Chapter 16: Sleepover Date


TL: Akabane


***


As soon as I get back to my room, I remember something.


"...... Oh yeah, I have to hide it while I can."


While Sasaki is cooking, I move the things in the room that I can't show to another place.


I'm glad that the "Ayane Kiraboshi Gravure Photo Book" on the bed caught Sasaki's attention earlier, but if she had found the "stuff" under the bed that I'm afraid to name it, she would have beaten me up like she did at the café.


Thank you Ayane Kiraboshi. Thanks to you, Ayane Kiraboshi didn't beat me up. (I don't know what that means.)


I sat down and waited quietly, and then I smelled something good coming from the kitchen.


I've never had a home-cooked meal from a girl before.


Sasaki is also a proper girl (even though she was an idol) and is she a good cook or ......?


Come to think of it, she was trying to peel potatoes with a knife earlier, but I'd better tell her where ...... the peeler is. If she injures her fingers with the knife, she's in trouble.


"Sasaki! The peeler is hanging next to the sink!"


"Yes, I know!"


Wait ...... it's not just knives. What if you get burned by a hot pan?


"Sasaki! Don't touch the hot pot!"


"What? I wouldn't touch it."


No, not yet.


She might accidentally slip on the handle of the pot when she dish it up.


"Sasaki! Hold the pot firmly..."


"What did you just say!"


An angry Sasaki appeared from the kitchen with a ladle.


"Don't worry about me like an overprotective parent!"


"Yes I am!"


"Don't treat me like a child!"


Sasaki snapped and went back into the kitchen.


Of course, Sasaki is living alone, right?


My bad habit of worrying came out, I regretted it.


I went to check on her in the kitchen a few more times, but each time she got angry with me, so I decided to wait quietly in my room.


--After 20 minutes of waiting, she said to me


"Makishimaーーー it's done!"


Sasaki, in a good mood, brought the finished dishes one after another.


"Oh ......!"


Potato salad, potage soup, and pasta with meat sauce.


Western-style dishes that didn't look right on the tattered chabudai in the room were lined up.


"It looks so delicious!"


"I made it quickly with what I had in the fridge, so I couldn't do anything elaborate, but ...... Makishima scored the points as promised, so I was a bit enthusiastic."


"When you promised me dinner, did you mean a home-cooked meal?"


"Yes, I'm a good cook."


Sasaki says shyly and urges me to eat.


They all look delicious.


I picked up my fork and ate the potato salad first, then the pasta.


"Yum, it's so good!"


"Right?"


"Since it's Sasaki, I imagined it would be perfect on the outside, but not on the inside."


"Hmmm ....... Now, if I slip and this fork gets stuck in you, no one will see it and it won't be a problem, right ......?"


"I'm sorry."


Sasaki put down the fork she was holding up and began to eat the pasta as it was.


Oh no, I almost stained the pasta meat sauce even redder with my blood.


"I'll get you another serving."


"Oh."


"I made enough for about five more servings of each, so don't be shy."


"......What?"


What did you just say ......?


Didn't she say something about five cups?


Sasaki stands up and brings a pot, a platter, and a bowl from the kitchen in that order.


"Makishima is a boy, too, and he needs to eat a lot."


A bowl full of potato salad, a potage soup in a pot slice, and a mountain of meat sauce pasta on a platter .......


Oh, hey, that's a quintessential ...... too much.


"Look, can I add more pasta?"


"Oh, oh......."


I was full just looking at the amount of refills, but I managed to eat it all without leaving any leftovers, making full use of my stomach, which had been trained during my boys' school days.


***


Sasaki seemed satisfied with my having finished the meal.


Conversely, I, who was suffering from overeating, was waiting for my food to be digested while counting the spots on the ceiling.


"My food tastes so good that you eat too much... Makishima has a cute side too."


Sasaki has been tsunting my bulging belly since a while ago.


I wish she'd stop, because it hurts me when she pinches me with those pink nails.


"I'll wash the dishes later. I'm sorry for worrying you today. I'll call you tomorrow, so go home."


I was about to get up when Sasaki grabbed my shoulder.


"I'm going to stay here tonight, right?"


"What?!"


"?"


"Huh⁈"


I desperately tried to hold my hand back from the monja (vomit and diarrhea) that was coming out of my mouth in surprise.


"Oh, hey! You're staying here?!'


"Yes."


"In my room?!"


"Yes."


She nodded, as if it were a matter of course.


"Maybe it's not a good idea?"


Sasaki looked somewhat forlorn as she lay on her back on the bed next to me.


"I'm worried about Makishima. If something unusual happens in the middle of the night, I'll be in trouble."


"But, but! Don't you want to stay in my room?!"


"I don't want anything to happen to Makishima."


"Sasaki......!"


No, no, no! Sleeping in the same room with that Ayane Kiraboshi is not a good idea!


I don't want her to hear me snoring or something and think I'm gross. ......


...... But I can't let Sasaki's feelings go unchallenged either.


Sasaki is only concerned about my condition and is staying with me.


It doesn't get any more intimate than that. ...... right?


"Wow, I get it. If you're going to go that far, can I take your word for it?"


"Can I stay the night?"


"Oh, yeah."


I nodded, and Sasaki smiled her usual dazzling smile.


Why does she look so happy?


"Well, I'll get right to it. ......"


"What?"


"Let's take a bath, shall we?"


............Yes??????



PREV | NEXT