Chapter 130: Everyone Has Their Own Way Of Enjoyment!

This place was undoubtedly the hottest spot, perhaps in the whole world ... Comiket. It was truly a battlefield. So, here we are. We mass-produced the doujin goods we created, set up our booth with secured space, and displayed our merchandise.

"Ugh ... just one copy is fine. Just one! I just want to sell even oneeee!"

Yuzuriha, in despair mode, sat in the back of the booth before the customers even entered. By the way, her pen name is "Milk Bag Chest" – surprisingly assertive.

"It'll be fine with just that. Look, there are three of us, including me! Selling three copies is guaranteed!"

"I don't want it to sell only to friends! Ahhhhh!"

Milan teased Yuzuriha with laughter. Milan is unexpectedly harsh. I'll have to give her a scolding later.

"Well, I don't think it won't sell. There are plenty of likes on the samples I posted on SNS."

Ayashiro was calm as usual. She's really reassuring in these situations.

"How can you guarantee that all those likes aren't just bots!?"

"Oh dear. Normally, you only spout nonsense with logical thinking, but now your logic has crumbled due to tension. Poor girl. Mah, mah."

Ayashiro patted Yuzuriha's head soothingly. In the end, these guys are just as usual, so it's somewhat comforting. Well, I printed quite a lot confidently, but for me, it's not a significant amount. Just try and see. It should lead to something next.

"Alright, the two salesgirls, let's go for character cosplay!"

"Yes!"

Milan and Ayashiro went towards the changing room with their costumes.

"If things get tough, we'll push our sales to otaku using their beauty...!"

"No, no. That's definitely a move for someone doing anti-corporate stuff. Also, the assumption of targeting women is falling apart."

"What?! Then, if things get tough, Kanata, please do a hardcore romance business with fujoshi fans and sell doujinshi companion DV pillows!"

"Do I have to DV to sell doujinshi? What a ridiculous bastard. I'd rather watch if there's someone like that."

Suddenly, at that moment, I felt like someone was watching us. The gaze led to a so-called wall circle. There was a cute cosplayer salesgirl, and cardboard boxes were stacked against the wall. Rumor has it that the circle's producer doesn't draw or write anything, just exploits their creators to create doujinshi, living in a luxury apartment with the money and spending their days with cosplayers.

"Wall circle. A typical doujin parasite. What will you do!? Will we make it Kanata's new business venture!?"

"Regardless of what you say, you're an S to me."

Well, if it helps relieve the tension, I don't mind. And then, Milan and Ayashiro came back in cosplay.

"We understand why we're changing, but Kanata, aren't you going to do it too?"

"If someone like me with a rough appearance is here, customers won't feel comfortable approaching the booth. I'll be here, looking like a distant boyfriend nearby."

If I were at the booth, it seems like girls wouldn't come near. I'll standby nearby for trouble prevention, but I'll pass on participating as a salesperson.

--- "The venue is now open!"

Applause erupted in the venue along with the announcement. We also applauded enthusiastically. And thus, a selfie capturing the four of us was taken as a commemoration.










I underestimated Comiket. A distant boyfriend act? Is there even space for that, you lazy bum?! The crowd is seriously intense. I'm swallowed by the flow of people and end up somewhere else. Before I realize it, I'm outdoors.

"Oh no, I'm lost. Comiket is overwhelming!"

"Huh? Could it be Kanata?"

I hear a familiar voice. Turning around, there's Tsukasa.

"Oh, Tsukasa. What a coincidence to meet you here. By the way, what are you doing?"

Tsukasa is cosplaying as a character from a popular shonen manga. But, hanging from his neck is a seriously bulky camera, indicating he's a hardcore enthusiast.

"Huh? Can't you tell just by looking?"

Tsukasa grins mischievously like a prankster.

"It's cosplay, right? But that's not all, is it...?"

I have a bad feeling about this. There's a sinister vibe in Tsukasa's smile.

"Hehehe. Then come with me. I'll show you the real way to enjoy Comiket. Hehehe."

I think it's definitely something shady, but it seems interesting, so I decide to follow.

"Hanging a camera means you came to take pictures of cosplayers, right?"

"Yeah, that's right. But I've already taken pictures of almost all the famous ones. More than that, I'm aiming for people who aren't famous yet."

"Aiming...?"

"Yeah, you see, famous people have a certain air about them, and they're usually connected to top-notch artists or streamers, making things messy."

"Messy...?"

Tsukasa talks as if he has experience in these matters, sending shivers down my spine. And where he leads me is a somewhat deserted area, quite far from the cosplay venue. There are quite a few cosplayers, but not many photographers.

"In places like this, photographers don't come. They use the tactic of connecting with cosplayers through promises of sending photos, aiming for a chance, but in places like this, where it's quiet and conversations tend to be one-on-one, they don't come because deep down, they're introverts."

"What kind of dark Comiket backstage information is this?! Scary! Tsukasa, you're a bit scary!"

