Chapter 10: Couples (Despite Reluctantly)


TL: Akabane


TL: Beacause I need a fast update, so for this chapter I did the proofreading myself.


If you find any mistakes, please comment below.


***


It turned out that our goals were the same and we entered the manga cafe while competing.


At the same time, the clerk greeted us who arrived at the counter with a smile.


"Is it for two people?" [The Clerk]


""No, I'm alone!"" [Yuzu & Kurose]


"I'm sorry. It's busy now and there is only one seat available." [The Clerk]


"Then give it to me!" [Kurose]


"No, me!" [Yuzu]


"Yield to me!" [Kurose]


"You should be the one to yield! You have a lot of manga at home right?!" [Yuzu]


"But I want to spend my time at the manga cafe today!" [Kurose]


"Me, too! I've been fantasizing about reading some of the manga I've wanted to read since this morning!" [Yuzu]


"Then, I'll lend you the manga I have at my house! So give me that places!" [Kurose]


"It's true that I want to read all the manga on your bookshelf, but I hate the thought of having to borrow it from you!" [Yuzu]


"How do you know about the contents of my bookshelf?!" [Kurose]


"I saw it that time when I was allowed to shelter in your house from the rain!" [Yuzu]


"Then, I'll give you the key, so go back to my house now! My family is out till night!" [Kurose]


"Why should I spend my time alone in your house?!" [Yuzu]


"Because I want to play in manga cafe alone without you!" [Kurose]


"Excuse me. If you two knew each other, would you like to play on the shared chairs?" [The Clerk]


"What is a shared chair?" [Kurose]


"What kind of chair is that?" [Yuzu]


"That's a couple's seat" [The Clerk]


""We're not a couple!"" [Yuzu & Kurose]


"But even though it's called a couple's seat, it doesn't mean it's limited to couples." [The Clerk]


The clerk say it with a troubling expression. He look uncomfortable now.


"What should we do?" [Yuzu]


"What do you mean what should we do? I can't keep bothering the clerk, so I can't help but choose a couple's seat." [Kurose]


"Is there another option beside that? It's uncomfortable without a barrier though I don't mean to talk while reading manga." [Yuzu]


"Me too. I also want to read manga in peace. That's why I went to the manga cafe." [Kurose]


"So, how many hours do you want to stay?" [The Clerk]


""Unlimited "" [Yuzu & Kurose]


After that, we headed to our room after paying.


***


I've been visiting this manga cafe for a long time, but this is the first time I'm sitting in a shared chair. When I entered, it was a bit cramped for two people.


......Damn, I'm late!


While sitting on the sofa, Yuzu put down her bag and left quickly.


Just in case, I kept waiting Yuzu until she came back and when she's back, it was my turn to go pick a manga. And when I came back with the manga gag in my hand, Yuzu was wearing glasses.


"This is the first time I've seen you wear glasses." [Kurose]


"Yeah." [Yuzu]


"I think it suits you." [Kurose]


"Don't mind it." [Yuzu]


"But it's true, right?" [Kurose]


"That's right. I have poor eyesight, so I should wear glasses." [Yuzu]


"I like it. It's not a shameful thing to spend time wearing glasses." [Kurose]


"You care about it too much. But no one really cares about my appearance." [Yuzu]


"It's a matter of feeling. I can't go to school wearing these resemble gloves anyway." [Kurose]


"Don't talk about glasses and thimble gloves in the same dialog. Even though I say that wearing glasses was embarrassing, but I still needed it." [Yuzu]


"That's right. I've shown it to you many times before. Isn't that a bit weird?" [Kurose]


"You're very persistent, you said it suits you." [Yuzu]

[TL: They're talking about gloves.]


"I'm not saying that it suits me." [Kurose]


Yuzu turned her face away and interrupted my words without permission and she began to continue reading.


Besides Yuzuhana, I also started reading manga.


At first, I was worried about Yuzuhana, but gradually, I became immersed in the manga—


"Ha ha." [Kurose]


"What?" [Yuzu]


"Nothing. I'm just laughing." [Kurose]


"Really?" [Yuzu]


"..." [Kurose]


"..." [Yuzu]


"....Why?" [Kurose]


"I'm curious. What are you reading?" [Yuzu]


"This..." [Kurose]


When I showed her the page that made me laugh, Yuzuhana burst out laughing too.


"Ah, that's right. When will the anime be released?" [Yuzu]


"It will be made within 5 years. I think all the people who working on the anime really have good eyes." [Kurose]


"Hey, I heard there was a lot of censorship at first, but the content is interesting, wasn't it?" [Yuzu]


"That's true. I thought it was weird for me to laugh while reading manga that wasn't popular at all. But I was relieved when I saw Yuzu laughing at too." [Kurose]


"I wonder if my stomach will be curly by then." [Yuzu]


"By the way, you often suddenly laugh when you're sleeping." [Kurose]


"That's because it was hard for me to laugh when I was in college." [Yuzu]


"Back then, you were so crazy about it and said, 'Pinch my hand so I don't laugh anymore.'" [Kurose]


"That's quite useful." [Yuzu]


"It's useless. The pinch even didn't work to you" [Kurose]


"That's because your pinch doesn't hurt, I can't feel it." [Yuzu]


"Then, what's the point of me pinching you?" [Kurose]


"Forget it. Just leave the manga after you finish reading it. I want to read it that too." [Yuzu]


"Hey, what are you reading?" [Kurose]


"This.." [Yuzu]


"Ah. I like the authors." [Kurose]


"Yes, Especially the third volume. I can't wait to read more of it since I skipped it in the past." [Yuzu]


"I'm also worried about the outcome of the popularity of the vote." [Kurose]


