Chapter 64: Aisha

"Ah, Tiana, right? Don't make that face, everything's alright."

The waitress previously called Alice peeks at Tiana's face.

"It's not like she didn't like it or anything. That old lady here has become quite sentimental with age. She doesn't want people to see her crying. It's funny, isn't it?"

Alice laughs cheerfully.

"Well then, have a seat."

Alice pulls out Tiana's chair.

"That scarf is too good for that old lady. But I think it looks good on her because she's a brunette. Well, you'll see. Next time she come out, she'll have it wrapped around her head."

Everyone at the table, including me, is overwhelmed by Alice calling Stella an old lady.

"Young lady, brace yourself. You'll be fed until you burst." Alice laughs.

"Well then, I should go too. If I keep talking, I might get my neck pulled out. Oh, but cool guy over there, I'll come back later."

Alice winks at Zeigt and leaves, and I look around, but no one pays attention to us. Even if they glance at us, it seems like this is just the usual scene, and they quickly return to their conversations.

"It's quite something."

"It was quite interesting."

"I'm not a fan, though. That type."

Conversations among friends start popping up.

Tiana looks worriedly towards the kitchen.

"Don't worry. Alice may be familiar, but she doesn't seem like a bad person. Probably, she's right about what she's saying."

"Master. Is that so?"

First, drinks arrive, and then dishes follow one after another. Fresh salad with shredded cheese on top, jelly with nuts and beast meat, herb-seasoned boiled crabs, fried river fish, and more. And each dish has enough for everyone. I glance at Zeigt, who seems puzzled too.

"I didn't order this much?"

Alice, carrying a pot of simmered organs and beans, places it on the table.

"Well, the old lady is overly excited when you're around. I think it's been like this since the Lord came. Well, eat without hesitation."

"It's a kindness. Let's enjoy it freshly made. Tiana, what do you want? Shall we start with the salad?"

When I serve Tiana, she gets flustered.

"Master. I will do it. It's just..."

"I did it because it was nearby. Besides..." I lower my voice, "...Imagine if I let you serve, and I leisurely eat. Stella might twist my neck. Well, it's fine for everyone to take something nearby. Gina, can you get some of that appetizing crab?"

Since we refrained from eating and drinking to avoid going to the great tunnel to pick flowers, everyone is hungry. They quickly start eating what they like. There's no one among this group who eats lightly. Even the most refined Eilia has a good appetite. Although there was a mountain of dishes, there's no lonely plate with untouched food.

"How about this too?"

Stella brings a large bowl. She has the scarf that Tiana gave her wrapped around her head. It seems like her eye rims are slightly red. The contents of the bowl seem to be vegetables and probably chicken, softly simmered. Tiana smiles, looking at the not very glamorous dish.

"This is from that time!"

"Yeah. Stella's special healthy soup."

Tiana, having her soup served, lifts the spoon to her mouth. She looks happy with a smile on her face.

"It's delicious. Very much so."

"Of course. By the way, thanks for the scarf. I'll use it carefully."

Stella's wrinkles around her eyes increase.

"Well then. You probably won't say your stomach is full yet. There are still many dishes I want you to eat."

Stella takes the empty plates and goes back to the kitchen.

"I'm glad."

"Yes."

Seeing Tiana's happy face, I feel relieved inside too. If Stella continued her indifferent attitude, I would have to complain due to my position. I'm not eager to confront that powerful woman.

We enjoyed delicious food and plenty of alcohol. Finally, desserts made with fruits and a mysterious warm drink with a delightful aroma are served. Tiana raises her voice with joy at the beautiful colors of the amber-like sweets. Everyone has satisfied expressions, truly a scene of happiness. When I reach for the dessert, an unbelievable voice strikes my ears.

"Oh, it seems quite busy here."

Thinking it can't be true, I turn around. At the end of my gaze, a woman dressed in luxurious attire, her eyes covered with a mask, is surrounded by several strong-looking men, surveying the inside of the shop. I stand up from my seat as if manipulated like a puppet.

"Master?"

From a distance, our eyes meet. Although her mouth is half-covered by the mask, her face, unforgettable no matter how much time passes, is unmistakable. Even after three years, her mouth remains beautiful, adding a touch of allure. Her mouth opens as if surprised, and the name I both longed for and hated escapes from my lips.

"Aisha..."

We only stared at each other for a moment. A smile appears on Aisha's face.

"It seems crowded, so let's save it for another time."

Aisha turns around.

The two remaining guards glance suspiciously in my direction, but she has already left.

"Hey, stop!"

Aisha removes her mask, directs a contemptuous look towards me, and disappears into the carriage, responding to my voice. The four guards, looking strong, react to my voice.

"Who are you? Insolent fool!"

My hand reaches for my waist, and the guards' expressions change.