Chapter 15: Room Date Suddenly (Dere Dere Cooking)


TL: Akabane


***


When Sasaki came to my room, she found out that I had bought a photo book of Ayane Kiraboshi's gravure photos yesterday as a prayer for victory.


As she opened the page showing Ayane Kiraboshi sipping tropical juice while riding on a float in a black bikini, Sasaki removed her glasses and mask and looked unhappy.


"Why did you buy my gravure?"


"......I thought it would be a blessing if I bought Ayane Kiraboshi's photo book before the match."


"That's a lie!"


"No, it's not a lie!"


I took the photo book back from Sasaki and put it away on the bookshelf.


I had not expected this to happen, so I was caught off guard.


"Please, Sasaki. Pretend you didn't see this."


"No."


"I didn't buy it out of jealousy! It's just that, you know, I was curious and happened to see it in the bookstore yesterday, so I bought it."


"The fact that you suddenly became so talkative is even more suspicious."


Sasaki stares at me with cold eyes while crossing her arms.


"Why are you buying this when the real thing is right in front of you!"


"B-Because......"


"Because there's no loofah!"


"Ah, just like you! If there's a cute ex-idol nearby, of course I'd be interested in ...... their photo albums and so on!"


"What......?"


What am I talking about ......?


It's taboo to bring up the Kiraboshi era to a retired Sasaki.


Besides, buying photo books from the past or something like that would simply be considered creepy. ......


"......Seriously?"


"Sorry! I'm taking back what I said before--"


Sasaki silently steps toward the front door.


Oh, I made you angry, didn't I?


Just when I thought Sasaki was about to leave.


"Yosh!"


Sasaki picked up her shoulder bag that was lying in front of the doorway and carried it to my room.


"Here, I'm going to cook dinner, so wait over there."


Sasaki stood in front of the kitchen in the hallway, pointing toward her room.


"You're not mad, are you?"


"...... I'm older than you. I won't be ...... mad at what you're doing with my photo album."


Sasaki responded with a nonchalant look on her face.


"You're looking at me like that⁈ That's so gross!" I thought she would be more furious like that, but ...... Sasaki is also surprisingly mature in some ways.


I went back to my room as I was told and sat down.


"Hey, Makishima!"


I hear Sasaki's voice from the kitchen.


"Am I cute?"


"...... Well, I've never seen anyone prettier than you (a national treasure)."


There was a clunk from the kitchen, as if something had been dropped.


"Are you okay, Sasaki!"


"Yes, I'm fine, I'm fine! I just slipped."


She slipped, so I think I should help her.


"I'm fine! You just sit and wait!"


I'm not sure what to say.


Sasaki seems so clumsy.


I was so worried that I sneaked out to the kitchen, where Sasaki was peeling potatoes with a big grin on her face.


Do you like peeling vegetables that much?


I went back to my room without saying a word to her.




--


We're in first place for the day and the week!


Thanks to all of you! Thank you so much!


--



PREV | NEXT