"It will be announced next month, but currently, it will be announced 12 years later. Well, Antony has been decided to be number one." [Yuzu]


"What? Isn't that Anju?" [Kurose]


"That's a shounen manga, right? The main character definitely decided to be number one." [Yuzu]


"In some cases, the heroine will be number one. Anju is really cute." [Kurose]


"It's true that Anju is the strongest and cutest, but she will lose the votes to Chloe and drop to fourth place." [Yuzu]


"Ah. That's right. But, it was Anju when the popularity voting deadline was almost over. When I saw it, I voted for Anju." [Kurose]


"Wow, an epic comeback! .....It's a bit hot here, please turn on the AC." [Yuzu]


"It's not hot." [Kurose]


"It's hot." [Yuzu]


"Not too hot. if you think it's hot, then you should take off your cardigan." [Kurose]


"Ecchi!" [Yuzu]


"Im not ecchi!" [Kurose]


"Hentai!" [Yuzu]


"I'm not hentai!" [Kurose]


"Really?" [Yuzu]


"Okay, okay. I'll turn it on, so please concentrate on reading your manga." [Kurose]


Then I turned on the air conditioner and continued reading.


Cold air clung to my body and my body trembled.


"It's cold....." [Kurose]


"Did you say something?" [Yuzu]


"No." [Kurose]


"You said it was cold, don't you?" [Yuzu]


"If you could hear it, why are you pretending not to hear?" [Kurose]


"Because you looked ignorant when I asked you about it. The AC is really cold, isn't it?" [Yuzu]


"You just overheated, didn't you? Can I turn off the AC?" [Kurose]


"No. But, since the sweat on your hands will stain the manga, so I can't hold it in anymore. Here, I'll lend you my cardigan." [Yuzu]


"Are you serious?" [Kurose]


"Yeah. I can't read quietly if the person next to me is freezing. So, hurry up and put it on before you catch a cold." [Yuzu]


"Don't complain if my scent seeps into your cardigan, okay?" [Kurose]


"I'm not going to complain about it." [Yuzu]


"Okay. If you're cold too, please tell me straight away. If the person next to me is freezing too, I won't be able to read at peace." [Kurose]


"If that happens, I'll take it off the cardigan from you." [Yuzu]


"Ecchi!" [Kurose]


"I'm not ecchi!" [Yuzu]


"Hentai!" [Kurose]


"I'm not hentai! Stop it, don't say stupid things anymore, put them on quickly!" [Yuzu]


"Yes, yes." [Kurose]


When I put on the cardigan, a sweet scent comes along with it.


I continued reading while being enveloped by Yuzuhana's scent.


By the time I finished reading, I was starving, and I decided to bought some fries and went back to the couch.


"The smell seems to stick to my clothes." [Kurose]


"But you like it, right? Because you always order it every time you go to a family restaurant." [Yuzu]


"At that time, I was self driving, so I could eat it without etiquette. But now, I'm going to get on the train, the people next to me will definitely think, 'Oh, this guy just ate fries.'" [Kurose]


"Because the one sitting next to you is me, so I don't mind it." [Yuzu]


"But still, it's embarrassing to think that someone else smelled fries from me." [Kurose]


"I don't think so, French fries doesn't smell like that." [Yuzu]


Suddenly, she bring her face closer to me.


She snored slightly and her cheeks starting to turn red.


"Can I eat this?" [Yuzu]


"If you want to, please take it yourself." [Kurose]


"Thanks!" [Yuzu]


"Don't eat it all, okay?" [Kurose]


"I'm not that evil. Ahn...." [Yuzu]

[TL: She ask to be fed.]


"Okay, I'll feed you." [Kurose]


"If I take it myself, my hands will get dirty." [Yuzu]


"So selfish." [Kurose]


"You said selfish again, right?" [Yuzu]


"No." [Kurose]


"Yes—!" [Yuzu]


I'm forcefully stuffed the fries into her mouth to silence her.


"With ketchup, too." [Yuzu]


"..." [Kurose]


"You must be thinking that I'm a selfish woman right now, right?" [Yuzu]


"No." [Kurose]


After slathering ketchup on the fries, I brought it close to her mouth—


The fries fell on her dress.


(Sh*t....)


"Sorry!" [Kurose]


"It's okay. You're not very good at feeding people. Even when I had a fever, you also fed me porridge, and ended up spilling it on my futon." [Yuzu]


"To be more precise, it's because you blew on it while coughing." [Kurose]


"I don't remember that because I had a fever at the time." [Yuzu]


"It was a pleasant memory, you asked me to be feeding you an apple and then I put it in your mouth as much as I could. I thought the apple would stick to your throat." [Kurose]


"I guess it was because I had no appetite, so I tried to force it to swallow ... I'll prove it to you that I'm better at feedings, so open your mouth." [Yuzu]


She put a lot of ketchup and brought it into my mouth. But, the fries fell on my pants.


"What the—!" [Kurose]


"Sorry." [Yuzu]


"See? You're not even good at feeding food either." [Kurose]


"No, I just can't do it right now. Because it's cold here and my body is shaking." [Yuzu]


"Yeah, yeah. You're really good at making excuses." [Kurose]


"That's not an excuse! In fact, we haven't even draw yet! This doesn't count!" [Yuzu]


"Oh, we're having a match, huh?" [Kurose]


"Do you want to run away from me, huh?" [Yuzu]


"Who's running away? I'm going to do it, so let me feed you." [Kurose]


We brought the fries into each other's mouths and ate them in no time.


Although the winner hasn't yet been determined, but our stomach are full. And we didn't have a second round either, but just read manga until the sun goes down and enjoyed our time at the manga cafe.



PREV | NEXT