Chapter 11: The Convenience Of Sharing The Umbrellas


TL: Akabane | PR: Danielle


TL: Sorry for the late update.


***


The day after, I realized that I had been enjoying my time at the manga cafe with Yuzu.


After lunch, I left my house to go to the arcade.


When I was a student, I used to play in the arcade in the shopping center while shopping, because Yuzu and I had the same hobbies and tastes. If I say, "Let's spend Sunday at the arcade!" then Yuzu must have had the same idea as me.


Therefore, I decided to outsmart it this time by playing at the arcade in a shopping district I don't frequent.


"Okay, she's not here." [Kouhei]


After confirming that there was no Yuzu on the station platform, I got on the train and headed to the shopping district. I walked through the busy street and made it to an arcade. Around the doorway, there were gadgets and crane games, and of course, there was Yuzuhana as well...


"..." [Kouhei]


(Not again!)


Even though I've been hiding behind the crane games, I'm gonna get caught by her! What should I do? I could have turned right and went to the shopping mall, but Yuzuhana's walking towards me. There seemed to be a present that she really wanted in there and she began putting in coins like mad. I don't know when she started playing it, but Yuzu isn't good at crane games. She seems to have a hard time getting it for herself. However, according to my memory, the clerk at this shop was a kind person.


After a while, the clerk should take pity. If the clerk put it in a position where you can easily get it, then you will be able to get it easily and you will be satisfied with your gift. For now, let's take a walk in the shopping district for about 30 minutes.


As I had just decided, the phone in my pocket vibrated. It was an email from Yuzuhana.


[Please give me a tip about crane games from your acquaintances.] [Yuzu]


It seems she didn't realize that she was being watched by me here.


[Who are my acquaintances?] [Kouhei]


[Anyone is fine.] [Yuzu]


[If you just want to be told, you won't be able to learn anything.] [Kouhei]


[Did you think that I was asking you to teach me?] [Yuzu]


[Yeah.] [Kouhei]


[Where does that confidence of yours come from?] [Yuzu]


[Look to your left.] [Kouhei]


Yuzu turned towards me. Her face turn red. She just realized she was dancing in the palm of my hand which made her embarrassed.


And of course, I still got involved with Yuzu today, but...


"Well, I was here with my acquaintance a while ago!" [Yuzu]


"That reason is hard to believe, because I've been watching you for a while now." [Kouhei]


"If you are indeed watching me, then you should call me!" [Yuzu]


"If you want to know the tips, then tell me the truth." [Kouhei]


"I-I'm stupid." [Yuzu]


"Well, I can't be that evil either." [Kouhei]


"Then, can you help me?" [Yuzu]


"Which one do you want?" [Kouhei]


"That one. Nyandas." [Yuzu]


"Ah, so you like Nyandas, huh?" [Kouhei]


Nyandas is a character from the popular game Capsule Monster. Contrary to his sleek and agile appearance, he was actually sluggish and besides, he was surprisingly weak, so he would fall down with one hit every time he was went up against an opponent.


"Well, I've been having a hard time with this crane game ... so, do you know what the trick is?" [Yuzu]


"I know, let's do it there. Do you like Nyan Star?" [Kouhei]


Yuzu shook her head while pointing at the stuffed animal in an easily accessible place.


"I want Nyandas. I want to decorate my room the way it used to be." [Yuzu]


"Did you manage to get it back then?" [Kouhei]


"I got it in one shot, so I think I'll be able to take it this time too." [Yuzu]


"How much money have you spent now?" [Kouhei]


"About 3 thousand yen." [Yuzu]


"You're too addicted." [Kouhei]


"It's because you didn't call me before!" [Yuzu]


"Sorry, that's because you'd be mad if I call you." [Kouhei]


"I won't be mad because I'm the one who is calling you now. So, what's the trick?" [Yuzu]


"First, call the clerk." [Kouhei]


"Why?" [Yuzu]


"Because that's the easiest way to get it." [Kouhei]


"That's the trick?" [Yuzu]


"That's the most appropriate way. You already spent 3 thousand yen, so they will definitely adjust it." [Kouhei]


"Then ...please come with me." [Yuzu]


"Why?" [Kouhei]


"Because I'm nervous. Let's go there together." [Yuzu]


She grabbed my sleeve and pulled me lightly. I was brought to the clerk like that when her back was shaking. Yes, I'm aware.


