Chapter 19


TL: Akabane


***


At night, in my own room, I reported to the chairman that I was willing to take on the role of a sports festival committee member.


|| "Oh, that's such a relief!"


"When the time comes, you can throw the baton to me."


|| "Yes, yes!  First of all, I'll ask if there's anyone who wants to run, and if there isn't, I'll propose Touma's name!"


"Yes, let's do that."


I'm not the type to nominate myself, and it's possible that there are others willing to do so 


With that in mind, I'll let the chairman pass the ball to me at the right time.


That's because people would definitely be surprised if someone who had been silent since first year suddenly ran for it.


|| "I thought I would be the one to help you first, but it's the other way around."


"It's not just the chaurman's responsibility."


|| "Yes, it really helps.  The homeroom teacher left everything to me, even though I thought I could do it, but there's too much work that I have to think about one by one, and it's quite troublesome."


"I see..."


Actually, there was also a male chairman in our class, but can we really rely on him?


|| "Oh yeah, the math!  Wait a minute.  Sorry."


"No, no, it's okay.  If you're really busy, I'll just go to the teacher later and ask them, so don't push yourself too hard."


|| "No, let me do it!  I can't just let you go after helping me! And most importantly, I want you to know that I'm a smart student!"


"I know because all teachers differentiate their behavior towards model students."


|| "I'll do my best until you truly understand it!"


"If you say so, let's do it.  I'm really looking forward to it."


|| "Leave it to me! And use this explanation from me to teach the two of them too!"


"Yes, I'll do that.  After all, they are in a position where they cannot leave their respective club activities."


|| "Yeah, right.  When I was in first year, I thought I had attracted the attention of a flirtatious guy, but it seems like he still hasn't changed, right?"


"Did he?"


|| "Back then, I realized that Yuki liked me.  However, my first impression wasn't so good on him back then, because I felt like I was being ogled by him. If I think about it now, he was really rude."


I wondered if she realized it or not.  However, since she was silent, I thought the chairman didn't notice, but apparently she did.


"Do you realize it?"


Well, it's because you're too popular that you receive such attention.


|| "Yes, Touma should pay attention to Yuki and stay away from him so that you don't get infected by him.  What do you think?"


"Yeah, maybe."


I didn't expect her to realize it so deeply.  She managed to detect it well.


|| "Touma really appreciates the people around him.  I'm impressed."


"Really?  Even though I was just being careful not to make others around me feel uncomfortable with me."


|| "Yes, I feel that way.  Don't you realize that you have deep skills when it comes to romance?"


"Well, maybe.  If I had to say it, I think I should make a good impression that makes me look reliable in the eyes of girls."


|| "Hey, it's not that easy!"


"Ah, is that so?"


It's true that I'm not good at approaching girl.  It's also not uncommon that if you hang out with same-sex friends a lot, you'll get infected by them too.


Yukito and Haruki are basically the type of people who can get along with anyone.  That's why we got along so well.


When I look back at the past, I realize that I couldn't have done anything without those two.


|| "Hmm, but, this is quite a serious matter, isn't it?"


"I guess so.  I'm afraid that they'll hate me if I get too close with chairman."


|| "Well, so far, I'm rather easy to talk to, and I also have nothing but good things to say about you."


I thought it was because I had just started talking to the chairman, but I stopped thinking about it because I sounded like a humble person.


|| "Well, I know if Touma has his own problems too!"


"A while ago, the topic of our conversation was the chairman's boyfriend incident."


|| "What do you mean incident?!!"


"Well, because there's a possibility that your ex-boyfriend is still trying to pursue you..."


|| "Ugh...!  T-That's might be true!"


"Well, it's not good to talk about this like that. Then I'll get ready for tomorrow and go to bed.   Good night."


|| "Good night!"


Since it was over, so I tried to end the call.


|| "Ah, Touma!"


But, before I could do that, I was called by her.


"What else?"


|| "If you have any problems in romantic relationships or friendships, you are free to consult me if you want, so please let me know if you have any problems.  We are the Mabudachi now!"

[TL: Best friend.]


"Isn't Mabudachi an extinct word?"


It's been a long time since I've heard that word.  If you're a girl, do you still use it?  I haven't heard it again, since boys don't use that word.


|| "Impossible!"


"Yes, yes.  Thank you."


|| "Okay!"


Normally I would ask Haruki and Yukito for advice about friendship, but they might want to discuss it with the chairman, and there might be things that would change unexpectedly.


Well, maybe it's better to consult the chairman directly if there's ever a problem.



PREV | NEXT