Chapter 50: The Upset Of Kissing And The Fruition Of Efforts


TL: Scaramochi


***


Sasaki kisses my cheek....... 


Sasaki kisses...... my cheek. 


"Hey Mom! His mouth is open like a puppet doll!" 


"Hey, don't look at him." 


I finally came to my senses when a boy standing in line next to me on the subway platform pointed a finger at me. 


Oh ...... when did I get on the subway? 


I was standing on the platform with my shoulder bag slung over my shoulder, and I got on the subway, knocking myself out of my reverie. 


A movie advertisement plays in the car. 


I put my hand on my cheek as I watch a man and a woman share a deep kiss. 


Nowadays, is kissing a something you do with someone other than the person you love? 


No. It's absolutely impossible for Sasaki to do so. 


Sasaki always acts like a big sister in front of me, but she is surprisingly pure, a child, and since she was an idol, she was only interested in pancakes and sweet foods....... 


Then, Sasaki's first love would be....... 


"Hey, Mom! That guy's face is red like an octopus!" 


"Hey, you can't point at people! If you ever do that again, I'll beat you up......." 


"Oh, Mom, I'm scared." 


Anyway, I don't want this incident to create some kind of rift between me and Sasaki. 


I have to send some Lime even now. 


I took out my phone and noticed that I had an incoming call from Azaki. 


Come to think of it, there seemed to be a lot of noise in my pocket from a while ago....... 


I got off at the closest station to my apartment, the one in front of the university, and as soon as I stepped out of the ticket gate, I immediately called Azaki. 


||  "Yes, this is Azaki." 


"Sorry, Azaki. I was a little busy earlier." 


||  "I know, I know ....... I thought it wouldn't matter if you were busy until morning, would it?" 


"Don't talk to me like that, you pervert. You don't know how much I've done for you." 


||  "You're just using me anyway. You're just using me, like you did at the blind date." 


"......back to the story." 


||  "You still change your story when the odds are against you." 


Azaki clears his throat on the phone and resumes his calm voice. 


||  "Makishima, calm down and listen......." 


"Oh, oh." 


||  "We'll be moving up to the A team at the end of the week. Naturally, we'll be added to the Emperor's Cup squad." 


The moment I hear this, my vision opens up. 


Me, on the A team......! 


The effort I had put in for three days of running for my life had come to fruition. 


||  "I heard it was decided at today's meeting. I got an email from the manager just now." 


"Thanks, Azaki. You're the biggest scum of all, but the only reason I made it to A is because of you." 


||  "No, the A's manager said he chose us because there were two of us. If it had been just me ...... they still wouldn't have moved me up to A. There are some behavior issues, though." 


"I'm 100% sure it's a behavior issue." 


||  "And you know what? The only one who can follow my path is you, Yutaro Makishima, now and forever." 


"That's too much praise. If you want to give me a big compliment, wait until I score a goal in the first team." 


||  "That's true, that's true too!" 


Azaki says with a laugh, then returns to his serious tone. 


||  "Someday, you and I will put a 9 and a 10 on the Tokyo Frontier. That's my dream, buddy--" 


9 and 10 are the traditional numbers that were said to guarantee his entry into the professional ranks. 


If I can grab those numbers, I'll really be a pro...... 


||  "So first, the Emperor's Cup. The two of us are going to go all out against the pros." 


"......You're unusually hot. I'm sure you've got a punchline prepared, right?" 


||  "Yes! By the way, I'm calling you now at Love Hotel in Chiba, where I'm going to party all night with the girls I met in Chiba during the training camp. Right, guys!" 


||  ""Yay!"" 


I snapped off the phone and left Azaki's number blocked. 


But I knew that I would have to tell Sasaki that I had been promoted to the A-team. 


I sent her a Lime message, "Thanks for the date today," but she didn't even read it. 


Sasaki is a good reader, so I usually get a read in 4 seconds....... 


--- 


It's chapter 50! I'm so happy!



PREV | NEXT