"Oh, excuse me. I have spent more than 3 thousand yen, but I can't get a reward. So, can you change the position?" [Yuzu]


"No problem. What do you want?" [The Clerk]


When she guides the clerk to the game crane box, she moves it near the drop opening.

[TL: The Clerk is a woman, maybe.]

[Dani: Yep! The clerks a woman~]


"Then, what are you going to do? Should I get it for you too?" [The Clerk]

[Danielle: Clerk lady please join my bi-harem!]


"Since it's like this, then please let me try it one more time." [Yuzu]


She put in her coin and operated the crane with sharp eyes. She got it smoothly and Yuzu hugged Nyandas happily.


"I got Nyandas! I got it! Have you seen it!?" [Yuzu]


"Yes, I saw it." [Kouhei]


"This is my skill!" [Yuzu]


"But I'm helping you too." [Kouhei]


"Wow, I know that. I'll buy you some juice as a thanks." [Yuzu]


After the stuffed animal was acquired by Yuzu, she walked out of the game center, probably because the AC was working too hard and making her cold.


However, there was a 4-year-old girl who looked sick in front of the vending machine.


"Hey, what's she doing?" [Yuzu]


"Isn't she lost?" [Kouhei]


"I know that too, okay? The reason why I'm asking you is why is she crying over there? What do you think? Could it be that she has a stomachache?" [Yuzu]


"But she doesn't look like her stomach is hurting." [Kouhei]


"Of course, she doesn't look sick, but she might be sick. I'm going to talk to her now, so don't get in my way." [Yuzu]


"Who's stopping you? I'm just worried about her." [Kouhei]


"Just leave it to me." [Yuzu]


"I want talk to her too, but I'm embarrassed." [Kouhei]


"The embarrassed line doesn't work given who said it..." [Yuzu]


"Onee-chan face look scary." [Miu]


"I'm sorry, but I'm not as scary as this Onii-san." [Yuzu]


"My face isn't scary, okay?" [Kouhei]


"Yeah, but you look angry." [Yuzu]


"Well, it's different. But I'm not angry." [Kouhei]


"Onii-chan is so kind!" [Miu]


"Well, well. Look, you guys are so close!" [Yuzu]


She took my hand and swung it. The girl looked relieved when she saw us holding her hand.


But, the moment she remembered that she was lost, she started trembling again.


"Are you separated from your mother?" [Yuzu]


"Yes..." [Miu]


Her mother wasn't there when she had stopped by the vending machine. If she just got lost a few minutes ago, then her mother should be still nearby.


"Can you tell your name to this Onee-chan?" [Yuzu]


"...Miu Miu." [Miu]


"Did Miu-chan come here with your mother?" [Yuzu]


"Yes, but when Miu was looking at the stuffed animal, mother was gone...." [Miu]


"It's okay, I'm the same as Miu-chan and I like stuffed animals." [Yuzu]


"Yes, I like Nyandas!" [Miu]


"Me too, Nyandas is really cute. Here, this is for you." [Yuzu]


"For me?" [Miu]


"Yes, I'll give it to you. So, stop crying and let's find your mother with Nyandas!" [Yuzu]


Miu-chan nodded brightly. She wanted to find her mother ... but she shouldn't be too far from here.


"Let me do it myself, you can stay here with Miu-chan." [Kouhei]


"Wouldn't it be better if we do it together?" [Yuzu]


"It would be a problem if we were in the wrong place. I think she is still nearby, so if I call her out loud, then her mother will find no problem." [Kouhei]


"Are you not shy?" [Yuzu]


"Of course, I'm shy, but I can't leave the lost child alone." [Kouhei]


"Look Miu-chan, Onii-chan seems to be looking for your mother." [Yuzu]


"Onii-chan, do your best!" [Miu]


"Thank you." [Yuzu]


"Onee-chan, please support Onii-chan too!" [Miu]


"Ah, should I support him too? Well ... do your best!" [Yuzu]


"Oh-oh, Thank you." [Kouhei]


Somewhat timidly, I stood in the street where many people were walking and called out,


"Miu-chan's mother! Miu-chan is here!" [Kouhei]


While the passerby looked at me with varying expressions, a young woman rushed over to us.


"Are you Miu-chan's mother?" [Kouhei]


"Yeah, where's Miu?" [Miu's mother]


"She's there." [Kouhei]


Pointing at Miu-chan, her mother softened her expression as if feeling relieved.


