Chapter 5: Ex-Idol Wants To Go Out (Sermon and Reconciliation)


TL: Akabane


***


The two of us, who had our student ID cards taken from us by the professor and our student ID numbers withheld, were given sharp looks by the professor until the end of the lecture.


After class, Sasaki and I exhaled a sigh and left the classroom.


"Hey! I got my student ID number withheld because of Makishima!"


"............"


"Because you keep messing with me like a child..."


"............"


"What's wrong, Makishima? You seem a little depressed."


"......I got into this university on a recommendation, and even though it's half price, the tuition here is still very expensive, and I'm also a scholarship student. So if my grades in that lecture drop because of what just happened, I won't be able to ...... meet my parents."


"I'm sorry, it was my fault, don't be so down."


"Haa......"


When I was feeling down, Sasaki patted me on the back and tried to cheer me up.


I'm an idiot, and my grades are my lifeline, one credit at a time.


"That's right. Hey, Makishima? We'll do your own training another time, and for a change of pace, we'll go to the place I reserved..."



"That's no good!



"What ......?"


"I have to do my own training."


"......I see."


I turn on my heel and head towards the field with my backpack and shoe bag.


What's the hurry, me?


Taking it out on Sasaki won't help anything.......


I'm sure Sasaki is pissed off, too.


I can hear the same boots all the way from behind me.


I'm sure this is the sound of Sasaki's short boots.


Yes, Sasaki has been following me the whole time.


"............"


"............"


We were both silent for a long time, but I got numb first and stopped.


"Say, Sasaki."


"What?"


"......Well, I'm sorry about earlier. I know you were surprised by my sudden anger, didn't I?"


I apologize, and Sasaki hears it and starts laughing right in front of me.


"Pu--Puhahaha. What's that?! Why are you apologizing, Makishima?"


"Because, if you think about it, it all started when I forgot my resume, and I could have prevented this incident if I had told you beforehand that I was going to practice on my own after class."


"No, that's not true. I'm the one who gave you the printouts, and I'm the one who made the reservations at the restaurant without your permission. I was the one who snapped at you and got angry with the professor, so it's not Makishima's fault. Besides, I'm the one who ...... blamed you for everything, so I'm sorry."


Sasaki beamed with embarrassment.


I was surprised to see Sasaki apologize so honestly, since I had thought she was a former top idol and a bundle of pride.


"Sasaki is surprisingly honest."


"Surprising is superfluous. I'm your older sister, so I'm more graceful than you.


"Yesterday you were telling me that since we're both in our first year of college, I should treat you as if you were my sister, and now you're trying to make out that you're older than me."


"What did you say?"


"......I said I'm quitting my voluntary training today."


"What ...... does that mean?!"


Sasaki opens her eyes wide while holding her mouth with her hand.


"I'll go with you to wherever you want to go for a change. You've already made reservations, haven't you?"


"Yes. But, are you sure you don't want to practice on your own?"


"......Actually, I've been feeling a bit overworked this week, so the coach has stopped me from practicing on my own."


"You've been trying to practice even though you're overworked?"


"......Ah."


"You're just like the old me."


Sasaki muttered, staring off into the distance.


Sasaki.....?


"Everyone gets impatient when things don't go well. When I was an idol, before I became the center, I was always in a hurry too. But you know, Makishima. The amount of practice does not equal the result. You should keep up your pace."


Sasaki said, taking my shoe bag from me and running forward.


"I'll hold it for you. Let's go."


As a top idol, you were running ahead of everyone else, so why are you close to me, who belongs to the 2nd army?


I start walking alongside Sasaki.


"Thanks, Makishima."


"Sasaki ....... anyway, where are you going now?"


"My favorite cafe!"


"Cafe?"



"Yeah! There's a pancake that you can only order if you're a couple, and it's a reflection of us!"



"............"


I look at Sasaki with stern eyes.


"What's wrong, Makishima?"


"You've been trying to do that all along, haven't you?"


"No, that's not true!"


"You're right on the money."


I took the shoe bag back from Sasaki and turned toward the ground.


"Well, I guess I'll go to practice."


"Wait, Makishima!"




--


Author's note:


Please follow my work and give me a star rating if you like.


I'm trying my best to post every day!


Thank you for your support!


Hoshino


--



PREV | NEXT