Chapter 3

I rushed into the nearby bathroom.

It can't be true...

Even though I knew it, being present when it happened was such a shock.

I entered a stall and faced the toilet.

Ugh.

I vomited.

A taste of stomach acid mixed with my lunch filled my mouth.

It wouldn't stop.

It was like bodily fluids overflowing from a turned faucet.

My eyes blurred with tears.

The faint moans I could hear came from Akane.

They had been intimate there.

Didn't she like me?

Why is she sleeping with another guy?

Isn't she my girlfriend?

Isn't Renya my best friend?

If he's a true friend, he shouldn't sleep with a friend's girlfriend.

Tears overflowed.

I yelled into the toilet bowl as if my throat were being pounded.

"Aaaaah!!!"

So, I've been betrayed.

I wish it were a dream.

But it's not a dream, this is reality.

Memories with Akane began to flood my mind like a slideshow.

The fun times, the fights, and the love we shared.

All of it was precious.

Memories with Renya also came rushing back.

The good times, the arguments, and the foolish moments.

But I had been betrayed by them.

What am I going to do from here?

I fell to the ground, sobbing without thinking about anything else.

Even after my tears dried up, they kept flowing.

I despise myself for only being able to cry.

It was the same when I got home.

I collapsed on my bed and kept crying.

This is where Akane and I made love multiple times.

It's where we first slept together.

I remembered how Akane cried in pain.

I should just end it...

For some reason, I didn't care about anything anymore.

I couldn't love Akane like I used to, and I couldn't trust Renya like I used to.

For me, they were treasures.

But now they're no longer treasures.

It hurts.

Okay, let's die.

I'll feel relieved when I die.

I can be free from this pain.

I strangled myself with both hands, my throat tightening.

My head grew heavy.

Tighten, tighten, tighten, tighten.

Just keep applying more pressure.

Bubbles formed in my mouth.

My mouth tasted salty.

My body gradually lost its strength, and I became dizzy.

But I didn't stop.

I cursed them.

How dare they betray me like this.

...It's impossible.

I let go of my hands and coughed.

I can't die.

I won't let myself die.

I wiped the drool from my hand.

Why do I have to die?

Even though it's all their fault.

There's no reason for me to die.

I calmed my breathing and lifted my upper body.

Then, I picked up the photo of Akane on the table and crushed it in my hand.

"I'll kill you ... I'll get my revenge..."

I threw the crushed photo into the trash can.

"...I'll definitely get my revenge."

I wiped away my tears.

And so, I decided to seek revenge on them.

"I'll definitely send you to hell ... be prepared."

I wiped away my tears and made up my mind to seek revenge on the two of them.