Chapter 19: Bathroom Games And A Promise Of A Date


TL: Akabane


***


A former beautiful girl idol (20) and an ordinary male college student (18) are in the bathtub together, cowering in the tub, an odd sight.


The male college student has a towel wrapped around his waist, while the other former idol is bathing while wearing black soccer shorts and white practice shorts.


...... This bathhouse looks like a special kind of magazine scoop, doesn't it?


Sasaki's been silent for a while now, and I don't know what she's thinking.


"Hey, aren't you acting a little strange today?"


*What do you mean?"


"You seem awfully close to me. ....... I appreciate that you came to my house because you were worried about me, but you suddenly said you were going to stay over, and even now we're taking a bath together. ......"


"......"


Sasaki silently soaks herself up to her upper lip in the hot water, pouting and bubbling, and stares at me intently with her eyes.


"Hey, why don't you say something?"


"*Pouting."


"I don't get it anymore."


As I'm holding my head, Sasaki makes a water pistol with both hands and attacks me in the face.


I was frustrated because I had no idea what this girl was trying to do, and I accepted Sasaki's attack without resistance.


"Makishima, you're not flippant, go ahead and fight back. Come on, come on."


Sasaki was moving her index finger in a quirky and provocative manner.


Irritated, I stood up and poured hot water on Sasaki as the bathtub overflowed with hot water.


"You did it!"


Sasaki stood up, defeated, and we poured hot water on each other in the small bathtub.


What a pointless fight. But somehow, for some reason, it was just a little bit fun.


"Mooo, we've run out of bath water."


"What do you want?"


Sasaki was soaked from head to body.


Her hair and clothes were wet and dripping.


Her soaked clothes were sticking to her body, which accentuated her slender figure.


I was soaked to the skin, and the water was dripping down her body.


I bent forward and got out of the bathtub.


"I'm getting out of here."


"What? Let's do it again and have a second round!"


"You're like a kid! If we make another batch, we'll run out of hot water for the day!"


I opened the sliding door of the bath and a little chill air came in.


"Can I take a shower?"


"Sure, but I don't have any shampoo or conditioner for women."


"I'm fine! It's okay! ...... is also possible that we smell the same."


"Hmmm? What's wrong? Should I go out and buy some now?"


"No, no, no! I was wondering if I could borrow your loungewear if you have it."


"I'll bring you some loungewear later, and you can put the ones you're wearing in the washing machine with some water."


"Yes, please."


The sliding door closes and I hear the shower.


I wipe myself off next to it, change into a jersey, and come back to my room.


I sipped a glass of water after my bath.


I sipped my natural water and waited for Sasaki.


"Damn, Sasaki's so childish when she talks about herself as a big sister..."


After drinking the water, I open my phone to find a text message from the coach.


Oh, the coach? Oh no!!!  ...... I'm not replying right away?!


[I'm putting you on leave for a week starting tomorrow].


Recess ......?


[I know about the concussion, but you're overworking and pushing yourself too hard. Get some rest.]


I could feel both the severity and kindness of the coach from the text.


I can't practice for a week. ......


From high school until now, I've never been free for a week.


It's frustrating, but it can't be helped.


The overwork has been pointed out to me before, and I guess the coach decided it was a good opportunity.


I wrote back, "Yes, sir."


"Now, I need to find a change of clothes for Sasaki."


I went through the wardrobe and picked out some loungewear for Sasaki.


There were no clothes in Sasaki's size, but I picked out a T-shirt and soccer shorts that were as small as possible and left them in the bathroom.


When I opened the wardrobe to put an end to the mess I had made when I picked out the loungewear, I found that Sasaki was wearing the same clothes as I had worn before, but in a different size.


I went to ...... and looked at the second shelf of the three-drawer wardrobe.


The moment I pulled out the second shelf of the three-tiered wardrobe, I felt a strange sensation.


"Funny ......."


I picked up the DVD that was in the chest of drawers.


Before I ate dinner, I hid all of my stuff in the bottom of the first rank of the wardrobe.


And yet, only on the second level, the DVDs were tucked between my clothes.


"I'm pretty sure I hid all of them at the bottom of the first tier. ...... Wait a minute."


I check the clothes above and below the product.


It was a ...... black undershirt.


"What the hell?"


I fall to my knees.


Did Sasaki's see the ......?


No way! Hey, tell me it's a lie!


"Makishima, thanks for the clothes."


"......"


Sasaki came back into the room wearing my blubbery white T-shirt and red shorts.


Wiping her short brown hair with a towel, she smells my clothes again.


"Yeah, yeah, smells like Makishima."


"...... Hey, Sasaki, that's not the point. Did you see it?"


"Did I see it......? Ah."


Sasaki's face hardens.


I looked at the DVD in my hand and wiped the sweat from my forehead with a towel.


"You saw it ...... didn't you?"


"I didn't see it! I didn't see "Doki-doki, a desert island tag game with a bunch of older people! If you get caught, you'll get chome-chome!""


"I knew you saw it!"


***


"Makishima is a boy, right? But I thought the title, "Doki-doki, a desert island tag game with a bunch of older people! If you get caught, you'll get chome-chome!" was a bit ...... creepy."


Sasaki, blushing as usual, attacks me directly.


Someone, please colossal me.


"But you know what! I think it's not bad at all that Makishima likes older girl."


"Sorry, Sasaki. I'm going to get some air."


"Makishima⁈ No need to be so depressed."


I went outside to catch the night breeze.


"Huh......... I thought that Sasaki girl was really creepy in my mind, right?"


I'm downcast and staring out of the apartment hallway toward the courtyard when a creepy guy with a natural perm suddenly appears from the elevator next to my room.


"Hey, Makishima. You look good."


"Isn't that Azaki, hmm? What's are you doing this late at night?"


"I'm here to give you the reward from the last party. You see, tomorrow afternoon, Tokyo Frontier's Section 3."


Azaki hands me two SS seat tickets to the match.


"The spike ones will arrive next week, so I'll give them to you at practice."


With that, Azaki turns on his heel, waving his hand.


"Ah, Azaki ......!"


"What's the matter? Not happy with your SS seat?"


"Not that! Sorry ...... but I'm banned from practicing for a week."


"I see. I'll give it to you the week after next."


"You're kind of cold, aren't you?"


Asaki came back and patted me on the shoulder.


"...... Anyway, get some rest. You're my precious partner. You should rest now so that we can play an active role in the first team together."


Azaki said, in an uncharacteristically handsome tone, "Well then," and got on the elevator to leave.


Together with Azaki...


"I'm going with you, to the first team."


I missed practice because of a concussion, I had a hard time even though I scored a point, and also, Sasaki found out about my sexuality, which is all very unreasonable.


"Welcome back, Makishima. Have you cooled off?"


I go back to my room and offer my ticket to Sasaki.


"Sasaki, why don't you go out with me tomorrow?"


"What?"


I take a solid week of rest.


This is what I need to do to climb one stage higher.



PREV | NEXT