Chapter 16


TL: Akabane


***


"Graphs and equations... I can't understand them!"


I've never had trouble in math before.  However, this one was completely different.


I couldn't understand why the shapes that I originally disliked were instead mixed with wavy lines and expressions.


If it was the probability of spin, even if it was twisted into a national exam level, there were many things you could do if you wanted to think about it.


Well, since it's like this, I'll keep working on it even further...


"Well, question 1 from page 69..."


"Sensei, didn't we do it yesterday?"


"Oh, sorry.  Then, question 1 from page 70."


Our actual teacher was on maternity leave, so the substitute teacher was teaching us now.


However, our substitute teacher was a bit too lazy.


According to everyone in the class, his way of teaching and explaining is very different from other math teachers.  This will probably cause our grade point average to drop because of this substitute teacher.


"If I don't work hard, then I'll be in trouble..."


After finishing the class that made me feel threatened, I went to the social studies room.


Apparently, Rin-chan had arrived first and the door was open.


"Ah, Nii-san, thank you for your hard work."


"Good job, Rin.  Is your class going well?"


"Yeah, the classes aren't that different from middle school, but it's tiring."


She said it with a smile, but I could see from her appearance that she looked tired.


"I used to experience it too, I was mentally exhausted.  There were a lot of people I didn't know around me, but luckily there were friends I knew, so I hung out with them.  Well, I'll definitely get used to it later."


"Yes!"


"Do you still have enough energy to study?"


"Of course!  I'll digest the assignment given in this hour little by little!"


"Okay, let's start now."


Rin-chan extended the study materials to the same table as last week and started working on her assignment quickly.


She opened her homework and started working on it.  Since it was still first grade, so everything was still at the level of a middle schooler.


If it was Rin, she would definitely be able to answer it.  She wrote the answers in her notebook in beautiful writing.


Needless to say she wrote better than my messy writing.


"I'll study too.  If there's anything you don't understand, don't hesitate to ask."


"Yes!"


I picked up the textbook and started reviewing today's math problems.


If I wasn't able to understand the basics one by one, then I wouldn't be able to understand the whole thing later.


I had to pay close attention to the explanations and solutions of the example problems and check what formulas to use and then solve the problems one by one.


The basic problems from the book were solved, but when it came to application and development problems, they couldn't be solved quickly.


If the chairman was able to solve this problem, then I had to ask her.  If that doesn't work, then I should ask the math teacher whose explanation is easy to understand.


Today's teacher's explanation is not clear enough, while the teacher who teaches the other class is also too fierce and often gets angry if someone consults him. 


It's hard for us students to answer questions if we don't even understand what we're doing.


"Huh?"


Unconsciously, I looked to the side where Rin was putting her pen on the desk and looking at me.


"Ah, sorry.  Do you have any questions?"


"No, I'm a little tired.  I'm resting."


"I see.  If you're tired, should we go home today?  Don't push yourself too hard, okay?"


"No, no.  I've never seen you study seriously before, so I really like it.  I want to see it for a while, so please continue."


"You said... you like it...?"


"It's because you always smile gently at me, so it's rare for me to see your serious expression like that."


"Do I look strange to worry you...?"


"No, no.  Even if you mislead your expression like that, I can tell by the tempo and tone of your voice that you're thinking about things."


"....It's sad, I didn't expect that I would look like this in front of the person I'm teaching."


"It's okay..."


When she was smiling cheerfully, she looked even cuter.


"I can finally see your expression when you're thinking hard."


"So, you want to see my other expressions?"


"Yes, yes! That's what I mean!"


"Are you interested in something strange?  Please don't do bad things just because you want to see my sad or angry expression..."


"Don't worry, I'll never do that.  Although there is one expression that I really want to see... that is, your sleeping face..."


"Just give up.  I will never fall asleep in front of Rin-chan."


"Eh?  Why?"


"It's because I'm embarrassed!"


There's no way I'm going to show you my sleeping face when I have chronic rhinitis and have to breathe through my mouth.


Snoring and sleeping with my mouth open is the worst.


"Well, if we stay together for a long time, there will definitely be a chance!"


"Let's flip it around, what if I'm the one looking at Rin-chan's sleeping face?"


"Uh... that..."


While showing a thinking look, her face reddened even more.


Well, Rin-chan was Rin-chan, and I thought her expression was easy to understand.


"You're embarrassed... aren't you?"


"But still!  I want to see your sleeping face with my own two eyes!"


With a red face, she stated firmly.


"....Even if I really do fall asleep in front of you, you still can't see my sleeping face!"


"Even if you forbid me, I'll make sure to see your sleeping face...!"


"If you can't, you can't!  Please obey!"


Rin-chan's frantic tone continued for a while.



PREV | NEXT