Chapter 6: Former Idols Want To Go Out (Making Out On The Train, Too)


TL: Akabane


***


Sasaki's favorite cafe is three stops away from the university. (We ended up going there.)


It was just the end of the rush hour, so the train was a little crowded, but when I got on, a seat opened up right in front of me, so I gave up my seat to Sasaki and grabbed the strap in front of him.


After all this time, it's surprising that people don't realize that this guy is Ayane Kiraboshi.


If you look closely at her hair and eyes, you would instantly recognize her. ......Her hair color is darker brown than when she was working, and you can't see her mouth because of the mask, so people only think, "I can see the resemblance, right...?"


As I stare at Sasaki with this thought in my mind, she blinks her eyes and stares back at me.


I didn't mean to pick a fight with her.


We rode the train for a while without talking to each other, but Sasaki kept looking at me without doing anything.


Thinking there was something she wanted to talk about, I started up the notes app on my phone and wrote a quick note before handing it to Sasaki.


[You can't speak out loud, can you? So why don't we talk in writing?]


[Fine, but why were you looking at me earlier?]


I see. That's what you were looking at me for?


I wasn't looking at you for any particular reason. ......Oh, yeah.


I decided to ask something that had been bothering me since this morning.


[I thought there was no headband today]


When I wrote that and handed it to her, Sasaki wrinkled her brow.


[I overslept and forgot to put it on.]


Come to think of it, she came into the classroom later than I did.......


I'm not sure if she's a morning person or not.


I chuckled, and Sasaki held out her hand as if to say, "Give me your phone quickly."


[Don't laugh, idiot! You overslept yourself too.]


[How do you know I overslept?]


When I replied, Sasaki quickly covered her mouth with her hand.


We're not talking, but we do that in gesture.


Just then, we arrived at our destination station.


Sasaki stands up and gets off the train with me, handing me back my phone.


"So, how did you know about this?"


"Well, it's because ...... you usually sit in the front seat, but today you were unusually seated in the very back."


"Oh ...... really..."


I was about to say, "That's very insightful" when Sasaki slapped me on the back.


"No, that's not it! It's not like that!"


"Hey, what's going on?"


"Hmph."


Sultry Sasaki walked through the ticket gate first and quickly walked away.


This guy has quite a troublesome personality, doesn't she?


This must be the reason why she clashed with the members when she was an idol.


I follow Sasaki out of the ticket gate.


"Hey Sasaki, fix your mood!"


"I'm not mad at you!"


Then why are your cheeks so puffed up?


Sasaki's puffy face is visible even through her mask.


When I pressed her puffy cheeks with my index finger, she let out a "puheheh" sound.


"Hahaha, what's with that voice!"


"Mou!"


"......Look, if you stay mad at me forever, your pancakes will taste bad too."


"Mwah......."


Her cheeks swelled up again, so I pushed her the same way I did before, and she let out a "puheh" sound.


"Well, Makishima, you're so used to it, aren't you?"


"Used to it?"


"I mean, how to treat girls. You seemed to enjoy talking with other girls at the party."


"I've never been aware of that. ......I went to a boys' school in high school, so I just talk to girls like that."


"I see, Hoshin--"


"Hm?"


"Nah! It's nothing! I'm going to go to my favorite café soon."


A 10-minute walk from the station, in a residential area.


There was a small wooden café tucked away in the middle of the street.


On the blackboard in front of the store was a sign that read


"Couples only! Extra Large Fluffy Souffle Pancake Set" was written on the blackboard in front of the shop, and Sasaki looked at it with a twinkle in her eyes.


"Makishima! Hurry up and go!"


"You get so excited when it comes to pancakes, don't you?"


"Of course I do! When I was an idol, I had a show called "Ayane Pancake Tour"! Pancakes are so fluffy!"


Ignoring Sasaki, who is talking about her love of pancakes with such enthusiasm that her glasses are fogging up, I enter the cafe first.


The owner notices me and walks over to me, saying, "Welcome!'


"Two people, please."


"Yes, yes!"


"Hey, Makishima! What are you doing in here without permission?"


Sasaki, who had been talking about her love of pancakes like a spell in front of the store, came into the store.


"Oh my, were you Ayane's boyfriend?"


B-Boyfriend......?!


"I'm not really...."


I tried to deny it, but Sasaki intervened between me and the store owner.


"Oh, yeah! I saw on social media that there was going to be a couples-only section, so I brought him here!"


"Oh my. So ...... this is the boy."


This sense of distance ...... seems to indicate that the owner and Sasaki are good friends.


Sasaki and I sat down facing each other at a table by the window.


"I'll be right with you. Ayane, can we just order the couples-only set?"


"And a sandwich, please. I haven't eaten anything yet today."


"Yes, please. What about your boyfriend?


"I'm fine."


After we finished ordering, the owner left with a smile on her face.


......She probably knows that Sasaki and I aren't dating.


I have a bad feeling about this.



PREV | NEXT