Chapter 2: Hana Yuki, A Beautiful And Innocent Girl


TL: Akabane


***


[Yuki's POV]


Even as a high school student, I still don't know what it feels like to love someone.


This is because I have never had such feelings for a certain person.


That's why I still don't know what to do when I refuse a confession.


"Hana Yuki! I like you. Please go out with me!"


I had been confessed to by a boy in my class with me, Takahashi.


The schoolyard after school wasn't that crowded, partly because it was far from the main gate.


I could just make out a few shadows on a bench a short distance away.


This was the 10th time he had confessed to me since entering high school.


I'm honestly happy to hear him say he likes me, but I'm not ready to go out with someone I don't know anything about.


I want my first boyfriend to be someone I am satisfied with, and I feel bad to go out with someone with such half-hearted feelings.


So I said my usual refusal.


"I'm sorry. I'm glad you feel this way, but I have no intention of going out with anyone right now."


The moment I said it, I could see Takahashi's eyes tremble a little.


It was a reaction I had seen many times before.


He is surely hurt by my words.


No matter how many times I've experienced it, only at this moment do I feel truly sorry.


But I can't respond to his feelings.


"Why, can't? I'd be happy to give it a try."


He said this as if pleading.


There have been others who have eaten away at me like this, but there was no light in him now, and I was a little scared.


"I am sorry. It's difficult even for a trial. Then, I'll leave."


I felt myself in danger.


Normally, I would have politely denied him, but this time I spoke too quickly.


I backed away and moved away from him.


But....


"Wait a minute, Yuki-san! We can start with a friend, right!"


He closes the distance to me.


His eyes are dark and somewhat vacant.


This is not good. This is really bad.


I knew immediately that his behavior wasn't normal.


I turned my back to him and ran.


I could feel sweat pouring out of my back.


"Wait a minute! Yuki-san!"


I heard him yell as he started running too.


His footsteps gradually approached me.


I was afraid, but my legs felt heavy as if they had lead on them.


I am not as athletic as the average student.


But after a dozen meters or so, he caught my wrist.


"I caught you~ Yuki-san, please talk to me."


My back was already soggy and sweaty.


And my palpitations were raging like when I ran a 2-km marathon.


"Hahahaha, stop, please."


As my body had no strength, those feeble words were the best resistance I could muster.


But he no longer heard my words.


"Hehe, Yuki-san, let's talk properly~"


The corner of his mouth was raised abnormally, and his cheeks were reddening, but he was still not normal.


Ah, what's going to happen to me .......


I was about to give up.


"You're trash!"


I heard a voice so loud that I couldn't help but cover my ears.


I turned toward the voice and saw the bench I had seen in the distance 5 or 6 meters away.


And on that bench was the most handsome man I had ever seen.


His skin is translucent white, his eyes are large and beautiful with double layers and tear troughs, his hair is up-bang with no wrinkles, and even when he is sitting down, you can tell that he has a great style.


All of these things made me think he was cooler than any man I had ever seen.


The handsome man didn't even look at us as he proceeded to read his book with a concentrated look on his face.


But Takahashi seemed to be taken aback by the sound of his voice.


"Oh, no. What am I ...... doing?"


The light had returned to his eyes.


The handsome man's voice must have brought him back to normal.


Then he pulled his hand away from mine and ran off at a run, breathing roughly.


"Ah ......."


Suddenly, exhaustion took over my shoulders.


I sit back down.


I have no strength in my body.


But thank goodness. Nothing hurts, my clothes are clean, nothing was stolen, I'm safe.


I naturally turned my gaze toward the handsome man.


A girl was about to be attacked a few feet away, but he didn't look at me for a second.


It seemed that he really didn't notice me.


Who was he, anyway?


I stared at the school emblem on the lapel of his uniform.


I have pretty good eyesight.


His school emblem was blue.


He was a first-year student like me.


But I've never seen such a handsome man.


"Ah."


Come to think of it, my friends used to tell me about this unidentified handsome man they heard rumors about.


Could it be that he was the one?


If so, that makes sense. He certainly has an eye-catching look, and I think he's cool too.


But those eyes, I've seen them somewhere before .......


I ponder a bit and think of a certain boy.


Takarada, who is in the next class.


I have never talked to him, but I've seen him when we passed each other in the hallway before.


At that time, I remember thinking that he had very beautiful eyes, even through his glasses.


I immediately asked my friend who he was, and since then I have been secretly following him with my eyes.


I thought he had beautiful eyes, and I knew he had a cool face too, Takarada.


Why does he always hide his face if he is so cool?


As I was thinking about this and looking at him, he looked at his watch and suddenly got up and ran with a hurried look on his face.


"Ah."


At that moment, I thought he glanced in my direction.


Did our eyes meet, or was it ......?


I don't know, but he certainly turned his head in my direction.


With a thud, my heartbeat quickened.


His back became smaller and smaller.


But I couldn't take my eyes off him.


I looked at him with such a wish in my heart that he would look at me just one more time, but at last he was out of sight.


Still, I kept looking at him.


Even though I had been so scared of something so scary earlier, just the fact that he could see me instantly made me feel hot and light all over.


I feel like I could do anything now.


At the same time, a pain that I had never felt before, like a tightness in my chest, hit me.


What is this feeling?


I want to talk to him again. I want to look his eye.


That's what I thought.


He must have noticed my presence.


Maybe I'll talk to him a little tomorrow.


"Fufufu."


I couldn't help but smile.


I don't know why, but I was looking forward to tomorrow.


Incidentally, Takahashi, who confessed to me and tried to attack me, was suspended from school for two weeks after a witness who was watching that scene from a distance reported it to the school.


To be honest, I was scared of him, but more than that, my mind was occupied with Takarada.



PREV | NEXT