Chapter 18: Ex-dol Wants To Shed Her Back


TL: Akabane


***


Beside filling the bathtub with hot water, I was sitting on the bath chair while Sasaki washed my back.


"Makishima's back is surprisingly big."


"Is that so?"


"Yeah. ......"


The only sound I can hear is the sound of the bathtub filling up with hot water.


Sasaki's behavior has been strange since a while ago.


Her voice seems to be mellowing .......


"...... Hey Sasaki. Don't tell me you're not getting embarrassed about this situation now?"


"Ha, I'm not embarrassed!"


I see, from the way you deny it, it seems you are getting embarrassed.


"I thought you were wearing an undershirt, so you're fine."


"Shut up! Come on, lift up your arms."


"Arms? Oh......."


I did as I was told, and as soon as I lifted my arms, Sasaki's hands entered my sides.


Surprised, I responded with a "nn" in my voice.


"What's wrong, Makishima⁈"


"Wow, my armpits are fine! I'll wash them myself."


"Really?"


"The armpits are a quirk of ......."


"Why?"


This girl can't understand unless I tell her from one to ten.


"The armpits are what ...... eh?"


"Really?"


Hah ...... too scary for a former purist idol.


In Sasaki's case, she has knowledge of ecchi things (like the product she found in her purse), but she's not very good at conceptual knowledge.


"Do you want me to wash your hair too?"


"No thanks. I have to take care of the scratches on my head, I'll do it myself."


"I see."


Leisurely, Sasaki sits on the edge of the bathtub and hums a tune.


The song was by Genesistars, a commercial song that was often played on TV about two years ago.


"I knew you were a good singer."


"Of course. I used to be an idol. How could I be bad?"


"Is that how it is?"


"Yes. No matter how pretty you are, if you are tone deaf, you can't be the center of the 90 Genesistars."


Hearing that, I once again feel the awesomeness of Ayane Sasaki as a person.


"If you're Sasaki, why didn't you just go solo after you quit being an idol?"


"Solo? Like an actress?"


"Oh, oh. I don't know the details, but idols often change careers after they retire."


"Well, are these people who have switched careers getting to the top of their game in other industries?"


"Well, that's ......."


"If they retire, that's the end of Kiraboshi Ayane as a top idol. It's only a matter of time before they get bored even if they enter other industries."


If you ask me, that may indeed be true.


I haven't seen many entertainers who retire from popular idol groups and reign supreme in other industries.


"The idol Kiraboshi Ayane already died two years ago. That's why that gravure that Makishima bought, it looks like a relic to my eyes now."


"Oh, hey, don't say that kind of thing. Every time I see your photogravure, I'm reminded of you."


"Oh, come on, don't be like that. And I'm glad I retired from show business. I have my next goal."


"Goals?"


"Yup. Well, you may never know, Makishima."


Saying that, Sasaki picked up a washbasin, filled it with bath water, and splashed it on my head, which was bubbling with shampoo.


"Bwah! Oh, hey! What are you doing?"


"I was just wondering how long you'd be lathering up. If you don't get soaked in hot water soon, you'll catch a cold this time, okay?"


"Oh, oh ......."


As I soaked in the tub after rinsing my head off, Sasaki, who was sitting a little on the edge, put only her feet in the tub and kept looking at me silently.


"Do you really need to look at me so much?"


"Because I'm worried. I don't want you to suddenly lose consciousness."


But then, perhaps because she was bored with her free time, Sasaki started flapping her legs and playing with them.


I always take a long bath, but it's time to get out for this girl.


"......That's right, Makishima?"


"What?"


"Can I come in too?"


"...... I don't mind. I was just about to leave, and I'll be right behind you..."


As soon as I said that, Sasaki got into the bathtub without saying a word, sitting on the floor.


The hot water overflowed as Sasaki entered, causing the clothes she was wearing to float in the water.


Her white practice shirt was transparent, and inside I could see the black undershirt I always wear.


"Why don't we just be together?"


The two of us stare at each other in the bathtub, sitting in chair.


I don't know if it's because the bath is hot or because I'm upset about this situation, but I start to sweat funny.


"Hey, I feel like we're doing something ecchi things."


"You started it!"



PREV | NEXT