Chapter 30


TL: Akabane


***


Rin-chan started to show more interest than I expected, so I told her everything I knew.


"Because the work is heavy, so the members of the sports festival committee will have a certain authority.  I don't know if that's the right way to put it, but sometimes the opinions we express will be reflected in what we do."


"What does that mean?"


"As I said before, we can run the program proposed by the committee members, or we can review the previous event and adjust the scores for the competition."


"Adjust the scores?"


"For example, if the relay score is too high, then we'll move it to a competition with a lower score."


"I get it!"


Of course, this kind of discussion could not be carried out without a majority vote, but surprisingly, the scores of the competitions changed every year. 


"I think they deliberately left it up to the students to decide what they wanted to do."


Well, I don't know if she wants to be on the committee because of this?


We were just talking about it, but I was starting to feel like it.


"When I heard that, I realized that I could do a lot of things.  I thought it was okay to be busy because I can do a lot of things!"


"Yes, perhaps the committee of your class will be determined in the near future, and when you've been appointed, then we'll meet again and discuss it bit by bit.  The real work will start after the exams.  If everyone gets busy because meeting before the exam starts, then they'll absolutely fail in the exam."


When I thought about it, even though the chairman was often called for meetings and was also active in club activities, she always scored very well on exams.


I wondered where she got the physical strength and skill to act tactically like that?


"Hmm, it's nice to hear new things!  I'm refreshed, so I'll start working on my assignment now!"


"Okay."


Seeing Rin-chan begin to face her assignment with vigor, I reviewed her quiz once more.


Her handwriting was beautiful, and she was able to write down all the equations in the science-related subjects perfectly.


I heard that if a student got a good feeling that she would succeed in a test or quiz, then she would be able to make drastic progress, and I thought Rin-chan was one of them.


"Why do you look so serious?"


"No, the more I look at it, the more perfect it is.  Your handwriting is beautiful and much better than mine."


"Really?  I get embarrassed when you compliment me like that."


"No, I was made to realize that I should also be able to write well in my own way."


My handwriting is dirty and the pressure of the pen on the paper is very strong, so it looks even dirtier.  There were also those who said that my handwriting was like duck feet, so I wanted to improve that area.


"Is that so?  I like your handwriting, you know.  Ah, I can understand your handwriting quickly too!"


"That sounds like a good thing, but in my case, it sounds like a bad thing..."


"As long as it's readable, it's a good thing, right?"


"Haha, I can't believe I can get such a lighthearted comment from you."


"I always knew that Onii-san wrote it for me on purpose.  The points that you wrote for me entered my brain naturally."


"..."


When she said these words to me with a smile, I felt like I didn't need to fix it, or rather, that I didn't have to fix my writing.... ...... Rin-chan, you're the kind of person who ruins other people.


"If you say that, then I'll never be able to fix it."


"Just as Onii-san has always accepted me as I am, I also accept everything about Onii-san.  Now you understand why I said that, right?"


"Yes, I understand."


However, in this case, it's because there's really nothing to reject about Rin-chan, so I'm completely positive about her.  Whereas myself, whose handwriting is dirty, may cause discomfort to those around me who read it.


If she said, "I'll say goodbye to you if Onii-san can't write well."  I guess I really will fix it.  That's for sure.


"If I had to make a suggestion, I think it would help if you could reduce the pressure in your pen and keep the paper clean."


"Yes, I'll do that..."


Because of the strong pressure, so the tip broke into small pieces and spread all over the notebook, and that would make it black and dirty.


If that was the case, then Rin-chan's beautifully written notebook would also be stained.  That must not happen.


"But, there's nothing wrong with getting dirty, right?  If you make it dirty often, and realize it every time, then someday, it will manage to fix itself...!"


"Huh?"


"...?"


It sounded like Rin-chan's book had gotten dirty because of my hands.


"Well, I'll fix it properly later."


"Yes!"


"Since Rin-chan has shown good results, then I will try to meet your expectations not only in quizzes, but also in handwriting."


"Yes... ah!"


Rin-chan reacted as if she had just remembered something.


"What is it?"


"Actually, I've told my parents to go somewhere during Golden Week."


"Really?"


"Yes.  Since they said they'll be gone all day, so I'll invite you on that day."


"Alright, then, I'll fulfill Rin-chan's invitation."


"Thank you! And, actually..."


"What else?"


"It looks like they're leaving this Saturday too!"


"Ah, I see."


"And... I have a suggestion.  Why doesn't Onii-san just come this week instead of during Golden Week?"


"Hmm, I see... uh, what?!"


"Eh?"


I felt a kind of deja vu in this conversation.


"This week?"


"Yes!  I hope Onii-san will come!"


"....Isn't that too sudden?"


"Onii-san.  You're already a member of the sports festival committee, right?  So, haven't we entered the validity period?!"


"How can that be?!  I haven't even done any work yet!"


"Hmph!!!"


She closed her mouth and showed a dissatisfied expression because I rejected her... her face showed signs of not wanting to change.


"The quiz... I did my best, right?"


"Well, that's true."


"You even promised that you'd grant whatever I asked if I could do my best..."


"Hasn't that been used to improve my handwriting?"


"..."


"...Ah, that's right, yeah.  Moreover, it's a perfect time.  Okay, I'll go to your house."


"Yes!  Then, I'll prepare the lunch!"


Oh, no.  Once Rin-chan started talking, she would not back down.  With Rin-chan's personality and appearance, there will be no man in this world who can reject her or ignore her when she settles down with you.


I've been mentally preparing little by little for Golden Week.  However, I suddenly decided to go there this weekend instead.


I had calmly told myself that we were just studying and everything would be fine, but now, my mind suddenly became chaotic.


"I'll make you dinner too!"


"O-Oh."


After saying that with a smile, she began to focus on studying again.



PREV | NEXT