Chapter 57: All Together!


TL: Scaramochi


***


[Sasaki's POV]


When the game started, the pitch was filled with cheers that were louder than those I had ever heard at a B-team game. 


It was a match between the pros and the A team, and the atmosphere at the venue was completely different. It was like the last time I went to a professional game with Makishima. 


"Ayane, look, look, it's Kanekawa Ryushin." 


"Kanekawa, Ryushin?" 


I looked in the direction Yuzu pointed her finger and saw a muscular, bodybuilder-like athlete. 


His uniform was so tight that it looked as if it would tear at any moment....... 


"Hey, who is that guy?" 


"Ayane, you interviewed him! At the championships!" 


"Interview? Me?"


"You don't remember?" 


"......Yeah." 


I was so shocked that Makishima (Hoshin Gakuen) didn't come to the championship that I don't remember much else. 


"I thought Ayane was a high school soccer fan?" 


"Sorry...... actually, that's a lie." 


"Eh?" 


"I only knew about Makishima's Hoshin Gakuen....... More specifically, I only knew about Makishima." 


"Only Makishima? Ayane, could it be that you have known about Makishima since you were an idol......?" 


I nodded honestly. 


"Oh, I'm heavy, aren't I! I'm like a chaser, it's so creepy! I'm sorry, please forget it." 


"No, no, no." 


Yuzu strokes my head with a gentle hand while saying, "No, it's not." 


"I was thinking about Makishima only, and I think he responded to my feelings." 


"Ayane is awesome." 


Yuzu...... Oh, you're more of an older sister than me! Even though I'm older than you! 


"Oh, I want a big sister like Yuzu!" 


"What's up with you all of a sudden, Ayane?" 


"Please tell me!" 


"Oh, I don't know what you mean..." 


"You look like you're having a good time, girls." 


I turn to look at the reluctant voice coming from the side, and there is a familiar man in a tattered brown coat and-- 


"Ah! It's Ayane!" 


A cute little girl with a red catsuit appears from behind the uncle's back and sits on my lap. 


"Ehehe, I got to meet Ayane again." 


"Shizuku? Besides, Director Kishihara......" 


"I see you often, miss. Oops, nice to meet the young lady next to you?" 


Director Kishihara takes off his sunglasses and looks at Yuzu. 


"Ah, Ayane, this is the one!" 


"Yeah. He's the former director of Hoshin Gakuen." 


"Kishihara, the director!" 


Yuzu shook hands with him and said, "I'm so impressed!" 


"What, the lady over there knows me?" 


"Of course I do!" 


"Well, I'm glad to hear that even such a young girl recognizes me. Well, the brown-haired lady didn't seem to notice until Makishima and I talked to her." 


Oh, I noticed it from the beginning, too. 


Director Kishihara sat right next to me and gulped down his usual Skittles. 


"Did you come to watch Makishima's game today, too?" 


"No, I'm not on scouting duty today, it's completely private. My demon wife was nagging me to do family service once in a while, so I had no choice but to bring my daughter." 


"Ayane, let's play!" 


"Ummm, yes." 


If you're going to do family service, why not take them to an amusement park or something? 


"Ayane. Where's that bodyguard brother you were with the other day?" 


"Well...... my brother is..." 


I point to the pitch. 


"He's over there, fighting." 


--- 


As I mentioned in my note, I have too many things to do such as book publishing, so my update frequency has dropped (I'm really sorry!). But I'll do my best to write during the year-end and New Year holidays, so please support me.



PREV | NEXT