Chapter 131: Probably A Difference Between Disguise And Cosplay

The Comiket venue is incredibly vast, teeming with a multitude of people. Is there any place more filled with enthusiasm than this?

"But seriously, it's so hot. And, come to think of it, every vending machine has been sold out since a while ago?"

Seeing all vending machines displaying sold out might be a first in my life. I'm in a T-shirt and shorts, so it's not too bad for me, but Tsukasa, dressed in cosplay, seems to be having a tough time.

"It's impressive, indeed. Shall we stop by the convenience store before heading to the doujinshi corner?"

"Sure."

We stopped by the convenience store inside the venue, but it's precarious in various ways. A surreal scene unfolds as drinks are rapidly sold and restocked.

"Wow, amazing. Let's just buy anything."

Just as I reached for a bottle of mineral water that caught my eye, someone else's hand touched it simultaneously.

"Oh, sorry. Please, go ahead. Wait, eh?"

"No, I'm sorry. Huh?"

When I turn my gaze to the person whose hand touched mine, it turns out to be Mashiba. We inadvertently lock eyes.

"For now, shall we buy them?"

"Yeah, let's buy them."

Mashiba and I toss about ten drinks into the basket, complete the payment, and head outside.

"Why are you here? It doesn't seem to match your face and the atmosphere of the venue at all. Haha."

"Ahaha. I totally get that."

Mashiba wears a mischievous smile and throws a joke. Thanks to our recent trip, it seems we've oddly become more comfortable with each other.

"Tomoe! Did you get drinks? Also, I took the photos of the cosplayers you asked for!"

"Kanata! Water, please! And listen to this! I got the private address of a god-tier illustrator!"

I hear the cheerful voice of a girl and the lively voice of a boy. I know both of them.

""Ha...""

Igarashi and Tsukasa exchange glances and simultaneously turn their faces toward Mashiba and me.

""""............""""

The four of us exchange glances. It's the first time this group has met since the Golden Week trip. It's understandable if they feel awkward. Mashiba and I gather in an empty space near the wall.

"It's amazing how we bump into each other at such a vast festival. Ahaha. It's like fate!"

Igarashi sparkles with excitement. It seems like he's genuinely enjoying this coincidence.

"Indeed, it's impressive. Actually, Kanata and I also ran into each other inside the venue just now."

Thinking about it, it seems like coincidences attract more coincidences.

"Could it be that the 'sai' is swaying? ...Huh?! This place fulfills the conditions of a 'sai' event! Ugougo!"

Mashiba mutters something quietly with an incredibly subtle expression. Honestly, after what happened last time, I don't want to make Mashiba too serious. I initiate the conversation.

"Why are you two here, by the way?"

"I was invited by Tomoe."

I can accept that as a plausible reason for Igarashi. He doesn't strike me as someone particularly interested in manga or anime. However, I always had the impression that Mashiba dislikes otaku culture. Being a med student who enjoys tennis (stereotype).

"Well, for me, it's like a field trip or something."

"That excuse is what virgins use at singles mixers and standing bars. Don't hide your ulterior motives."

There are girls with potential virgin qualities other than Milan ... the world is wide.

"Ugh ... aren't you going to laugh?"

Mashiba looks embarrassed.

"I really want to laugh, but I'll hold it in for now."

"Actually, there's an online novelist I've been following, and they announced in their activity report notebook that they would release a doujinshi ... So, I came to buy it."

"If you had just honestly said it was cute from the beginning. It's so normal. It's fine, it's quite comical, fitting for Comiket. If you're having fun, that's all that matters."

I smile, and Mashiba, although bashful, also smiles.

"...Yeah, I'm really looking forward to that doujinshi."

She must genuinely be excited about the doujinshi from that author. Mashiba's smile is bright and charming.

"Alright, let's head to the doujinshi corner. My usual group is there, and I think you'll enjoy it."

"Huh? Is Milan there? Yeay!"

Igarashi beams with joy. She really loves Milan. I'm curious to see her expression when she sees Miran in cosplay. And so, we head to the doujinshi corner.










The doujinshi corner had a calmer flow of people compared to when I got lost. It seemed natural as I observed wall circles starting to prepare for withdrawal.

"This year's wall circles were quite lively. It was a hot topic on the internet. A bestselling light novel author released their own doujinshi, and they even appeared in cosplay as a salesperson for their character."

"Oh, really? Someone doing something similar to us. The world is indeed vast."

"And apparently, they were cute. It's like a cheat having both creative talent and being beautiful. Maybe they're a reincarnated person? Hahaha."

Tsukasa, injecting the latest trends into the conversation, somehow manages to balance charm and otaku elements. The combination of charisma and otaku vibes is a bit too wicked, but that's Tsukasa for you.

"Oh! I found it! That booth!"

It seems Mashiba has found the booth she was looking for, pointing at it with a smiling face.

"An online novelist who's been keeping long-time fans on edge by not getting a published book despite seeming like it should! The 'Milk Bag Chest' sensei!"

There was a line of women forming at her booth, with a sign saying a set costs 500 yen. Two of them were in cosplay, and another, not in cosplay, had breasts so well-enhanced it looked like she cosplayed them. And they were all beautiful. Yes, superficially, they were all top-notch.

"Sometimes famous for teasing fans, it's the 'Milk Bag Chest' sensei!!"

I couldn't help but facepalm right there.

"The world is too small, isn't it...?!"

Yes, Mashiba's target booth was Yuzuriha's doujinshi booth.










Next Chapter Preview!!

"That person, 'My Best Friend's Girlfriend is Erotic Only for Me,' conquered the NTR-style love comedy Warring States era, one of the black hole templates of the online novel world – the 'Matatabi・Niiso・Schroedinger' sensei!?"

And finally, the appearance of the ultimate enemy!

"As long as I have the laws of template universe, that's enough. I will continue to produce hit works for eternity!"

"That's an act of closing off the potential of light novels! Rather than following the trend templates, orthodox stories supported by mythological logic are absolute justice!"

The two novelists choose a path of mutual understanding, rejection, and chaos.

"Unfair! I want to cosplay as Ayashiro too! Let's exchange clothes with this outfit and her dress! I want to be squeezed between Tokiwa and Milan too!"

"Yeah, yeah! I want to interact with Kanata as a female character too! Let me wear Ayashiro's dress too!"

"The seat of the noble girl character will never be handed over to mentally non-virgin fools like you!! Unicooooorn!"

Fools summoning chaos upon fools!

"That guy looks good in photos ... I got a little heart-fluttered."

Saba-chan, the maiden who's the only one feeling a bit thrilled while looking at the photo collection of the purchased doujinshi!

"By the way, I'm the main character, right? That's right, right? Somehow, I feel like I've been fading into the background lately?"

Hang in there, Kanata! You're the only one who can handle these idiots!!

Next time

[Conscious High-achieving Female CEO Shining in a Tight Skirt at the Corporate Booth]





***Author's musings***

Since I'm in a pressure-free state, I had fun writing something (*´Ð”`)

I hope the readers can feel the enjoyment.

Personally, I really like the 'Achaa' vibe of Igarashi-san.

It's a completely irrelevant story, but I think the most powerful phrase in this story is "My Best Friend's Girlfriend is Erotic Only for Me."

See you in the next chapter.