Miu-chan smiled and greeted her.


"Mama!" [Miu]


"I'm relieved. I've been looking for her everywhere because she suddenly disappeared." [Miu's mother]


"Miu was looking at a stuffed animal! Then, Onee-chan gave it to me!" [Miu]


"Thank you. I'll pay for it." [Miu's mother]


"No, it's fine ... instead, please take good care of it, okay?" [Yuzu]


"Yes! Miu will treasure it!" [Miu]


She hugged Nyanda tightly while holding her mother's hand, and left with a smile.


When they disappeared, Yuzu suddenly clouded her expression. She gave the Nyandas to comfort Miu-chan, but she didn't really want to give it to her.


"If you really want it, then I'll get Nyandas for you." [Kouhei]


"But if you don't spend another 3 thousand yen, won't you be able to change the position?" [Yuzu]


"We can't get it without doing that. Because a thousand yen is enough." [Kouhei]


"Can you get it in one shot?" [Yuzu]


"I haven't played a crane game lately, and one shot sounds really hard. So, what do you think?" [Kouhei]


"How about I give you 10 bottles of juice?" [Yuzu]


"Do you want to crush my stomach? Just one, okay?" [Kouhei]


"Then ... do your best!" [Yuzu]


After that, we went back to the game center, and battled it out with the crane game for the first time in a while. The crane dropped Nyan Dozen and crashed into Nyan Star. With rolling around, Nyan Star fell as well.


"Oh, another thousand yen! You can get another thousand yen!" [Yuzu]


"No need to exaggerate, okay?" [Kouhei]


"But my pride won't allow it!" [Yuzu]


"Yeah, yeah." [Kouhei]


"The Nyan Star, let me take it." [Yuzu]


"But, isn't Nyandas better?" [Kouhei]


"Yes, but I like Nyan Star." [Yuzu]


With that, Yuzu happily hugged Nyan Star. I wanted to get Nyandas for Yuzu, but if she liked it, it would be fine, right?


"Take care of it, okay?" [Kouhei]


"I'll take care of it even if you don't tell me. And thanks for getting for me." [Yuzu]


"Hmm." [Kouhei]


(Don't flutter just because you're given a thanks. Although I don't feel uncomfortable with the feeling.)


"By the way, haven't you forgotten your promise?" [Kouhei]


"Of course. You can choose whatever you want." [Yuzu]


"Whatever I choose? The price is the same you know?" [Kouhei]


***


I left the arcade with Yuzuhana. And while I was drinking juice, it started to rain.


"Ugh, seriously? I didn't bring an umbrella." [Kouhei]


"Didn't you see the weather forecast? They say the chance of precipitation is 30% in the afternoon." [Yuzu]


"But it almost never rains if it's only 30%. Well, though it won't be a problem if we spend some time playing the arcade until the rain stops. What will you do?" [Kouhei]


"I'm going home. I haven't done my math homework yet." [Yuzu]


"It's true, I forgot the homework too." [Kouhei]


The math teacher is a guy teacher who looks like a physical education teacher. He's as rude as he looks and I'm still traumatized by being harshly scolded by him when I forgot about my homework.


"Are you going home too?" [Yuzu]


"Yes, goodbye." [Kouhei]


"How about your umbrella?" [Yuzu]


"I can buy it at a convenience store." [Kouhei]


As we were talking, the rain started to fall harder and harder. If I don't buy an umbrella, then I'll be soaking wet by the time I get to the station.


"If you don't mind, you can share the umbrella with me." [Yuzu]


"...How many juices do you want?" [Kouhei]


"I don't need compensation ... I have a big heart! Unlike you." [Yuzu]


"Then, excuse me..." [Kouhei]


With a smile on her face, Yuzu opened her umbrella from her bag. The open umbrella was quite narrow for two people to use, and our shoulders were touching. But, I didn't feel uncomfortable, unlike when I first woke up.


***


Dani: Couple quick notes. A few words denote certain emotional responses but they never translate well so I made sure to include those lines. That aside, I just love their stupid chemistry and want to give them both hugs. They should get back together and resolve their problems like adults! It's clear the two of them acted selfishly and immaturely rather than realize that the two of them have to work together and communicate! Ugh, I hope they learn. I now ship them.



PREV | NEXT