Chapter 17


TL: Akabane


TL: I've already completed the translation. I hope the viewer keep increasing so that I can update 3 chapters per day until finished.


***


After that, we rested for a while and then went home.


When I got home, my laundry had been picked up and folded neatly, and my sister was concentrating on cooking.


"I'm home."


"Welcome back.  How was your first study session?"


"Since it was the first time, we only did the easy assignments. Rin-chan's entrance exam scores were very good and went well."


"I see.  I knew that she wouldn't get a bad score, but she didn't want to talk about her grades, so I was happy to hear it even through you."


"Ah, so she didn't tell you..."


Rin-chan has always been open about her grades to me.  I was used to it, so I told her without thinking.  Although they were friends, there were some people who did not want to tell their grades because it was considered private information.


"That's okay.  I understand her better than Onii-chan.  Anyway, I don't want to talk about it.  I have to do my best too or it will disappoint me!"


"Sorry."


"No, anyway, I'm glad to have been told good things.  And I can also see that Rin treats me with courtesy judging by the expression on her face these days."


"Well, she is indeed a good sister."


"Wait, Onii-chan, you just insinuated something about my personality, I thought you were only allowed to do that in front of me."


"No, that's right. I didn't say anything.  I'll be really careful next time."


"Alright.  You are a good brother who is willing to reflect on himself and try to be honest."


Around these sharp points, my sister actually had good communication skills with everyone.


But apparently, there were some parts that were harsh and inappropriate, and sometimes it was shown like this until it became a critical attack.


"I'll help you.  What should I do?"


"Well, can you put away the things that won't be used for cooking today and take out the things we need from the shelves?"


"Okay."


I helped my sister prepare the meal which she did wholeheartedly.


After dinner, I faced another math problem.


I could solve the basic problems, but if I couldn't solve the application and development problems, I wouldn't be able to get a satisfactory result in the exam.


There was no reason to lose marks just because it was an area I wasn't good at.  And most importantly, it would be a shame if my grades dropped after having a study session with Rin-chan.


If that happened, let alone Rin-chan, my sister would definitely feel disappointed in me.


Instead of getting angry and saying, "What are you doing?!" she would definitely worry about me.


I have to try harder than ever for both of them.


"But still, I can't understand it at all..."


Our high school focuses on building output awareness, and the answers to the pool of questions are only distributed with incomplete explanations.


If everything was here, I could understand why they were doing this.


"No, this is a waste of time.  I have to ask the chairman for help today."


I'll have to consult with her, although she'll probably be surprised by this sudden request for help.


I would tell her that I didn't understand the math problem via message.


After sending the message, I left the math class and changed course to English.


After about an hour, my cell phone suddenly started vibrating.


"Hmm...?"


I picked it up and saw that the other party was the chairman.


I pressed the accept button to pick up the call.


||  "Oh, you pick it up! Sorry, I just got home."


"No, I'm the one who should apologize for bothering you."


||  "I thought it would be difficult to type it over chat.  So I'll explain it verbally to make it easier.  Which one did you not understand?"


"It's simple, scope graphics and equations.  That's very difficult."


||  "Well, everyone says that too.  It's really hard."


"I've solved the basic problems, but I can't solve anything after that.  Please help me."


||  "Oh, you've done it?!"


"I'm not good at this, so I want to learn how to do it quickly.  I'm sorry.  I'm really desperate."


||  "That's okay, I'll help you.  After all, if you don't understand, you really should ask someone.  Well, it's not a bad thing to do."


"That's very helpful.  Thank you."


||  "No problem."


"Now, I owe the chairman one thing..."


||  "I haven't taught you anything yet, so I think it's too soon! .... Well, to be honest, I did want to ask you a favor too."


"What?"


The chairman wants to ask me for a favor.  If I can, I'll do it.


||  "For the June sports festival, we have to decide who will be on the committee, but everyone might not want to do it..."


"So, you want me to do it?"


||  "In short, yes.  Because you're not involved in any club activities, so you'll be able to talk to everyone, including the girls, and you also have a good image.  Based on my experience, it would be better to avoid a split in the class when talking about team sports."


"I see..."


Sports festival committee.  It was a temporary role that almost always existed in every school that held a sports festival.


They always held meetings during after school or even lunch breaks.  In other words, it was inevitable that my study sessions with Rin-chan would be affected.


||  "For the girls' quota, it seems to be safe, since I will be the one who doing it.  But, I need someone from the boys' side."


"You're right.  That can't be helped."


There are few students who join club activities, some may also have a negative impression of sports festivals, and most importantly, this job is troublesome, so there probably won't be any boys willing to do it.


||  "But of course, I don't think that you will have free time just because you don't have club activities.  If you feel forced while doing it, it would make me sad.  So, please think about it carefully!"


"Yes, I'll check my schedule and see if I'll be able to do it."


||  "Thank you very much!  Then, I'll help you answer the questions!"


"Thank you.  By the way, am I bothering you?"


||  "What do you mean? I should be the one thanking you for having the chance to chat!"


"Okay."


I enjoyed chatting with the chairman for a while until it was time for bed.


Although the explanation was complicated, but in the end, I managed to solve the hard-to-solve problem.


I didn't want to refuse the request of the chairman who had helped me, and I also didn't want my study session with Rin-chan to be interrupted.


From now on, I have to think more about how I should move and how I should use my time.



PREV | NEXT