, so our conversation was awkward. 


"I ate six pancakes today, too." 


||  "Gee, you're too energetic! Especially your stomach." 


Makishima seemed to be fooling around with his energetic tone of voice, as if the kiss the other day had never happened. 


"Hey, you know, it's the Emperor's Cup tomorrow." 


||  "Yeah." 


"Oh! I have something to tell you." 


||  "Yeah." 


"Even if you don't score, or even if you don't get out of the game, I really want to tell you." 


||  "Don't be so wishy-washy." 


"I'm sorry......." 


I blackmail Makishima, who still seems to lack confidence, even though he has been recognized for his ability to get into A. 


"Then, let's make a promise like before, okay?" 


||  "Promise?" 


"You know, like we did when we first met." 


||  "......Yeah." 


That promise we made on the riverbed when we first met. 


I remember that Makishima was feeling weak at that time, and I was blackmailing him and forcing him to make a promise. 


"I'm going to the game tomorrow, I'm going to watch it, so you must score a goal! If you don't, it's a penalty game!" 


||  "The penalty is to do whatever I say, right?" 


"Yes." 


||  "Okay, okay......."


Makishima is suddenly silent after a few moments of ministering. 


"Oh, that? Makishima?" 


||  "In return, you know." 


What the heck, he suddenly shut up, I thought the phone was off. 


||  "If I score, we'll go home together, okay?" 


"Uh, yeah. I don't mind, but go home with you?" 


||  "Oh, you're going to my house...... of course." 


"Ehhh?!" 


||  "Okay, well, I'll see you tomorrow!" 


The phone hangs up and I look up at the ceiling, dropping the phone from my hand. 


"Makishima......!" 


I looked down at the business card in my hand. 


What was I thinking? 


The stage where I want to shine the brightest right now is not the entertainment industry. 


I came here only to break away from being an idol and become the best in Yutaro Makishima, my first love. 


I came here by my own will. 


I put Sakaki's business card in the middle of my photo album and threw it in the closet. 


I'm sorry Sakaki, but this was my way of taking responsibility as the now-deceased Ayane Kiraboshi. 


"I am Ayane Sasaki--" 


And Ayane Sasaki, the place I want the most right now is not the Budokan or the National Stadium, but next to Yutaro Makishima....... 



PREV | NEXT