Chapter 29


TL: Akabane


***


The chairman who was annoyed with the homeroom teacher should have calmed herself down first before filling out the form prepared for two people.


"What is enthusiasm?"


"Well... it's what you want to suggest to make the sports festival more lively."


There was a large column on the paper where you could write down what your enthusiasm was.


Compared to the size of the name column, I could feel the urge to write a lot.


"It's nothing but just to fill up the paper..."


The chairman said such words while running her pen so as not to be heard by the teacher.


By the way, this is what the chairman wrote.


[Just do the essentials...]


Well, it's a suggestion to just do the necessary thing. I didn't think that they would ask you to write those words on the form.


Chairman, your anger still hasn't gone away, huh?


It was quite fun for me that the chairman who was usually always cheerful and gentle suddenly made such a stern comment, but in any case, the homeroom teacher would examine it in a strange way and would tell her to rewrite it.


"Of course, that's true, but... we should do our best to make everyone have fun and cut down on the clichés.  So, why don't you answer it correctly?"


"Yes?  Is my answer that bad?"


"It's not bad, but when I thought about showing it to the homeroom teacher about what we should do, I thought it would be better to summarize it in simple words."


"I see!  Sorry, I was a little upset, it's good that you reminded me."


"No, no.  I often heard people say to just leave it to the chairman.  Now, I understand what you feels."


"Thank you!"


After a short conversation, I was relieved that the chairman had returned to her usual smile.


Afterward, I finished writing down the necessary things.


When I started thinking about returning to my seat and studying alone, the chairman took out a piece of paper and started writing something.


[Let's talk a bit through writing.]


She proposed such a thing, so I accepted it and held the pen.


After that, we didn't return to our seats and continued our conversation through writing.


If we talked using a pen, we wouldn't get caught in the quiet classroom.


"After you two have finished writing, please return to your seats and start study."


"Haaa..."


It seemed like we could finish peacefully, but I kept getting distracted until the end.  Even the calm chairman had turned into Shura.


We returned to our seats while sighing to each other.


After finishing the sixth class without much concentration, many students went to extra classes while shouting bitterly.


In the midst of all this, I went to the usual place where Rin-chan was waiting.


When I saw the quiz situation in my class, I became worried about Rin-chan's results.


It wasn't that I didn't trust her, but it was because I knew that she had worked hard.


Like we had, it was possible that she didn't do well because there were difficult questions.


If she failed, Rin-chan would definitely feel depressed.


With such worries, I hurried to the social studies room.


When I arrived, Rin-chan was already there as usual.


"Good job today, Onii-san."


"You too, Rin-chan."


Her smile and words were also unchanged from usual.


There were a lot of things that happened today, but now I'm already feeling better.


"There are many things I want to show you."


"What is it?"


"My quiz result! I've finished the various subjects, and here are all the results!"


"Let me see... Oh, you did really well... I mean, everything is correct!"


"Yes!  A perfect victory!"


All of Rin-chan's quiz results showed perfect scores.  If you looked at the content of the questions, there were some simple ones and some quite difficult ones, and it was amazing that she was able to answer all the questions correctly without making a single mistake.


"You did well without any mistakes!  That's amazing!"


"Yes!  I'm glad I did because Onii-san has been supporting me a lot."


"If you keep studying regularly like this, you'll be fine in the future."


"Yes!"


"Then, since the quiz is over, let's continue little by little."


When I said that, Rin-chan started taking out her study materials.


The perfect plan for Rin-chan went smoothly.  There was no doubt that my sister would be smiling because of this.


"You must be tired of the quiz, so you can relax and do it casually."


"Then, can I ask you something?"


"Yes."


"Onii-san said that Onii-san will be on the sports festival committee, right?"


"Yes, we just discussed it today, and I was officially chosen because no one else wanted to run."


"I see.  Actually, I was thinking of running for the sports festival committee as well."


"Really?"


"Yes.  Thanks to you, I was able to do my duties well, and most importantly, I wouldn't have been able to concentrate and study by myself without Onii-san's help."


"I'm glad that you're trying to be proactive, but it's going to get really heavy by the time we start doing things, and it might be difficult, okay?  Are you going to be okay with that?"


"Then... I just need to rely on Onii-san."


"I understand.  Then that's fine.  If we're assigned to the same place, we'll be able to easily share our days rather than when we're doing nothing."


"Yes, that's right!  So, I'll run for office when my class discusses it!  Well, let's hope no one else runs too..."


"If you get elected, let's do it together."


Rin-chan smiled happily.  As a member of the sports festival committee, if Rin-chan was able to inspire her class, then her class would become very strong.


Well, our class might be able to do that too if the chairman could inspire us, but in the current situation, that's not possible, right....?


I'm even beginning to think that the chairman will be carrying out her duties with a stony face during this period.


"I've heard a lot of things about that.  People will think about the competition rules and include them in the program!"


"Yes, that's how it is."


Rin-chan who was interested and looking forward to it, looked innocent and comfortable to look at.


She didn't know that in the second year, the situation was very depressing because everyone was praying for someone like me, who had a gloomy face, didn't participate in club activities and extra classes, to take the role.


Rin-chan didn't know about such realities, as she only wanted to have fun at school events.



PREV | NEXT