Chapter 20


TL: Akabane


TL: I know the translation is not good enough, but I hope you guys can keep reading it until finished~


***


Many things were happening at once, and the days were busy, but now that the members of the sports festival committee had been roughly decided, the students could finally live out their days more relaxed.


I went to school as usual, attended classes, studied with Rin-chan after school, and then went home.


As usual, no one came to the social studies room which was our study area, so I could spend my time quietly there.


"Here, I'll lend you my notebook...."


And then, about three days after that conversation, the chairman showed me her superhuman strength by solving all the problems and giving me her notebook.


I was very happy to see that she was able to do all the tasks.


"Thank you, you're very fast."


"If I really intend to do it, I can do it this fast...."


She was very strong in her words, but she looked weak when she returned to her seat, it was very unusual for her to look limp during class.


I felt sad when I saw her like that, but she said that she was determined not to give up, so I closed my mouth and gratefully accepted her situation.


During breaks and other free time, I forced Haruki to sit at my desk and taught him how to solve problems.


At the same time, I also made sure to memorize how to solve the problems based on her notebook.


In the end, the amount of work I had to do did not decrease.


Actually, the number of things I had to do had increased slightly, but thanks to the chairman's hard work, things were running quite smoothly in this area.  However, I still had to study during recess and after school, even though I had attended all the classes.


We are a progressive school, but we have to study hard.  Although our school is a preparatory school, it's not one of the most difficult schools in the country.


I had spent quite a long time studying when I was just a high school kid, not even a college student.


"Ugh......"


Normally, when I'm at home, I help my sister finish her homework, but in the past three days, I've become a useless brother who can't help anything.


When I got home, I just put my bag on the floor and lay down on the kitchen chair.  I could have been reprimanded, but she said,


"Okay, good job, Onii-chan.  You've worked hard.  I'll be done in a bit, so just rest and enjoy your time."


"Sorry..."


My sister didn't lose her focus at the sight of me beside her and continued to cook in silence.


Her woman aura was already floating in the air.  It was at a level where she could already get married.  But I won't allow it.


She seems to have risen to the level of a high-spec girl. As her brother, I'm proud of her.


"Rin was talking about you.  She said her studies were going well because you were so nice to her."


"That's because she's still a first year.  If they have enough time to do their work, they will be able to compete.  The talents and abilities of new students can't be measured."


"I'm sure you must be the reason. But, if Rin's grades keep going up and Onii-chan's grades don't change, won't Rin catch up with you later?"


"That's right, I will definitely lose my dignity later. That's why I'm feeling a bit depressed."


"It's good that you're self-aware."


Actually, I feel strange for being able to help Rin-chan to this extent.


Although we studied together, but it was just normal studying


When I was in the first grade of high school, there weren't many people who studied for difficult assignments or studied alone after school.


As my sister said before, if her grades kept going up, then I would lose my dignity.


I often looked at her grades, but I never showed her my grades.


"I'm sure she would have felt disappointed and said to me, "You talk so big, but you don't even reach my grades!""


I had to make up all my shortcomings through the chairman's notebook.


"Okay, it's ready!"


My sister, who had finished preparing dinner, sat down at the same table as me.


"Hey, Onii-chan."


"What?"


I looked up and saw my sister with a smile on her face.


Needless to say, I had a bad feeling about this.


"Tomorrow's Saturday, right?  I want to go on a weekend date with the cool Onii-chan who's been studying really hard."


"Huh?"


"I want to go shopping ........ do you want to accompany me?"


"But why?"


We have a routine of shopping on the weekends, and we are responsible for doing that.  And recently, we've been taking turns doing it every week.  But now, she wants to go shopping with me? Does she want me to carry her groceries?


"Why don't we go to a mall that's a little farther away, so that it looks like a trip?"


"Why do we have to go all the way there?"


"To change the atmosphere!"


".....What do you want there?"


"......"


"Just say it, I won't get angry."


My sister's face quickly turned serious.


The reason why I knew if there was something she wanted was because her eyes darted left and right.


It would be very easy to read if someone spoke in an unusual way.


"I want red okra!"


"Huh?  What?"


".......Okra, that's with the color of purple onions.  I want that!"


".....Huh?"


Honestly, I had no idea what my sister was talking about.


"I'm curious about a vegetable I've never seen before, even if it is a bit strange in color!"


"Huh?"


".....Onii-chan is replying "Huh" all the time, hmph!"


"Yes, yes, let's buy it."


"Ugh, it's embarrassing to go all the way there just to buy a red okra...."


"Well, does anyone know where we're going?!  I mean, it's much more embarrassing to go shopping with your own sister, you know!"


"That's sweet, you know!  You're too naive!  Moreover, there are many people my age who use it as their main playground!  I don't know if I'll meet someone there or not!  If I focus too much on picking red okra in such a place, then I'll......"


My sister said it with a blue face and a trembling voice.


I don't know what kind of imagination was in my sister's head, but it was rare to see my sister express so much emotion.


"Come on, Onii-chan!  You're good brother, don't you?!"


"If you insist, I'll come with you.  Are we going to have lunch there too?"


"Yeay, a treat!"


"I can't believe that I have to treat you.  ...... Don't order anything too expensive, okay?"


I actually didn't want to buy her anything, and if I had asked again if she wanted to go straight home after eating, she would have felt that it was a sign that I wanted to buy her something.


However, since she had done all the homework after school, I thought it would be okay to treat her once in a while.


"Yes, yes!"


"Oi!  Don't immediately search for something expensive on your phone!"


"I want to eat steak!"


"Ask your father!  He spoils you a lot, so he'll definitely grant it!"


I never thought that we would go shopping together after being high school students together.


Well, that means she doesn't hate me.


Although I tried to think of it as simply and positively as possible, I was still worried about what my sister would choose for her lunch menu.



PREV | NEXT