Chapter 11


TL: Scaramochi


***


[When do you think you like someone?]


I'm still DM-ing with Rinka tonight.


I can't help but wonder why Rinka thinks I haven't noticed her yet.


[I don't think the feeling of liking someone is limited to when. I'm happy just being with them. I'm happy just by looking at them. When I feel that way...... I naturally like them. So, I think there are triggers for liking someone, but I don't think it's possible to instantly fall in love with them.]


[I see. If that is the case, then maybe I already like someone.]


[Yes. That's right. I didn't realize I had a crush on you right away either. You don't have to be in a hurry with....... It's not a matter of adjusting to your surroundings, but of finding your own pace.]


[I see.]


At first  she was only asking about me, but lately she's been talking about things like love.


I had assumed that Rinka was experienced, so teaching her is fresh and fun.


[By the way, can we meet sometime?]


Indeed, this is too fresh.


***


I arrived 10 minutes before the designated meeting time, but the person waiting for me was already there.


"Hello. I'm 'Kujo@Ura-Ka'. Who are you?"


She was wearing a deep hat, hiding her face.


No matter how she hides it, it's Rinka no matter how you look at her.


But here, let's go with Rinka.


"I'm 'one-sided love shadow man'. What should I call you?"


"Kujo, no...... Rin, no......."


I swear she was just about to say Kujo and Rinka.


"Akako, please. What should I call you, Mr. one-sided love shadow man?"


"I'm......."


Could this possibly be a way to legally have her call me by my first name?


"Takato, please."


"Takato? Is that okay?"


"Yes."


She fumbled her hands, unable to hide her agitation.


Rinka's flustered look is also cute. 


"Well then, Takato. Where do we go now?"


"I haven't decided on anything in particular....... Akako-san, is there somewhere you want to go?"


"I'm glad you asked."


With a crisp face, I was taken to a café that was collaborating with an anime.


An anime with a white, round character as the main character. I've never seen it, but inside the café...... there were only women.


As I was looking around, Rinka, or Akako, turned to me with a happy look on her face.


"Is something wrong?"


"Hmm? No, no, no........ Actually, I came here partly because I wanted to go to the collaboration cafe, but I also came here to get a couple-only strap."


"Couple?"


"Huh? Did you not like it? ......I have a crush on someone."


"No, no. I'd be happy to be the couple."


"Fufufu. I knew you would say that."


Since there is someone in front of me who has a crush on me, I would gladly become a couple.


Rinka ordered this cake as a couple in order to get a strap.


It was made with lots of fresh cream and plenty of big strawberries.


The cake that arrived...... is as big as a big eater would eat.


"Wow, it looks delicious!"


Rinka doesn't seem surprised....... She doesn't look like she can eat much physically.


I have to show my manly pride here.


""Bon appétit!""


"Pppu~. That was delicious."


She was licking the cake. She was licking it completely.


At first I was eating at a speed that surprised Rinka, but gradually my stomach began to growl and by the middle of the meal, the cake was no longer in my mouth.


The reason the cake on the plate was gone was because it had gone into Rinka's stomach, even though I couldn't eat it.


I wonder where in my body that much cake went.


[It's kind of like a date, isn't it?]


Rinka told me that in DM even though I was right in front of her.


I wonder if she's embarrassed?


[Yes. I'm really happy to be able to do something like a date with that longed-for Rinka.]


"Eh?!"


Oh, shit.


"Ri, Ri, Ri, who's Rinka?"


My hand slipped and I typed her name, but Rinka is still trying desperately to hide it.


Rinka in front of me is glancing at me and my phone, waiting for a reply.


"Sorry. I made a mistake. That...... a girl I like and have a crush on is named Rinka. You and that person look a lot alike, so I just thought of her."


"I didn't realize that. But I'm Akako."


"Yes. I'm sorry, Akako."


"Fufufu..."


I heard a laugh that I can only capture as, "I'm glad you didn't find out."


How long will I pretend not to notice - no, I'll wait until Rinka tells me herself.


It would be better for me, especially that way.


"Well then, should we get out of here soon?"


"Yes. ......Are there any places you want to go next?"


"No, I don't. I don't really have any special place in mind. I'm not sure where we are going to go next."


"Then let's just go."


"Okay."


The date continues, even though Rinka thinks she's hiding her true identity.



PREV | NEXT