Chapter 46: Flood Of Customers

When I returned home, I found Tiana and Tuck standing side by side, learning to write from Gina.

Gina looks more dignified when she is teaching than when she is in the dungeon.

I wondered why she was still an adventurer when she was earning a steady income to support herself? It's not like she's just scavenging in the shallow end of the dungeon like I am.

I absentmindedly look at Tiana's profile.

The way she earnestly worked on it with a twinkle in her eye tickled my male heart.

There was nothing at all that reminded me of the terrible appearance she had when we first met.

She is a healthy, vivacious, and beautiful girl herself.

However, her body is as slender as ever, and she still doesn't give the impression of an adult woman.

While I was indulging in unproductive fantasies like "I wish she had a body like Gina's", I heard a voice warning me.

When I answered the door, I found it was Carrie.

I invited her in because I didn't want to stand around talking.

"I'm going to dive a little deeper with another team next time."

"Oh, yeah? And you went to all that trouble?"

"Yeah. I just wanted to mention that it's only temporary."

"Well, that's a very lawful thing to do."

"I'm told it's polite to say no to the leader."

"If you want to move on, that's fine with me. It would be better for you too......."

Then there was another knock at the door.

"Harris. It's been a while. I'm Eilia."

Carrie agrees and sits down in the middle of the room.

When I answer, I see Eilia smiling at me in her loose-fitting priestly garb, and behind her is a man with a scrunched-up face.

"I'm sorry to bother you so suddenly ...... Oh, Tiana. You look well."

Eilia, with a wan smile, opens her arms and Tiana jumps into them.

"Eilia-sama!"

Breaking the embrace that had been squeezed for a while, Eilia looked at Tiana and narrowed her eyes.

It was quite a sight to behold, but I moved my gaze when I felt a sharp gaze cross across me.

Carrie was gritting her teeth on one side.

On the other is Carlisle, who has a look of bitterness on his well-formed face.

The two had been colleagues in the Order of the Rough Eagle until recently.

Carlisle is the Order's comptroller and the one who came up with the idea to plant the fake gold coins in my house.

The day after Summard caught Carrie red-handed, Carlisle apologized to me in the Guild's reception room for the knight's arbitrary outburst.

He brought a pretty good souvenir, wanting me to understand that he had not the slightest intention of suspecting me.

But I knew it was a lie, because Carrie had blown the whole thing wide open afterwards.

I had assumed that Carlisle's discourse was intended to keep the Knights from losing face, but given the circumstances, apparently not.

After the emotional meeting, Eilia introduced Carlisle behind her.

"This is my brother, Carlisle. You met face to face the other day when the Knights came here, didn't we?"

He's her brother. He must be the one to whom Eilia was desperately trying to grab information about the counterfeit money. And that's why she was trying to avenge the favor I had done her for the information.

"Yes. It's just a greeting."

"I'm sorry that I seem to have caused Harris a great deal of trouble. He has a suspicion that you used counterfeit money, even though it was a mistake. ......My brother did his best to intervene."

"No, no. It was no big deal."

So that's the kind of duplicity he's using on his sister.

I guess what he didn't expect was that Carrie was here.

The Knights returned early before they knew what punishment had been handed down to Carrie.

Whatever he said, it was officially Carrie's decision, so it was a big miscalculation to think that she was free to go.

I guess he thought that if he had left her to me to dispose of, I would have toyed with her and sent her to Sitre Island, or something.

I turned my back on them and approached Carrie.

"I've agreed to temporarily join another party. Take care."

Then I closed one eye and added in a whisper.

"Leave it to me to make him suffer."

I turns and introduces Carrie and Gina to Eilia.

"These are my party members. Carrie, the Mage Warrior, and Gina, the Mage. This Eilia, the priestess that Tiana took care of before. I'm pretty sure she can use higher level healing magic than the priests here in town."

"No, no. I am still in training."

Tuck stepped closer to Eilia, who was a reserved woman with a blank expression on her face.

"Are you the Saint lady who is a friend of uncle's that sister told me about?"

Tiana affirms.

"Wow! Then that story was true?! Then it's also true that the Holy Knight is uncle's friend?!"

Eilia bends down and makes eye contact with Tuck.

"I'm not a Saint yet. But Harris is my dear friend."

"No, it's not! No, you're like the Saint in the story!"

Eilia has a troubled smile on her face. She can't tell a lie, but she doesn't want to ruin the child's dream.

I clear my throat.

"By the way, Eilia. Why did you come all the way here?"

"I was ordered by the church to investigate the old shrine, and fortunately we were going in the same direction, so I came to apologize directly to Harris."

"Oh no. No need to worry so much."

"No."

"By the way, are you with Bash and the others?"

"That, unfortunately, is not convenient for us. .......I'm afraid I can't pay for it, but I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but it would be great if Harris could help us out."

"I'm not sure I can help you."

"No, of course not. It is an old shrine and I have lost the key, and moreover, it would be very reassuring to have Harris, who has a great experience."

I know it's flattering, but it's still pleasant to hear.

Behind Eilia, Tiana had a pleading look on her face.

She made a very obvious appeal for help with her eyes.

I was about to reply when I heard another knock on the door.

This time it was very forceful.

Too many customers today.

Despite my thoughts, a clear voice rang out.

"It's Zeigt. Open up, please."