Chapter 12


TL: Scaramochi


***


"I have a place I want to go."


I said, and after eating my fill of cake, I came to a planetarium.


We lay down and watched the constellations.


We were in a couples' seat, so my attention was not on the constellations, but on Rinka, who was lying down next to me.


Narration and music in my ears.


We were supposed to be doing something healthy, watching the planetarium together....... The fact that I was practically sleeping with her made my heart pound.


Rinka, who was lying next to me, was only suggesting it herself, and she was whispering with delight at the sight of the stars, saying "Wow!" and genuinely enjoying the planetarium.


I never knew that Rinka was interested in constellations. No, I didn't know what Rinka was interested in in the first place.


But today, I learned what the person I have a crush on likes. Compared to the days when I didn't make any progress, this step was a big one.


"Whew.........."


I heard a sleepy yawn next to me.


After eating a ridiculous amount of cake, we came to this sleep-inducing place.


It would be weird not to be sleepy.


"----"


I tried to tell her that she could go to sleep, but Rinka had fallen asleep before I could.


I shook her shoulder and she didn't wake up, she's sleeping like a bomb.


"Cute."


I really wanted to capture her sleeping face in the picture, but this was a couples' seat in a planetarium.


There were real couples making out all around us, not like us, so it would be annoying. Or rather, it was impossible, since the rules prohibited us from turning on our phones once we started in the first place.


"Whew.........."


Rinka, who suggested we go here, was having a blast.


In the middle of all this, I had nothing to do, so I just sat there looking up at the night sky.


Like Rinka, I had eaten my fill of cake. 


***


My consciousness was sinking little by little, even if I didn't intend it to.......


"Hey, isn't that you? Yanagi?"


My consciousness was awakened by the voice of a woman coming from next to me.


"......Hashimoto?"


"Yeah."


Hashimoto was in the next couple's seat.


She was dressed in a tight white and black shirt, and although she was a woman, she looked more masculine than I did lying down.


Next to her was a woman in a frilly pink dress.


She looked at me in trepidation and hid behind Hashimoto.


"Hey, Yanagi. It's been a while."


"Oh, yeah. Long time no see."


She was the one Hashimoto was dating, she - Ringo Shizune.


We were friends, and I was the one who brought her and Hashimoto together.


The two of us originally started as a couple because of Ringo's one-sided love. So now, me and Ringo were in a very similar position.


If I had a chance to ask again, I would love to know how to get to the stage of being a couple.......


"Meiyi."


For some reason, she avoided me.


"Shizune....... It's rude to Yanagi who brought us together."


"B-Because, the way he looks at us, it's not the way he looks at couples."


"Ugh."


It was true that my eyes might have changed after seeing a little real yuri in front of me.


"Shizune. Maybe it's because he's worried about us. You see, Yanagi is in a one-sided love right now."


"Oh, really?"


"Yeah. That person is the one next to him:......."


They created a space just for the two of them and started talking, ignoring me.


As Hashimoto began to speak, Ringo's eyes, which had been looking at me with trepidation, gradually began to change. What she was talking about was the details of my unrequited love.


Perhaps Ringo was making a link between her old self and the me of today. I couldn't help but notice the way she glanced at me.


"Well, we'll be taking our leave first."


"Yanagi, see you."


"Oh."


The two of them left the planetarium, perhaps thinking of me and Rinka.


Coincidentally, there was no one in the nearby couples' seats.


There were people making out a little further away, but I guess they didn't have us in their sights.


"The stars over here are......."


The projected image was moving forward, leaving me out of the unexpected event.


The ceiling was already a different night sky from the one I had seen a while ago.


I had never been interested in planetariums, but my eyes were strangely drawn to it.


"What?"


A hand from next to me hits me with a tap.


Rinka's soft hand, warm from her sleep, knocked against one of my hands.


Rinka hadn't woken up yet.


I wondered if she was a bit of a bad sleeper.......


"Nn......"


"Hii!!!!!!!!"


Rinka hugged me.


Her head thrashed around, like a hug pillow.


A fluffy sweet smell began to waft through my nose, and then she wrapped her entire face around me.......


"Hehe."


My head couldn't stand the scent of the sweet perfume and the close contact that was born from the tight hold on my arms.


I shorted out.


"So......."


The planetarium's announcements continued.


I was still thinking about it, but it didn't seem to be getting into my head at all.


Rinka mistook me for her hugging pillow.


Rinka's sleeping face, which I usually couldn't see.


The beating of Rinka's heart that I could feel from being too close to her.


Rinka's cute sleeping words.


Rinka's Rinka's Rinka's Rinka's Rinka's Rinka's Rinka's Rinka's Rinka's Rinka's Rinka's Rinka's.


"Oh, I can't wait to vent in the backroom."


I tried to remember this sensation, this feeling, but I couldn't beat the feeling of Rinka's embrace.


It was a dreamy situation, being hugged by Rinka, but I slept soundly.


"Customer...... customer......"


"Hmm?"


"Hmm?"


The staff member woke me up, and Rinka and I yawned as we walked out.


It was just before evening before we entered this planetarium, but the sky was getting darker.


Apparently we had been asleep for quite some time.


"I fell asleep, didn't I?"


"......yeah."


Rinka's voice still sounded a little sleepy.


Alright. This was the place to wake up.


"I don't want to go home like this, so why don't we walk for a bit?"


"That sounds good."


We started walking down a dimly lit street with not many people on it.



PREV | NEXT