Epilogue

"K-Kaito!"

Mia exclaimed in surprise.

"The event is already over."

I conveyed it bluntly to the protagonist.

"W-What are you saying, Akito?"

Mia looked at me, struggling to grasp the situation.

However, the protagonist was wary, glaring at my face.

"That fox mask ... I see. It was all you!"

The protagonist looked at the fox mask I was holding.

"K-Kaito. Um, it's a selfish request, but can we break up? I-I'm not sure if I still like you, Kaito..."

Mia desperately tried to form her words.

"...I understand."

The protagonist withdrew without much of a fuss.

Surprising. It's surprisingly eerie.

"Ah, thank you."

Mia appeared to feel the same, as her expression became rigid.

"May I talk to him for a moment?"

The protagonist pointed at me and asked Mia.

Mia glanced at my expression.

I nodded once.

"It's fine. I'll wait here."

***

In the shrine grounds, the protagonist and I faced each other.

"How much do you know?"

That was the protagonist's first question.

"I know everything."

"Tch."

The protagonist twisted his composed face and clicked his tongue.

...Is that his true nature?

"What do you intend by stealing the three events?"

Three of them, huh?

I had no intention of interfering with the other two events apart from Mia's.

"I stole Mia's event intentionally, but I had no choice regarding the other two."

"No choice?"

The protagonist showed clear irritation.

"Because you were too slow. The student council president would have been taken away by delinquents if I hadn't intervened. Regarding the junior, if I hadn't bought time, it would have been a failure. Do you understand? The junior would have been killed."

If he knows about the game, he should understand. The junior's event couldn't afford any mistakes.

I glared at the protagonist.

"What's the point? They're just game characters, after all. Even if Koharu dies, it's just frustrating that I couldn't capture her."

"...You're rotten."

Is this what he's really like? This guy isn't the protagonist. The game's protagonist is a scoundrel who steals other people's girlfriends, but he still treats the heroines with care. In contrast, this guy only sees characters, nothing more.

"The characters in this world are living beings, you know?"

"Huh? They're just dolls created for me to capture. Don't change the subject. Because of you, I missed all the events. The student council president and Koharu both went away saying something about the 'Fox Mask'? What's the matter with you?"

...He's not listening at all.

"Mia is mine. Don't come near her."

"Huh? After being cuckolded?"

"I just got dumped."

"Tch."

He scratch his head in disgust.

"You have to capture the remaining two heroines. Make them precious."

In reality, trying to capture all three of them at the same time was impossible.

Focusing on two should be doable.

He has a personality problem, but that doesn't mean he won't improve in the future.

"Shut up. I'm going to capture all three of them. Supporting characters should back off."

His sharp gaze pierced me.

"You shut up. I'll make Mia happy."

I stared back at him without hesitation.

"...Kukuku, oh well."

Suddenly, he burst into laughter.

"I thought it was strange that you didn't react enthusiastically when you were cuckolded last time. But I think I'll see a better reaction next time I cuckold you."

With just those words, the protagonist turned his back to me.

"No matter how hard you try, you can't beat the protagonist. The events are for the protagonist, which is me."

***

"Akito, Mia-chan is here,"

My mom called out to me as I picked up my bag.

When I stepped out of the entrance, Mia was standing there with a cool expression.

"Good morning, Mia."

"...Good morning."

Mia returned my greeting with a small smile.

Summer vacation had ended, and we had started going to school together, just like before.

We weren't in a romantic relationship. Not yet, at least. Our connection was that of childhood friends.

Gradually, I could feel that Mia and I were getting closer.

"Mia, I love you."

"I'm still not in love with you."

Mia said so with a smile.

I still had a long way to go.

Or, there's an event coming up soon.

Well, I'll be the one to capture it.

I won't let it go this time.

Even though I'm just a supporting character, I'll surpass the protagonist!






Translator :

Thanks to all of you who have been reading this novel since yesterday. I really liked this novel so I'm sharing it with you, even though the ending is a bit salty.

I hope you'll also read the other novels we translated on this site.

―――――――――――――――――――――――

[Author's note]

If you found it interesting, please consider giving it a star!

For now, it's concluded. I'll use any feedback I receive to make improvements. So, I'd be happy if you could write some thoughts at the end.

Thank you for reading until the end!

Also, I have another romantic comedy story submitted to Kakuyomu Koshien. I'd be delighted if you could read it.

[The Girl I Saved Became a Maid, but She's Terrible at Housework with Zero Skills]

It's a story where the protagonist helps a girl, and then that girl becomes a maid.

The protagonist is distrustful of people and distant from everyone, but thanks to the girl, things take an unexpected turn.


PREV | NEXT