Chapter 12: Sister


TL: Akabane


***


[We'll met again next Monday to come up with ideas, so please think of a plan by then.]


When I came home and was in my room thinking, I received this message from Godo.


She want me to think about what I'm going to do.


But even though she told me that ......


I don't think I can come up with a plan that will entertain you guys, since I don't even know the word "youth".


Well, I should just look it up on the Internet and come up with a plan.


[I understand.]


After replying with that, my mind once again switched back to my earlier thoughts.


A picnic with Yuki...


I have no idea what kind of clothes I should wear, and I have no idea what kind of conversation we should have.


To begin with, it's been a while since I've met anyone other than my family on a holiday, so I don't even know what I should look like when I leave the house.


In fact, this is the first time in my life that I have gone out with a girl alone.


However, I know what to expect at a time like this.


Everything should be normal, from clothes to everything else.


If I do something pretentious, Yuki will just laugh at me, so I should just aim for the ordinary of ordinary.


"...... So, what is normal?"


As someone who has only ever bought clothes in the New Year's grab bags and has spent most of my holidays at home, I had no idea what was normal for the holidays.


As for clothes, I'm sure I've seen articles on the Internet before about how wearing all black is tacky.


No, I only have black clothes in my closet.


"...... What should I do?"


I dive face down on the bed.


I don't feel like I can come up with any more good ideas on my own.


I have no ...... choice. I didn't really want to use this method, but I can't turn my back on it.


I got up from the bed and headed for the living room.


As I entered the living room, the faint smell of curry from dinner lingered in the air, and the sound of a variety show echoed in my ears.


"Hey, it's rare to see Go-chan downstairs. What's wrong?"


In the living room was my older sister, Risa Takarada.


Unlike me, my beautiful sister had her hair wrapped in a towel and a box of more than ten cosmetics on her desk to take care of her skin.


Go-chan, by the way, is the nickname my family uses to call me.


I don't really like it because it sounds like a certain singer who can't stop a billion heartbeats, but after 16 years of being called that, I'm used to it.


"Hey, where's Mom?"


"Bath."


"I see."


I sat down in the dining room chair, my usual place to eat dinner.


"So, is something wrong?"


"Well, to be frank, I was wondering if you could tell me what to wear."


The moment she heard my words, she rolled her eyes and her face hardened.


"Did you have a girlfriend, by any chance?"


"No, not really. I'm going out with friends this Sunday, but it's been so long since I've left the house on a holiday that I don't know what to do."


"I see. So you asked me, a woman of taste."


"Well, yeah..."


Unlike me, my sister is a confident person.


She's confident, which is something I admire.


"Just to confirm, is your friend a girl?"


"Of course not. Do you think I would go out with a girl?"


It's easy to imagine how my sister would react if I told her I was going out with a girl.


It would be exposed in family discussions, and my mother and brother would tease me about it.


So here I calmly told a lie without changing my face.


"Hmmm."


She looks at me suspiciously. It seems she is somewhat suspicious of me.


"By the way, where are you going? Takatori?"


"No, around Owashi station."


Just a few minutes ago, Yuki contacted me and said, "Let's meet at a park near Owashi station on Sunday."


"I see. ....... So, was it the clothes? It's true, Go-chan's clothes are all black~ Fufufu."


I twisted my head several times.


Then, as if an idea came to her, she turned her face toward me.


"Oh, don't you have some of your brother's clothes? He left you some clothes, didn't he?"


"Sure he did. He said he had some clothes left to wear when he came home."


My brother is already a working man and has left home.


But since he lives alone a few stops away, he comes home to his parents' house a few times a month, so he still has the bare minimum of clothes left.


"Right? Your brother has good taste in clothes, so you can wear that. I'll take a look at it for you later."


"Thanks."


"Also, it's fine to wear clothes, but you need to set your hair properly, okay? Especially with your brother's clothes, many of them are very flashy, so it won't look good on you."


"Oh~ that's ......."


That's pretty harsh.


In "invincible mode," I can do whatever I want without worrying about people's eyes because they don't know who I am.


Therefore, I can't let anyone I know find out about it.


I want to continue to enjoy my otaku activities in "invincible mode."


"All you have to do is lift your hair, which you do occasionally."


"That's the tough part, isn't it?"


"I don't know what you mean. But it's going to be cool, so why don't you just do it?"


"No, it doesn't make me cool, but..."


"You're saying that again. You're so mean!"


I'm sure my confident sister wouldn't understand what I'm thinking.


"I'll leave the hair thing as it is for now, and I'll just wear my brother's clothes to look good. Thanks."


"...... You're welcome."


My sister's cheeks puffed out in obvious disapproval.


I'm not sure what she's so displeased about in the first place.


Am I being mean?


It can't be helped. Because I don't have confidence in myself.


"Well, I'm going to go find some clothes for my brother."


As I got up from my chair, she stopped me and said, "Wait a minute."


"This is a bit off topic, but you're going to Owashi Station this Sunday, right? If that's the case, will you join me at the CD handover event for "Anisho" on that day? She's a singer I've been into lately."


"Anisho" is the largest anime store company.


They have a great selection of core anime goods, and often hold handshakes and meet-and-greets with voice actors and artists.


Apparently, this Sunday there will be a CD handover event for my sister's favorite singer.


I can certainly understand why she would want a CD signed by her favorite singer.


But...


"No, why don't you just go by yourself?"


Why are you trying to pass it?


I mean, a signed CD is nice, but there must be something good about meeting the singer in person, right?


"No~ I'm busy with an event on Sunday. You see, I'm a very popular voice actress."


Actually, my sister is a voice actress.


She originally wanted to be an actress and started acting in high school, but when she was selected to be a main cast member in the latest film by a very popular anime film director while still in high school, her voice acting work increased dramatically and she is now a very popular voice actress.


As a relative, I am proud of my sister, but it's not something I can brag about because my sister just did her best.


Therefore, I've never made a show of it to the people around me.


"Please! I really want a signed CD!"


Well, I know that my sister is very busy at home.


And since my sister had never asked me for a favor like this before, I wanted to make sure I responded properly.


"...... Okay, I'll do it. I'll make sure to charge it for you."


"Thanks! That's totally fine. I'll even give you some money."


"Wow, so lucky."


For a high school student who was short of money, this was a welcome income.


"Well, I'll call you when I get the numbered tickets."


"Okay, I'll go look for some clothes in the meantime."


I got up and left the living room.


Oh, that reminds me, I didn't ask which singer's on that handover party it was.


But well, I'll get the information later.













[Tendo's POV]


[Yuna, you're going to be handing over your CD at the Anisho in Owashi on Sunday, right?]


I received a message from Risa-san, a senior voice actress whom I respect.


I wonder what happened all of a sudden.


[Yes. In celebration of my debut single.]


[Right. Good. I'll get our go-chan to attend the event on that day. Good luck.]


Instantly, my phone slipped out of my hand.


Eh?


Takarada is coming to my handover party?


[It's a chance to shorten the distance between you guys. Show yourself off.]


I don't know what to do.


I can't get my head around it at all.


"What should I do ....... Takarada-kun, he's going to be at my handover event ......."


I'm getting really nervous .......



PREV | NEXT