Chapter 3


TL: Akabane


***


Kujo talked to me in a friendly manner while I was going to school, but as soon as I entered the school, she started to distance herself from me.


Maybe that's because she was concerned about me being seen around her. I was glad that she was concerned about me, but I was a little sad that she made me feel as if the distance that I had managed to close in one day was not there at all.


-- It's okay, Kujo did not treat me like a complete stranger after all.


She gave me a small wave when we happened to see each other in class, or smiled at me when we happened to pass each other in the hallway. Indeed, there was the value of the relationship we had built up yesterday.


I feel that my school life has become much more beautiful than it was a little while ago because of my confession.


"Huh. ......"


"What's wrong? If there's something wrong, I'll listen to you."


The sigh of joy I let out because reality was like a dream was met with a voice of concern from the front.


Short hair like a man. The first person, the way she spoke, the gestures were those of a man. If I didn't hear her voice, didn't see her figure, and only had this represented in print, I would have mistaken her for a man.


No matter how much she acts like a man, she cannot disguise the unevenness of her chest or her high voice. 


Such is the woman who is like a man - Mei Hashimoto, turned concerned eyes on me.


"I'm fine."


"I see. ...... I hope so."


Hashimoto is the only friend I've made in high school.


I'm sure it's partly because we happened to be seated near each other at the beginning, but it's also because Hashimoto spoke to me that we've become such good friends that we can worry about each other's well being.


"Hashimoto is really a nice person, isn't she?"


"Hey, what's this? What's with all the praise?"


"No, no. I'm just praising you. ......"


"No, no, I'm just giving you a compliment. ...... does that mean I'm attractive?"


"Oh. I think Hashimoto's charm is as infinite as the universe itself."


"Hehe. Is that so?"


"You think I'm lying?"


"Hehe. I don't think so."


Hashimoto, who usually acts like a man when she's not talking to me, has a melting face that is always soothing to see.


"Oh."


Just as Hashimoto turned her head to face forward, her eyes met Kujo's.


It looked like a few people were talking about something over there, and he stared at me, though she didn't seem to be able to wave her hand.


I didn't know what to do, but I smiled at her and she smiled back happily.


I don't know why she is being so nice to me, but I feel like I am about to explode with love.


I immediately go to the bathroom and decide to post a message of love on the back account.


[I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you...]


[Why so much!!!!]


[I love you. I really love you. I really really love you.]


Phew.


I finished posting my message of love and got out of the bathroom.


Then....


"What's going on?"


Kyo Igarashi, who is in the same class with me, called out to me, and glaring at me.


I was sure Igarashi was the guy who was always talking near Kujo. Don't tell me he found out about my fake account like the other day?


"Did you do something?"


I still don't know what the reason is for him talking to me, so I speak up forcefully so he doesn't lick me for being a shady guy.


"Tsk. Did you do something? I heard that ...... you went to school with Kujo today."


Ah.


"I don't know what kind of method you used, but I'm sure it wasn't a good one. --Get away from her right now. If you do that, I won't do anything to you."


I was completely threatened, but I was unable to make a calm decision because I was being told to stay away from the person I love.


"What's your relationship with Kujo?"


"Oh? We're childhood friends."


"If that's true ...... then it's wrong for you to stop me and Kujo."


"Of course not. I've stepped on the garbage worms that cling to Kujo over and over again. I don't want my precious childhood friend to feel like sh*t."


"...... Don't tell me you're after Kujo?"


"No!"


The powerful voice made me involuntarily take a step back.


No matter how much I bluff, I'm still a shady person.


It seems I can't argue with him any more.


"Even if you want to step on me, I won't let you do that to me."


"Oh, let's see."


I glared back at him and turned my back to Igarashi. The sound of footsteps behind me faded away.


"Haa. ......."


The steps back to the classroom were heavy, incomparably heavier than when I went to the bathroom.



PREV | NEXT