I can see an aura of darkness emanating from Tsukasa. It feels like it. And Tsukasa approaches a lone cosplayer nearby.

"Excuse me! Can I take some pictures?"

"Huh? Oh, yes! Please, go ahead!"

The cosplayer is a cute girl. However, she seems unfamiliar with being photographed, as her poses are a bit awkward. Nevertheless, Tsukasa continues snapping pictures.

"So cute, so cute. Yes, smile. Good, very cute. Haha."

After taking quite a few photos, Tsukasa approaches the cosplayer and shows her the pictures.

"How is it? Did I capture your cuteness?"

"Thank you! But, even compared to those famous people over there, I'm nothing..."

"That's not true~. You're much cuter than those people over there. You're beautiful."

It's so cheesy! But when I look at the girl's face, blushing with a soft smile, it seems like the pickup was quite successful. However, the dark Comiket prince's tactics didn't end there.

"But, you're still a bit stiff, right? Is this your first time here?"

"Yes. I gathered my courage to come. But it's so crowded and scary, and all the famous people sparkle."

"I see. It must be tough. I understand. But, in my opinion, I think you'd shine even more if you loosen up a bit. Let's start by relaxing, okay? Relax!"

Saying that, Tsukasa pulls both of the girl's cheeks.

"Eek! I was surprised..."

This is definitely harassment, right? But when a handsome guy does it, it's just casual physical contact.

"But you've relaxed, right?"

While saying that, Tsukasa winks. It might be a cheesy act from Milan's perspective, but looking at the girl's face, blushing with teary eyes and a smile, it seems like a great success.

"Okay, follow my instructions. I'll definitely make you shine."

And Tsukasa starts shooting again. The cosplayer seems softer, cuter, and is now wearing a wonderful smile.

"Raise both hands. Yes, like that. But not at the camera. Look at me. Look into my eyes..."

"Yes, okay..."

The cosplayer poses, crossing her arms above her head to emphasize her chest. Her eyes gaze at Tsukasa with a passionate warmth. And Tsukasa captures that perfect moment in a photo.

"How is it? Beautiful, right?"

"Yes! It's so beautiful...!"

The cosplayer looks at the pictures Tsukasa took, tears welling up slightly. The quality of the photos is truly moving.

"Okay, I'll transfer the data. Can you tell me your cosplay account? I'll send it to you."

"Uh... um, well. About that..."

The cosplayer seems fidgety. I can see from behind that she has a cosplay-specific business card.

"Oh, do you not have an account for cosplaying?"

"Y-Yes! That's right! So, I'm sorry, but if you could send it to my personal one..."

"Sure, that's fine. I'll send it there."

Tsukasa and the cosplayer quickly exchange contact information on their smartphones.

"By the way, are you taking the train back?"

Tsukasa asks something strange.

"Yes. That's the plan."

"I see. Actually, there's a bus from here to Akihabara for the way back. How about it? Let's take the bus together and boast about today's loot in Akihabara."

"Wow! That sounds like so much fun! Sure, let's go!"

Did they just secure a post-Comiket date through address exchange? What kind of sorcery is this?!

"See you later!"

"Yes! I'll be waiting!"

They high-five, wave to each other, and part with smiles. The cosplayer stays in place, continuing her cosplay, but occasionally glances towards Tsukasa. It's obvious she's interested.

"Heh. This is the Beautiful-Sweet Approach to Comiket Pickup, Undercover Return from the Comiket Battlefield, Cosplay Buddy Fishing, and Covert Pilferage Technique."

Tsukasa, who returned to my side, wears a triumphant smirk. I want to smack that smile off.

"Comiket cosplay is better at the edges. They're all debutantes, innocent girls. But even so, girls have some resistance to being picked up. By mimicking a fellow cosplayer, we break down their guard, take advantage of their lack of confidence, establish control, and then delight them with beautiful photos. Furthermore, people unfamiliar with Comiket don't know about the bus to Akihabara on the way back. We use this item of confusion to seal off the chance for the other person to decline the date and smoothly transition from Comiket to a date! Just lead them to a hotel as the final step."

"I can't hide my shudder at the logical backing behind your tactics."

People who rationalize pick-up techniques are truly formidable.

"Kanata, you can mimic it too!"

"No, I always come with my usual group, and I'm good with pick-up, thank you."

"I see. Too bad. I thought you were the only one who would inherit my style."

"I think it's okay if that style comes to an end."

I decided to be more cautious about pick-up attempts at Comiket and plan to enlighten others about it.

"By the way, we've created a doujinshi. Won't you come and buy it?"

"Huh!? You made something interesting like that?! Sure, I'll go!"

We managed to get at least one customer. We headed towards the booth of Yuzuriha, also known as Milk Bag Chest-sensei.




***Author's Musings***

Someone mentioned there's also a pattern of finding cosplayers from the same series for cosplay collaborations in the context of making cosplay friends and turning it into a post-event date!

Certainly, let's all be good and avoid engaging in such bothersome actions!