Chapter 5


TL: Akabane


***


When Igarashi finds out that I've been posting messages of love to Kujo in my back account, he makes it seem as if the day he grabbed me by the chest had never happened.


As Igarashi said, "I'll back you up," he's doing a good job of talking down his classmates who have noticed how close me and Kujo have become.


He may be a nice guy, but I was living in fear of when he would reveal my fake account.


"But, Yanagi, don't you think that you look better in a more formal outfit?"


I was brought back to reality by the voice of Hashimoto, who was sitting in the seat in front of me.


"Sorry. What were we talking about?"


"Oh. Just now, Yanagi was saying what kind of clothes would look good on me~...... so we're thinking about it together."


"Oh, I see. Clothes."


"You've been living in fear of something lately, haven't you?"


That's my only friend.


He is quick to notice anything out of the ordinary.


"I'm scared, but it's not something Hashimoto can do anything about, so don't worry too much."


"......Fine."


Come to think of it, I don't think my relationship with Kujo has progressed since that incident.


The only thing that has changed is that for some reason I run into Kujo on my way to and from school.


I haven't been able to do anything about it.


"But I still think a tie would be nice."


"Hashimoto."


"Yeah, what?"


In a situation like this, it's always a good idea to talk to a senior member of the love scene first.


"Hashimoto, are you and your girlfriend getting along well lately?"


"What? What's that, suddenly ......?


"That's right, I'm the love cupid who connected Hashimoto and his girlfriend, and I want to hear how things have progressed since then."


"......Well, I think we've made a couple in our own way."


"Oh, well. I'm not sure what to expect."


"So? What do you want to hear from me, Yanagi-kun? This question is definitely not about me, but about love, right?"


Apparently, the senior romance guy could see right through my thoughts.


"--That's why I want you to tell me how to develop a relationship with a girl."


"Well, I guess so - ....... I'm sure any girl will be smitten if you do something that makes her swoon."


"What kind of things?"


"For example, do things like sharing an umbrella, wall-banging, kissing, getting help from a bad guy and says, "She's my girl!" or give her a hug from a bad guy with saying, "stay close to me ......""


He is usually calm, but he speaks strangely fast.


"Hashimoto's head is surprisingly filled with shoujo manga, isn't it?"


"I-I only read shounen manga, you know!"


Hashimoto hurriedly denied it, but it sounded like an agonizing lie to me after being taught such a fast-talking, crush-worthy thing.





◆ ◆ ◆ ◆ ◆ ◆ ◆ ◆ ◆ 




 


I have to do something that makes her swoon, apparently.


"Let's do our best ......" , "But what should we do ......" and so on, and before I knew it, the classroom was empty.


Orange light shines through the window.


Apparently it was already time to leave for school.


"I guess I'm no good after all. ......"


"I guess so. At least I don't think so, though, do I?"


Why is Kujo behind me?


I hadn't noticed .......


"How long have you been there?"


"I guess since Yanagi started thinking with a mysterious look on his face."


"Isn't that at the beginning?"


Kujo was happy with the reaction she had expected, and sat down in Hashimoto's chair with a laugh, "Mm-hmm."


Maybe this is the perfect opportunity to develop our relationship.


"Don't walk away from me ......."


"What's up with you all of a sudden?"


Apparently, this kind of thing should only be said in appropriate situations.


"Nah, it's nothing. Don't worry about it. ......"


In the first place, it is impossible to make Kujo kinky in the way that people advised me to do.


Perhaps Kujo, who is the owner of good looks that would make anyone's eyes glaze over, would be used to being told such a thing.


"I don't mean to bother you, but ....... Since a while ago, there's a wrinkle between Yanagi's eyebrows, so I'm wondering what he's thinking about."


"Cute."


Ah.


I just said what I'm always thinking in my head.


"You mean what I'm thinking is cute?"


She pouted her lips in disapproval, "Mmm ......."


I can't lie in front of Kujo.


"Yes. That's right."


"You're not ...... making fun of me, aren't you?"


"Of course not. By cute, I literally mean that Kujo is cute, right?"


"I see. If that's the case, it's fine."


Kujo breathed a sigh of relief.


......It's too late to ask this question, but what does Kujo think of me? 


I think it's not that she don't like the fact that I've been posting my thoughts on the back account for a long time, but she don't avoid it...


I'm going to go out on a limb here and ask.


"Kujo!"


"Wow. What happen?"


"...... Kujo, what do you think about me?"


"That's a very in-depth question, isn't it?"


"Oh, no, you don't have to answer if you don't want to. ...... But if you leave it like this, I'll think you're interested in me, won't I?"


"Yanagi, it took him a while to confess his feelings for me, but once he shakes them off, he does bold things. I like that about you."


I was so excited that my heart jumped out of my skin when she said that.


I didn't expect her to say something so favorable.


"I don't dislike you, Yanagi."


If she said that to me, it was like she was saying she liked me.


My head was not meant to say that, I thought, but I converted Kujo's words on my own.


"Huh? Yanagi, what's wrong?"


"Ah, ah, yes. Gosh, I'm sorry. I didn't think Kujo would say something like this, so I was so happy that I ended up ......."


"I'm the one who's happy."


The face she turned to me as she said that was a big smile that would be too much for a shady person like me.





◆ ◆ ◆ ◆ ◆ ◆ 





"...... Okay. Now my fake account is complete."



PREV | NEXT