Chapter 4


TL: Akabane


***


I was spending my time in a state of trepidation when Igarashi told me, "You'll see." --I was scared, but he didn't harass me in any particular way.


If I had to say, I was only stared at by Igarashi when I tried to look at Kujo.


When he first spoke to me, I thought that Igarashi was threatening me because his childhood friend was about to be taken away from him. But maybe he was really just worried about Kujo.


That's what I was thinking - lunch break.


My thoughts were overturned in an instant.


"Enough!"


Behind the gym.


In a dimly lit place, Igarashi grabbed me by the chest.


"You haven't learned your lesson, have you? Stay away from Kujo. Didn't I tell you that a while ago?"


"I'm sorry, that's not possible. Unfortunately, that's impossible."


"It's not impossible!"


The grip on my chest is getting stronger and my breathing is labored.


I love Kujo no matter what he does to me. I'm not going to give in to something like this.


"There's no way my feelings for Kujo will disappear just because of you. ......"


"Tsk. If you were a smart b*stard like you always are, you would have backed out of this, but it seems you were an idiot."


"Ah. I'm afraid I've become an idiot because I love Kujo too much."


"Stupid. If you want to hate me, hate yourself for being an idiot."


He raised his clenched fist.


I couldn't bring myself to resist in the face of Igarashi's beastly, intimidating eyes.


"You garbage worm."


I'll still love Kujo even if he hits me. ......!


I closed my eyes and prepared myself, but the fist didn't hit my head.


"Wait."


I heard Kujo's serious voice just before I did.


"Eh."


I fearfully opened my eyes and there was Kujo stopping Igarashi's fist that was about to hit my head.


"Kujo, what the hell are you doing? He's a b*stard who's been following you around ......."


"Yanagi is not like that."


"Of course not. He just....."


"He just likes me. Right, Yanagi?"


"Uh, yes."


I don't know why, but Kujo stopped Igarashi.


"You said you like ....... I don't know what to say. I'm sure he's going to take advantage of you after this anyway! You haven't forgotten about the past, have you?"


"Of course I haven't forgotten."


To the furious Igarashi, Kujo replied with her eyes downcast.


"Then you know what will happen!"


"That's why he's not like that ...... Yanagi. Can I show you that thing for a minute?"


She holds her phone in one hand.


Don't tell me you're trying to show Igarashi my fake account?!


"Well, that's a little embarrassing ......."


"Even if it's embarrassing, if you don't show it, Igarashi probably won't be able to tell what Yanagi is thinking, right?"


"But."


As I was giggling, Igarashi's eyebrows were furrowed as if he had lost his patience.


"If you have something, show it to me quickly. Don't make me wait."


"I can show you. ......"


I was completely intimidated and forced to say it.


"What I want you to look at is this account ......."


"Account?"


Igarashi, who had been angry until a moment ago, suddenly changed his complexion from anger to fear as soon as he started looking at my back account.


"Hey, what the hell is this ......?"


He glanced at me and checked out what I had posted in my back account.


"'Cute cute cute...","I like you, I really like you. I like you too much","I think I'll like you.","I am prepared to help that person at any cost.”


He said what I posted, and the way he looked at me was the way he would as he had found a stalker.


Yes, I know the content of the post is pretty punchy, based on Igarashi's reaction, but ....... To be seen as a criminal is an infringement.


"I just love Kujo."


"----"


His mouth is gaping open and he looks dumbfounded.


Where was the ferocious Igarashi who grabbed me by the chest?


I just reiterated the feelings I've been saying from the beginning, so why do I have to get this reaction? 


"Ku, Kujo. You're okay with that, aren't you ......?"


"Yes, of course. That's why I took Yanagi's side."


"I don't think you're insane."


"Hmmm... Why? Why are you taking the side of someone who likes me, and why are you questioning my sanity?"


"--I haven't remembered you being that kind of person in a long time."


"?"


A "?" is floating around. Incidentally, I don't understand what Igarashi is saying as well.


While I was struggling with the question, Igarashi, who was talking with Kujo, walked up to me.


"You've got a willow, haven't you?"


"Ah."


Igarashi spoke in a whisper, probably to make sure Kujo couldn't hear him.


"Kujo said that. I ain't gonna get in your way anymore. If you want, I'll support you."


"Well, thank you very much."


"But if you like it, you can take my place."


"Okay. ......?"


What do you mean, "Take my place"?


Igarashi said something I didn't understand and walked towards the school building.


Following him, Kujo said, "I had an appointment!" she said and ran away.


The back of the gymnasium, where no one was left.


The back of the gymnasium left alone.


My heart was full of motivation, partly because Igarashi had said, "I'll cheer for you."



PREV | NEXT